This Is for The Bulkers

counting during a bulk? nah man a bulk is your time to escape from the b.s. of counting cals and macros and replacing that dilema with eating massively.

i cant wait to get some money so i can order some protein and Metabolic Drive bars. those are gonna be helpful in school.

i really wish i had the money for another kind of aid though.

[quote]josh86 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
silverbullet wrote:
Who of you count calories, and who just eats? ATM I just eat as much clean food as I can (or as my budget allows)

But I keep thinking that if I counted then maybe I could improve even more, because my diet would be more accurate?

I just eat, I suppose after counting calories for years gone by I can guess more or less what range I am in.

If you are gaining weight, and not adding stupid amounts of fat (working to 1-1.5lbs a week), then you have no reason to be counting IMO - it becomes a meal to meal process rather than a daily total.

I too just eat - I’ve done the counting thing and it drives me crazy. I just watch the scale and tweak according to that, much simpler. [/quote]

Is there any other way to do it?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
josh86 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
silverbullet wrote:
Who of you count calories, and who just eats? ATM I just eat as much clean food as I can (or as my budget allows)

But I keep thinking that if I counted then maybe I could improve even more, because my diet would be more accurate?

I just eat, I suppose after counting calories for years gone by I can guess more or less what range I am in.

If you are gaining weight, and not adding stupid amounts of fat (working to 1-1.5lbs a week), then you have no reason to be counting IMO - it becomes a meal to meal process rather than a daily total.

I too just eat - I’ve done the counting thing and it drives me crazy. I just watch the scale and tweak according to that, much simpler.

Is there any other way to do it?[/quote]

You could find an online calculator which tells you how many calories to eat, measure every gram of macronutrients you take in and then get it down to an exact figure which will make you huge and ripped at the same time.

Or not.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Professor X wrote:
josh86 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
silverbullet wrote:

I too just eat - I’ve done the counting thing and it drives me crazy. I just watch the scale and tweak according to that, much simpler.

Is there any other way to do it?

You could find an online calculator which tells you how many calories to eat, measure every gram of macronutrients you take in and then get it down to an exact figure which will make you huge and ripped at the same time.

Or not.[/quote]

LMAO! You mean I can’t get huge and ripped abz at the same time?!!?! Fuck this then, so not worth it!

6’3, 221 pounds. Bulking. Heading to 260 for now, but may go closer to 280 before it is all said and done. Using WS4SB and getting stronger every week from up it. In about 6 weeks have gone from 203 lbs to 220. Onward and upward, as it were.

josh86 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
silverbullet wrote:

Is there any other way to do it?[/quote]

Yes. Since people tend to eat the same foods, keeping a calorie count should only take a week or two in your log. You can then simply refer back. Sure, if you want really high precision, you have to weigh everything, but counting the cals is not really a problem, once you have the data from the first couple of weeks.

i work at hungry jacks (burger king equivalent) and tend to eat lots of junk, ive been bulkin for a few weeks im 6’1", 16%BF, 76kgs, eating calorie surplus consisting of 4400 on workoutdays, 3600 on non-workout days…

but i have a question…

if i eat a diet with 3 litres of full fat milk but the rest of the diet contains clean foods like steak, whites, chicken, vegies, nuts, will i lose some of my bodyfat because, besides the fat milk, my diet is clean???

cos i aint def aint cutting, i wanna be huge…

another question…

if i eat clean till the end of next year, will i be able to keep my BF% to below 20%, realistically that is??

Im trying to bulk myself but my budget for food is kinda limited. I get cytogainer really cheap so I started taking that 2 weeks ago, just 1 serving a day and im up 10 pounds to 175. Im about 5’8. I got a long way to go but my budget is kinda killin me.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
Bulking here. Weight gain has stalled at 23 lbs overall, so I guess it’s time to bump calories. Have to wait till my trial of 11-T is over though before I up cals again

Why? Wouldn’t eating more maximize its effectiveness? (assuming you are not gaining now)[/quote]

I am sure it would, but then how could I attribute the gains to the supplement when adding in more calories would lead to gains anyways.

