T Nation

This is The Average Man's Body

The average man looks like a menopausal woman.

Wonderful.

I wonder what Todd would look like if you omitted African-American and Hispanic males. Nearly %40 of AA males are obese (nearly %60 of females) and %31 of the Hispanic population in the US is obese.

To some degree, immigration is causing the US average to rise. (Not trying to turn this into an immigration debate).

I hate seeing that kind of stuff. It’s a realistic characterization, based on my experience in the Southwestern US.

I just got back from a short trip visiting family, going from San Diego to Tucson. Every stop along the way: fatties. Fat dads, fat moms, fat as fuck kids, it was horrible. Whites and Hispanics were the best, though. Super fat with fat kids.

What can be done?

What can be done? Parents can take matters into their own hands with their children and not go to mcdonalds and shit. Get rid of the dumbass computer games and give your kid a dirt bike. When someone is 300lbs, don’t take the politically correct high road and say nothing…point that shit out to your kid and say “look at that fat fucker”. Our culture has been turned away from reality in order to accept all people in all forms that we’ve made ourselves into a bunch of fat, overly sensitive, pussies. It all starts at home. Just my opinion…

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
I wonder what Todd would look like if you omitted African-American and Hispanic males. Nearly %40 of AA males are obese (nearly %60 of females) and %31 of the Hispanic population in the US is obese.

To some degree, immigration is causing the US average to rise. (Not trying to turn this into an immigration debate).[/quote]

Well, Todd from the Netherlands looks the best, even though the Netherlands has had its share of non-white immigration too, but not nearly as much as the US has.

Netherlands also has a higher average education level as a country and by many different measures a much better health care system…but hey we have guns…

The average man has moobs…at what point do they need to cover those things in public?

[quote]MrMuzik wrote:
What can be done?
[/quote]
Hopefully nothing. It makes me feel like a demigod.

Seeing this made me bust out 20 pushups, look up some new tattoos, and want to shop for much better underwear.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]MrMuzik wrote:
What can be done?
[/quote]
Hopefully nothing. It makes me feel like a demigod.[/quote]

haha!

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]MrMuzik wrote:
What can be done?
[/quote]
Hopefully nothing. It makes me feel like a demigod.[/quote]

haha, my thoughts exactly.

If anything, I want the average dude to get even worse

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Well, Todd from the Netherlands looks the best, even though the Netherlands has had its share of non-white immigration too, but not nearly as much as the US has. [/quote]

If nothing else, at least the radical Islamic Moroccan immigrants are thin.

[quote]pja wrote:
Netherlands also has a higher average education level as a country and by many different measures a much better health care system…but hey we have guns…
[/quote]

IMO it has more to do with other cultural factors (i.e. moderate food intake, frequent physical activity and a lack of interest in soda). The Dutch don’t do these things because of a higher level of education, national health care etc. Socially, overeating is considered rude, cycling is fun and black coffee is enjoyed more than soda.

Furthermore, in my experience, Dutch people tend to be very blunt and I expect they could be brutal fat-shamers. Also, if the “average” person looks like Dutch Todd, I expect there might be a tacit pressure to hold yourself to a higher standard.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]pja wrote:
[/quote]

IMO it has more to do with other cultural factors (i.e. moderate food intake, frequent physical activity and a lack of interest in soda). The Dutch don’t do these things because of a higher level of education, national health care etc. Socially, overeating is considered rude, cycling is fun and black coffee is enjoyed more than soda.

Furthermore, in my experience, Dutch people tend to be very blunt and I expect they could be brutal fat-shamers. Also, if the “average” person looks like Dutch Todd, I expect there might be a tacit pressure to hold yourself to a higher standard.[/quote]

Perhaps, but if you correlate, by state, obesity rates and education quality/levels in the US my guess would be they would highly (negatively) correlated.

I like being different.

[quote]pja wrote:
[/quote]

The USA is a racially diverse country, so “averages” like this are meaningless when compared to, say, Japan or the Netherlands.

At the least, it is bi-modal.

[quote]pja wrote:
Perhaps, but if you correlate, by state, obesity rates and education quality/levels in the US my guess would be they would highly (negatively) correlated.[/quote]

I would agree, but I think national origin would be a better variable than education.

Interesting that people are assuming a correlation between lower education and obesity.

I’ve met plenty of smart overweight people.

I’d say sedentary lifestyle + lower education + lack of care and/or just ignorance = lower than average body.

Edit. There is obv a correlation between lower education and obesity, my point was that I’m fucking tired of using that as an excuse. We spend billions of dollars to help fix fucking overweight people’s issues after the fact.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]pja wrote:
[/quote]

Furthermore, in my experience, Dutch people tend to be very blunt and I expect they could be brutal fat-shamers. Also, if the “average” person looks like Dutch Todd, I expect there might be a tacit pressure to hold yourself to a higher standard.[/quote]

I went to Holland years ago with a crew of buddies. One of them was pretty big and kind of soft. He wasn’t even fat, but the Dutch locals we were hanging with called him the Hamburgler the whole time. Poor guy took a ton of shit for being too big. He’s been on the thin side ever since that trip.

So yeah, bring your fat kids to Holland and get them a proper fat shaming.