This Kid is STRONG.

http://www.athletebio.com/usa1988m86

Holy crap.
Larry Pacifico’s son is a beast and a half.

830 pound squat
430 bench
at 230 pounds and 17 years old.

Sweet God! Someone get that kid a cape!

[quote]DemiAjax wrote:
http://www.athletebio.com/usa1988m86

Holy crap.
Larry Pacifico’s son is a beast and a half.

830 pound squat
430 bench
at 230 pounds and 17 years old. [/quote]

is this raw?

I think I read somewhere it was single ply. He’s also the national champion in both shotput and discus.

Does he breathe fire too? Crap…

If EVERYONE trained with weights properly from a young age you would discover the stars of today/history would begin to fall back against the huge number of untapped stars. Which is what you find in a lot of communist countries where they seek out talent at a young age.

Note that the stars of today might only fall back by 2% or 5% in comparison but at the super elite levels that is a lot.

In my opinion the next 20 years will be interesting because I think the sports in general are expanding.

[quote]DemiAjax wrote:
I think I read somewhere it was single ply. He’s also the national champion in both shotput and discus.
[/quote]

I REALLY doubt those are single ply numbers. If they are then I might just have to kill myself for suckign so badly!

Il asume he has 100-200lbs off every lift he wears a suit in?

Plus his dad is Larry Pacifico. Imagine having one of the all-time greats as your father who could pass on all his training knowledge and experience to you.

[quote]n3wb wrote:
Il asume he has 100-200lbs off every lift he wears a suit in?

[/quote]

I mean, the kid had a 250 raw bench at 12-13 years old and 148 pounds. He’s now 230 pounds and significantly more developed physically. He’s basically stopped powerlifting in favor of shot and discus, but who knows what he could do raw.

Anyhoo, I think this kid’s someone to watch.

http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/records/National/National%20Powerlifting%20Records.pdf
Search for Pacifico there if you need proof about the 12-13 year old #s.

It says he’s 18. That’s pretty damn good numbers lol. Anyone know what kinda meet it was (organization)…just to know what gear he was using. Thanks.

[quote]dl- wrote:
It says he’s 18. That’s pretty damn good numbers lol. Anyone know what kinda meet it was (organization)…just to know what gear he was using. Thanks.[/quote]

Yeah, he was 17 when he competed and had those lifts, he’s 18 now. I’m not sure what Fed.

[quote]DemiAjax wrote:
dl- wrote:
It says he’s 18. That’s pretty damn good numbers lol. Anyone know what kinda meet it was (organization)…just to know what gear he was using. Thanks.

Yeah, he was 17 when he competed and had those lifts, he’s 18 now. I’m not sure what Fed. [/quote]

It said IPF.

And you don’t take hundreds of lbs off each lift for single ply gear.

I still can’t believe that squat. It was only 7.5kg lighter than the best JUNIOR squat in this years IPF world champs. At ANY WEIGHT.

And the 110kg sub-junior record is 332.5kg. Why doesn’t Larry hold it??

I would believe the lifts if they were out in a mutliply fed, but not IPF.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
DemiAjax wrote:
dl- wrote:

Yeah, he was 17 when he competed and had those lifts, he’s 18 now. I’m not sure what Fed.

It said IPF.

And you don’t take hundreds of lbs off each lift for single ply gear.[/quote]

You can get 100lbs off of single ply gear?..You add knee wraps, your suit, and you definately can have a 100lb + gain.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
I still can’t believe that squat. It was only 7.5kg lighter than the best JUNIOR squat in this years IPF world champs. At ANY WEIGHT.

And the 110kg sub-junior record is 332.5kg. Why doesn’t Larry hold it??

I would believe the lifts if they were out in a mutliply fed, but not IPF.[/quote]

Interesting points hanley

[quote]dl- wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
DemiAjax wrote:
dl- wrote:

It said IPF.

And you don’t take hundreds of lbs off each lift for single ply gear.

You can get 100lbs off of single ply gear?..You add knee wraps, your suit, and you definately can have a 100lb + gain.[/quote]

Hundred, yeah, hundredS is more far fetched. I was talking about Newb’s reply.

Forget gear, the kid’s strong.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

Forget gear, the kid’s strong.[/quote]

It should be clear by now that newb has no idea about gear usage.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:

It should be clear by now that newb has no idea about gear usage.[/quote]

Especially from that deadlift suit comment in the Powerlifter’s Physique Thread.

[quote]DemiAjax wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:

It should be clear by now that newb has no idea about gear usage.

Especially from that deadlift suit comment in the Powerlifter’s Physique Thread. [/quote]

Well that, combined with comment in this thread are what I’m basing that on!!