T Nation

This is Lex

He’s a pit. He says hi.

He also says don’t fuck wit me.

I’m sure he didn’t say that! He, like a good dog, would first and foremost say “No one may fuck with my master”

His second rule would be not to let anyone fuck with him so long as it didn’t conflict with his doggy edict to be sweet and feisty whilst also protecting his master.

But yeah…he sure is nice. I just saw a cute female Pit Bull Terrier pup earlier today and she was gorgeous.

I love that look dogs give when you do something and they’re just like ‘‘Wtf is this guys problem’’

That’s my first pit.

I had a terrier before this and for some reason everyone asked if he was a pit until he grew up. I guess I just looked like I would have a pit. Cool thing is, this is the smartest dog I’ve had so far. He won’t shit in the house (at least not yet). I didn’t even have to roll up a newspaper. You just tell him no…so he doesn’t.

He wouldn’t be Lex without X.

Looks like a nice little fella!

Professor LeX

Does he even lift?

He does now.

I started him out on rag pulls.

was this photo taken in 1945 :wink:

feed him cheeseburgers… just kiddin, at least be sure to buy grain-free dog food…

What’s his last name?

Steele?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
…be sure to buy grain-free dog food…[/quote]

Oh, man! Good call!
Save your dog the potential allergy suffering, digestive issues, odd behavior.

Pits are great dogs. Really, really smart. Are you going try to see if he will get along with other dogs? If so try early and often. If he isn’t into it, there isn’t much you can do. He’s gonna be an ass beater who needs to be solo. My 2 dogs have been a boxer, who hated other dogs her whole life, and a pit who got along with every dog until the other pup started something. Then look out… Thats and awesome pup you got, great choice. Congrats

GREAT looking pup. Is he a purebred?

He’s back.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
…be sure to buy grain-free dog food…[/quote]

Oh, man! Good call!
Save your dog the potential allergy suffering, digestive issues, odd behavior.
[/quote]

and diabetes, heart disease or cancer

worth a watch for any pet owner http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aTWHxvjI_as

she also has a great vid on vaccinations based upon the current research for pets

[quote]therajraj wrote:
What’s his last name?

Steele?[/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Cool thing is, this is the smartest dog I’ve had so far.[/quote]
Congrats, man.

We just lost our pit in March, but she was the first one my gal or I had ever had and she was be far the smartest dog we’ve known. Previously, my girl had a black Lab and I’ve had a golden retriever, but the pit was definitely the sharpest and just seemed to understand an almost-freaky number of words/sentences/ideas. Such a goofball too. Enjoy.

Next step for you, a ferret named Jimmy Olsen.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
That’s my first pit.

I had a terrier before this and for some reason everyone asked if he was a pit until he grew up. I guess I just looked like I would have a pit. Cool thing is, this is the smartest dog I’ve had so far. He won’t shit in the house (at least not yet). I didn’t even have to roll up a newspaper. You just tell him no…so he doesn’t.[/quote]

My dog does this. If you also give him something to eat that will mess up the carpet, he will move it outside or go on the tiles to eat it. I shit you not.

Love pits, definitely my favorite breed. Lost my first one Christmas 05, while I was deployed. He was bred out of a fighting champ(did not know that until he was about 1 - sire’s owner left him with a friend while he was off island, and said friend bred him without permission), and loved kids. He was protective without being aggressive, almost took a guy’s hand off for touching my daughter(dude was a friend of a friend and was trying to play with her). Used to love catching water buffalo in Guam, no shit. Made a great catch dog, and I never trained him, just let him chase. Been almost 7 years since we lost him, and I still get a little misty when I think of him. Definitely my favorite dog ever.

Got off on a tangent, sorry.

Looks like you got a cute little guy there, You going to do the ears? I kind of like the look, but at the same time, pits are very expressive when they have their ears. We haven’t done either of ours, and don’t intend to in the future.