Continuing my journey... Simply Jacked

Awesomeness. Accountability. I just never like to see people take out their stress on themselves. Life is too short. :hugs:

Lol fair. I haven’t done that in years. Lifting was a way for me to handle my stress. My job, social life and relationship are totally different now than they were 3 years ago. Life is really really good now. My only problem is I have spent 3 years In bulk mode and it’s time to learn how to cut. I have done really well for my self gaining all this healthy weight. I want to keep it going in a well thought out manner.

Awesomeness keep it up. You sound really cool, welcome again.

When cutting I found that weighing in every damn morning at the same time and keeping a log with it on an app is very good.
Over time (at least two weeks) you’ll be able to see if the weights goes up or down og stays the same.
When I’m cutting I found that I lose a pound or two and then out of nowhere i gain a pound or a half a pound, just to find it keeps dropping.
Btw nice workouts going on here.

3 Likes

Thanks man! I am using the tdee spread that’s floating around Reddit. I just need to get better at logging my calories. Using this week to practice that and dial in my diet before I start tracking it in the spread.

2 Likes

Ok first… If you know me… Please don’t mention it. Just keep to your self. Thanks.
Ok here is my current state of things. I have leaned out since January 1st. Lost a little fat gained a little muscle but ultimately went up in weight by about… 5 lbs.

For you foodies out there… These are my normal dinners. I tend to eat at lunch and again at 3 or 4. Then a protien shake and gym at about 730. Dinner when I come home. The liquor is almost always my boyfriend’s. I enjoy 1 or 2 glasses once a week usually.

2 Likes

Awesomeness :hugs:. Keep it up!

Today’s lifts are as follows:
C1W1D5

Warm-up
3x25 Jacks
3x10 Squats
3x20 Mt. Climbers
3x5 Push ups
3x4 Box Jumps

Lifting:
3x5 Warm up Bench SS with 3x15 Rows
45,50,55lbs and 25 lb db
3x5 Working bench SS with 2x15 rows, 1 amrap push ups
60,65, 70lbs
5x10 BBB Squat SS with 3x15 KB Swings
50lbs & 35 KB
3x15 Hip Thrusts
135lbs
3x15 Hanging (Captain’s Chair) Leg Raises

Things are feeling easy. thinking i need to increase my weight on hip thrusts and reps on KB swings. obviously weight needs to go up on lifts but i am taking those easy for now.

2 Likes

I am gonna finish my 4th work out this week as written however… I think I will switch to same lift on fsl and bb instead if alternating. Jim advocates it alot and it would speed up my days.

I am also going to finish the next 2 weeks on 5’s pro but after I bump up my training maxes I think I will switch to standard 531 and see how I like it.

I might try a different program every cycle until I know what I like.

C1W1D6

More Conditioning
Feeling pretty good today. Opted to do a small circuit.

KB swings 30 seconds
20 second rest
Burpees 30 seconds
Repeat 6 times

Max incline walk @4 for 20 mins

2 Likes

Yesterday’s lifts are as follows:
C1W1D7

Warm-up
3x25 Jacks
3x10 Squats
3x20 Mt. Climbers
3x5 Push ups
3x4 Box Jumps

Lifting:
3x5 Warm up DL SS with 3x3 pull ups
100, 120, 135
3x5 Working DL SS with 3x3 pull ups
145, 155,165
5x5 FSL OHP SS with 3x15 KB Swings
45 lbs & 35 KB
3x15 Hip Thrusts
135lbs
3x15 Hanging (Captain’s Chair) Leg Raises

Next week starting Saturday I switch to just 1 compound a day a see how I feel

Deadlifts were way easy.

Today
C1W2D1
Cardio
30 mins 5 mins walk @ Max incline (4); 5% incline 2 mins jog (5.2) 90 sec walk(3.5) for 19 mins Max incline walk 6 mins (3.8).

Still managing about 1500 calories. Trending average this week is 138.6 lbs. I will take it! Let’s see what next week brings me!

