T Nation

This is What We Bailed Out

http://www.usstockmarket.tv/fox-business/2010/09/your-bailout-bucks-up-in-smoke/

Cliffs of the video: Chrysler employees drinking and getting high on their lunch break on a regular basis.

Yeah, they totally deserved our bail out.

Inefficient companies do not deserve bailouts and this is proof.

Racist ! LOL.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Inefficient companies do not deserve bailouts and this is proof.[/quote]

x2

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Inefficient companies do not deserve bailouts and this is proof.[/quote]

It just seems like they never learned from their bad experiences in 2008 and 2009. Competition is that much worse now, particularly in the automotive market. They can’t afford to make such public statements/depictions like this.

This is also another reason I’m against unions. If the workers didn’t have the option of hiding behind their unions they wouldn’t be so cavaliere about shit like this. They’d know that they need to do their job and do it well.

Appearently people don’t know the difference between saving something and prolonging it’s death.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Racist ! LOL.[/quote]

I wouldn’t even care about any of this if that video didn’t show that one black guy.

:wink:

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
Appearently people don’t know the difference between saving something and prolonging it’s death. [/quote]

To whom are you referring?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Racist ! LOL.[/quote]

I wouldn’t even care about any of this if that video didn’t show that one black guy.

:wink:

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
Appearently people don’t know the difference between saving something and prolonging it’s death. [/quote]

To whom are you referring?[/quote]

Oh sorry the democratic strategist commenting how obama saved the auto industry.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Racist ! LOL.[/quote]

I wouldn’t even care about any of this if that video didn’t show that one black guy.

:wink:

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
Appearently people don’t know the difference between saving something and prolonging it’s death. [/quote]

To whom are you referring?[/quote]

Oh sorry the democratic strategist commenting how obama saved the auto industry.

[/quote]

Democrat or republican I wanted to punch that guy. Even IF these bailouts do end up “saving” the auto industry, this is the type of inefficiency we ended up saving. I’ve no doubt this type of activity was going on long before the bail out.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704062804575510284149156888.html

The news station said it followed the same group of guys for 10 days… You mean, there are a few bad apples? Shocking, absolutely shocking. I’m in disbelief myself.

I’m less concerned with the chump change that the auto industry got in comparison to what Wall St received.

I’m surprised no one has attempted to defend the workers with some garbage about “Well, they’re just auto workers it’s not like they’re surgeons or something, and besides, those Wall Street guys all have martinis at lunch. What’s so different about this?”

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:

The news station said it followed the same group of guys for 10 days… You mean, there are a few bad apples?[/quote]

Are we talking about union employees or the mainstream media’s coverage of Tea party gatherings? Ziiing!

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704062804575510284149156888.html

The news station said it followed the same group of guys for 10 days… You mean, there are a few bad apples? Shocking, absolutely shocking. I’m in disbelief myself.

I’m less concerned with the chump change that the auto industry got in comparison to what Wall St received.[/quote]

These were the few bad apples that got caught on tape. If you think there aren’t huge inefficiencies throughout these companies you are extremely naive.

Do you know hard it is to NOT notice someone was smoking pot just a few minutes earlier? That means these guys go back to work smelling like booze and pot and the managers knowingly let it go. Doesn’t that make you wonder what else they turn a blind eye to?

Come on, man.

Dyslexia’d for editing.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704062804575510284149156888.html

The news station said it followed the same group of guys for 10 days… You mean, there are a few bad apples? Shocking, absolutely shocking. I’m in disbelief myself.

I’m less concerned with the chump change that the auto industry got in comparison to what Wall St received.[/quote]

These were the few bad apples that got caught on tape. If you think there huge aren’t inefficiencies throughout these companies you are extremely naive.

Do you know hard it is to NOT notice someone was smoking pot just a few minutes earlier? That means these guys go back to work smelling like booze and pot and the managers knowingly let it go. Doesn’t that make you wonder what else they turn a blind eye to?

Come on, man. [/quote]

But they are union. You can’t fire a union guy unless he kills another employ. It’s in the UAW’s CBA, you should know this.

Unions have become similar to the mob, or organized crime. They have bribed and paid off everyone at every level. Look at the city of Bell, California.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Unions have become similar to the mob, or organized crime.[/quote]

No, they are not similar. They are the same thing.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Inefficient companies do not deserve bailouts and this is proof.[/quote]

Lanky going LF Capitalism? What’s next? Ayn Rand?

To steal from the movie ‘Casablanca’: This time we’ll win.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Inefficient companies do not deserve bailouts and this is proof.[/quote]

Lanky going LF Capitalism? What’s next? Ayn Rand?

To steal from the movie ‘Casablanca’: This time we’ll win.
[/quote]

I actually like Ayn Rand, I shot you a PM about her a year or so ago and you never got back to me!

When my father retired he began making hot rod cars. It’s his way to relive his youth I think. I help him in his hobby. A few times we’ve joked that some of the hot rod cars we see must have been built by drunks. I guess maybe they were just Chrysler workers.