This is Eugene Teo. Ex-Bodybuilder, Coach, Educator & Problem Solver Who Specializes in Solving Your Training Related Problems. Ask Me Anything

Check the reply above this - but keep in mind your results will always vary. So if you find its helpful for you to eat something before bed, go for it. Particularly if it’s something that seems to be quite easy to digest and low on the volume scale

If your wrists are ‘tight’ chances are the connective structures haven’t been exposed to much resistance to cause them to adapt to become more pliable. You’d do the same thing you’d do for any other muscle in this context - start training the muscles around the area. Look up my forearm video on YouTube for exercises that I’d start with.

The no stretching method of flexiblity/mobilty is really quite simple - train every single muscle and joint through it’s largest range as possible and make sure you’re looking three-dimensionally, not just two-dimensionally. For example, the ankles aren’t just about dorsiflexion and plantar flexion. Inversion/Eversion need to be addressed too.

Take a look at my program Prep on Ganbaru as well, it heavily features many exercises and positions that help to ‘iron out’ all of the areas that people often overlook.

Most efficient way to increase grip strength for Deadlifts?

1 Like

Did you catch this recent video?

1 Like

I did not. Thanks!

Captain of Crusher Grippers all forever be the gold standard for increasing grip strength. I also like to do use Plate Pinches and work the extensors using a rubber band or specific resistance bands for extension as accessories - but they are often harder to scale over time

I got a couple questions if you don’t mind!

1. what’s the proper way to warmup? So many people have told me that one should do cardio, dynamic movements, foam rolling, etc. before lifting while others just say to start with a lighter weight of whatever movements you’re performing that day. As someone who has suffered from a shoulder injury for almost 5 years, I want to make sure I’m taking the right steps to be as injury free as possible but I used to do every type of warmup recommendation under the sun and I still ended up with an injury that’ll probably never completely go away.

2. I believe my injury came from doing too many push to pull exercises. I use to powerlift so a main focus was to obviously work on my bench - which meant a lot of pressing.
    Now I’m wanting to be smarter about the amount of push to pull exercises I do.
    What do you believe is a pretty good ratio to follow? Some have said 3 pull to 1 pushing… but then others have said that a ratio of 1:1 is fine.

Thank you!