1 Like

C1W2D2-05/05/18

Warm-up

3x25 Jacks

3x10 Squats

3x20 Mt. Climbers

3x5 Push ups

3x4 Box Jumps

Lifting: (Note I did not like the order I did the compound lifts in last week so I am switching that up as well this week. Still 5’s pro, FSL/BBB. I will remain with this for the full duration of 6 weeks. Which I count as 1 full cycle. I will follow that up with a TM rest 7th week before starting a new cycle. )

3x5 Warm up Bench SS with 3x10 SDL

45,50,55 W/ 2-30lb DB for SDL

3x5 Working Bench SS with 3x10 SDL

60,70,75 W/ 2-30lb DB for SDL

5x10 BBB Bench SS with 3x15 DB Row

45 lbs & 30 lb

3x15 split squats

45 lbs

3x15 Abs

Conditioning
100 KB swings 5x20 35lb

C1W2D3 5/6
Incline walk- 30 mins @ 4

C1W2D4 5/7
Warm-up

3x25 Jacks

3x10 Squats

3x20 Mt. Climbers

3x5 Push ups

Lifting:
3x5 Warm up Squat SS with 3x10 Push up

3x5 Working Bench SS with 3x10 Push up

5x10 BBB Squat SS with 5x15 DB Row

60 lbs & 25 lb

3x15 Hip Thrust

135 lbs

3x15 Abs

My hamstrings are still killing me from bench day when I SS SLD with bench. I guess 5x15 at 60 lbs hurts…

I got my work out in on the 7th and ate a pretty normal dinner ( chicken green beans and bacon sauteed together with a side of mashed sweet potatoes.) but for some reason my stomach turned upside down that night. I was tossing and turning did not sleep well and having all the usual symptoms of food poisoning or the stomach flu. And I mean all of the symptoms…

Needless to say, I did not work out at all yesterday. Drank a shit ton of water and tea, and fasted until about 6 pm. At that point I had nothing left to lose and decided to eat. I had a lovely bowel of Tonkotsu ramen ( real ramen not that packaged BS). That did the trick. I felt better last night and today I feel back at my usual. Eating a few more smaller meals today to build back up my energy and I plan on doing OHP day later tonight.

Ugh, sorry to hear that. Try to get your electrolytes balanced before you get back on the horse. Take care🤗

Thanks! I am working on that all day today. That is actually why I decided on tonkotsu ramen last night. A nice big bowl of salty soup the help re balance me. eating like normal and feeling good. i am doing my lighter day on OHP instead of deadlift day to work back into it a little easier.

1 Like

Hope goes well! Take care. I had a killer workout this am trying to build up quads. I just finished vacuuming the stairs and left the vacuum at the top. I’ll bring it down later. I’m really too tired to eat but I’ve gotta load in even cake. No Keto here. Editing I’m quitting this program.

@girlgotguns which program?

One that was for pretraining for me based on my time after I raced over the weekend and my drs reports etc given to coach and adjusted to build my quads more for explosive starts. My conditioning was tested, too. I’m gonna figure out what I want to do now. I’ve got connections to do several things but would be living out of a suitcase, with those, too. I’m content with my life, my hubby and I are better than ever and have two wonderful dogs. If @Chris_Colucci would edit it, I’d write a book…nah, don’t have the patience. I know, I’ll propose a 10 k gift card if I can bench a Victoria secret model. Nah, that skinniness sickens me, now. But props to them for clothes with short inseams. Hmm…I will contemplate what comes next. I’ve been under scrutiny for so long now, I just am sitting outside listening to the new apc album and grilling me a steak and asparagus. Was invited to play a pick up game this coming weekend, but I’m loving the iron and the rink. I’m dumbfounded.

@girlgotguns ah i see. i like to just try to get some strength training in at least 3 times a week just for general health. i love that with jims programs i can do the " i am not doing jack shit" program if i need to for time. But… i also dont have a social life.

I work a normal 40 hour a week job and only have 2 friends. one comes over once a week to lift with me and the other once a month to play magic the gathering or DND.beyond that i live at home reading books, gaming, watching the food channel and cooking. so its pretty easy for me to fit in time to gym.

my boy friend has been better about joining me a the gym as well which is nice. we end up with more us time that way.

1 Like