BTW-I find when I count calories it helps a lot. Now, by this I don’t mean I weigh and measure my food all day. I have some “core” meals that I eat everyday that I know the caloric value of. At least by tracking throughout the day it allows me to know if I need to cram in some extra calories in the last 2 meals before bed.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
Bulking here. Weight gain has stalled at 23 lbs overall, so I guess it’s time to bump calories. Have to wait till my trial of 11-T is over though before I up cals again

Why? Wouldn’t eating more maximize its effectiveness? (assuming you are not gaining now)

I am sure it would, but then how could I attribute the gains to the supplement when adding in more calories would leave to gains anyways.
[/quote]

No offense, genius, but that is the very same argument they used in the 60’s to “prove” steroids didn’t increase gains in muscle mass.

jehovasfitness wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

Why? Wouldn’t eating more maximize its effectiveness? (assuming you are not gaining now)

I am sure it would, but then how could I attribute the gains to the supplement when adding in more calories would leave to gains anyways.

No offense, genius, but that is the very same argument they used in the 60’s to “prove” steroids didn’t increase gains in muscle mass.
[/quote]

So, in your opinion I should up calories? just want to be clear

that being said, as I said in another thread, even if you’re near maintenance calories, assuming this product does what it’s supposed to do, then you wouldn’t need to be a in big caloric surplus to see gains.

bump/ on my questions above???

[quote]acelement wrote:
I love this thread.

35 lbs in 2.5 months. Planning to add another 10-15 in the next month or so.

Gotta keep ramping up those calories every 5 lbs or so…

and Jehovah - 11T, cmon now - are you serious?[/quote]

I been following your log for a while. Great progress man.

[quote]josh86 wrote:
ronaldo you should poke your head into the BOI thread…basically full of us posting our training sessions. I post all of mine in there.[/quote]

Thanks for the invite. Will probably start posting in there soon.

[quote]RobRayner wrote:
i work at hungry jacks (burger king equivalent) and tend to eat lots of junk, ive been bulkin for a few weeks im 6’1", 16%BF, 76kgs, eating calorie surplus consisting of 4400 on workoutdays, 3600 on non-workout days…

but i have a question…

if i eat a diet with 3 litres of full fat milk but the rest of the diet contains clean foods like steak, whites, chicken, vegies, nuts, will i lose some of my bodyfat because, besides the fat milk, my diet is clean???

cos i aint def aint cutting, i wanna be huge…

another question…

if i eat clean till the end of next year, will i be able to keep my BF% to below 20%, realistically that is??[/quote]

How ‘clean’ you eat actually has jack shit to do with the results you see. The important factors are STILL overall calories, protein intake and not eating a bunch of empty simple sugar calories.

People worrying about how “clean” they eat more than whether they are eating enough to grow is probably why there are so few people actually making any progress that would make someone say, “damn”.

Those are some BIG fellows.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Those are some BIG fellows.[/quote]

LOL, the guy in the middle is the one who is always eating clean and afraid to lose his abs :wink: :smiley:

jehovasfitness wrote:

[/quote]

Was thinking the same thing - if one was to take any AAS without ramping up calories as suggested I think the progress would be far from optimal regarding the help.

I think Bill and TC did say there are no instructions on the 11-T since people would use common sense (or something to that effect).

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Professor X wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

that being said, as I said in another thread, even if you’re near maintenance calories, assuming this product does what it’s supposed to do, then you wouldn’t need to be a in big caloric surplus to see gains.
[/quote]

Oooooh, goodie. A magic supplement.

That sure as hell beats the ones that don’t evade basic physics.

jehovasfitness wrote:
Professor X wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

Oooooh, goodie. A magic supplement.

That sure as hell beats the ones that don’t evade basic physics.[/quote]

LOL, well my mistake. I’ll start upping the calories then.

I just assumed since it targets cortisol’s effects on muscle tissue that even if you’re near or slightly above maintenance the added benefit of cortisol not interfering with muscle growth that it would show benefit.

Now, I know that upping the calories would probably enhance the effects, but I wanted to try it out and know that the supplement was responsible for the gains and not just simply upping the calories.
As I said, I’ll start upping the calories and we’ll see how the next week goes :smiley: