T Nation

This Is for The Bulkers

This is for the ones who’s main goal is to add as much muscle as possible during a bulk.

If you are gaining then welcome to a hopefully succesful thread. Here we can talk about our diet, training and even post inspirational pictures e.t.c…

A little bulk belly? who gives a fuck.

Great picture to start off with!

I’m really feeling like I need to settle in on a long stretch of 5 days per week training (1-2 bodyparts per day) and get some size back on my frame.

Maybe this thread will be good for me since I have training ADD and I need to set some goals.

Bulking here. Weight gain has stalled at 23 lbs overall, so I guess it’s time to bump calories. Have to wait till my trial of 11-T is over though before I up cals again

[quote]derek wrote:
Great picture to start off with!

I’m really feeling like I need to settle in on a long stretch of 5 days per week training (1-2 bodyparts per day) and get some size back on my frame.

Maybe this thread will be good for me since I have training ADD and I need to set some goals.[/quote]
Heck yea man. It’s time to get BIG.

BTW I hope you don’t mind me posting your picture as it is inspirational to me. You look solid brother…no homo.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

BTW I hope you don’t mind me posting your picture as it is inspirational to me. You look solid brother…no homo.

[/quote]

Nope, don’t mind at all! In fact I’m psyched someone liked it!

Bulking also, like you say ronaldo who gives a fuck about a bulk belly - anyone who wants to bulk up A LOT and maintain their abs is pretty mad in my opinion.

I’m not as big as I’d like to be from my bulk but 6 weeks in I’ve gained 7lbs and for my first attempt at bulking I’m real pleased.

Currently bulking, up from 182 where I started this time to 194 at last wednesday’s weigh in. Just switched back to a normal BB split style program today, was doing a push/pull split while I settled in with all my new home-gym equipment.

I’m in a transition right now, upping my calories. I bought the 150 Healthiest Foods book, and this year instead of eating everything infront of me I’m going to do it a lot cleaner.

Lots of veggies, lots of fish oil, beans (farts), meats, fish, nuts, eggs, ect…

This year, I’ll also know what a deadlift is from the very beginning. I don’t have the highest DL ever, but I’m at 365lbs now and my goal is to get to 450lbs by May, which should easily be done. I don’t know why, I seem to be able to add a bit of weight to my DL every week, I assume it will slow down eventually though.

6’4’’
228lbs

Goal by May, hit 260lbs
Gonna add fat, but then again. I don’t care. It will come off eventually.

Good to see the BULKERS.

Today I did some Dead-Lifts:

warm-up:

100x12
120x12
160x12

working-sets:

190x12
210x12
210x12
230x10
230x9
230x10

then I did some pull-overs, cable rows and some pull downs. good session but the only thing is that my grip needs to get stronger because I know I can dead-lift more but my grip just gives up.

BTW I’m 5’11" and around 170lbs. Goal is to gain until I’m happy with my weight. I started eating to gain this week and have been overdoing it a bit but will probably clean up a little as the days go by.

Happy bulking.

ronaldo you should poke your head into the BOI thread…basically full of us posting our training sessions. I post all of mine in there.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
This is for the ones who’s main goal is to add as much muscle as possible during a bulk.

If you are gaining then welcome to a hopefully succesful thread. Here we can talk about our diet, training and even post inspirational pictures e.t.c…

A little bulk belly? who gives a fuck.[/quote]

Here are some more pictures of Dave Gulledge: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/pictures_pics_photo_body_image_performance/all_powerlifters_are_fatties?id=699538&pageNo=0

I love this thread.

35 lbs in 2.5 months. Planning to add another 10-15 in the next month or so.

Gotta keep ramping up those calories every 5 lbs or so…

and Jehovah - 11T, cmon now - are you serious?

cool, i’ll chime in.

weighed 198 today, up from a very lean 174 at the beginning of summer, down from 202 last week (i didn’t get to eat much all weekend because i made a last-second boating trip on the lake and started drinking heavily, which made me sick as hell on sunday… stupid). yesterday’s back workout was a struggle and so was today’s (chest/calves), but i finished both.

anyway, currently doing between 3500 and 4000 calories. progress is slowing a bit, and once i go two or so weeks without much change in weight, i’ll add in a little more food with each meal.

I’m up to 211lbs yesterday, from about 190 a few months back. Finishing off a 2nd week of Mag10 so I’m really getting the calories down this week and next.

Who of you count calories, and who just eats? ATM I just eat as much clean food as I can (or as my budget allows)

But I keep thinking that if I counted then maybe I could improve even more, because my diet would be more accurate?

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
This is for the ones who’s main goal is to add as much muscle as possible during a bulk.

If you are gaining then welcome to a hopefully succesful thread. Here we can talk about our diet, training and even post inspirational pictures e.t.c…

A little bulk belly? who gives a fuck.[/quote]

I scanned the rest of the thread checking to see if you were gonna post his cut pics (to show that it only takes a good cut after a nice mass building phase to reveal all that you’ve worked for), which are fucking ridiculous.

I’m bulking right now. Granted my bf % has always been fairly high, but it hasn’t been to the point where people consider me fat, not at all. So I said fuck it, and made up my mind to gain as much weight as possible (while trying to limiit fat) and THEN go on a cut for maybe 4 months to drop INCHES off my waist. That’s pretty much the one thing that’s disconcerning right now, is my waist. I’d take dropping 3-4 inches off of that over seeing my abs any day, because then I could feel like I could continue bulking without my pants/suits being uncomfortable. Oh well!

I’m also starting DC (just did first workout monday, b1 goes today and i’m still real sore from mondays) and so i’m hoping this helps put on weight.
Pounding down the protein and doin mornin cardio on off days.

[quote]silverbullet wrote:
Who of you count calories, and who just eats? ATM I just eat as much clean food as I can (or as my budget allows)

But I keep thinking that if I counted then maybe I could improve even more, because my diet would be more accurate?[/quote]

I just eat, I suppose after counting calories for years gone by I can guess more or less what range I am in.

If you are gaining weight, and not adding stupid amounts of fat (working to 1-1.5lbs a week), then you have no reason to be counting IMO - it becomes a meal to meal process rather than a daily total.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Bulking here. Weight gain has stalled at 23 lbs overall, so I guess it’s time to bump calories. Have to wait till my trial of 11-T is over though before I up cals again[/quote]

Why? Wouldn’t eating more maximize its effectiveness? (assuming you are not gaining now)

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
silverbullet wrote:
Who of you count calories, and who just eats? ATM I just eat as much clean food as I can (or as my budget allows)

But I keep thinking that if I counted then maybe I could improve even more, because my diet would be more accurate?

I just eat, I suppose after counting calories for years gone by I can guess more or less what range I am in.

If you are gaining weight, and not adding stupid amounts of fat (working to 1-1.5lbs a week), then you have no reason to be counting IMO - it becomes a meal to meal process rather than a daily total.[/quote]

I too just eat - I’ve done the counting thing and it drives me crazy. I just watch the scale and tweak according to that, much simpler.