This is an Impressive Physique

[quote]AssClown wrote:
belligerent wrote:
I don’t see the value in training with rings. There is nothing you can do physique wise with rings that you can’t do with a pullup bar and a dip station. The hype over ring training is nothing more than a result of admiration for the physiques of gymnasts, physiques which unfortunately have a genetic prerequisite. If you just want to play around with rings for the sheer hell of doing it that’s one thing, but you aren’t going to get bigger or stronger as a result.

Well it’s really because I want to be able to lift my body weight in those odd-ass ways. Lots of big, strong ass dudes can’t do that. Nothing against them, at all, in any way, but that shit looks fun.[/quote]

Show me a gymnast that is actually big (220+) and can do that shit…I’ve never seen one.

And why the hell would you even want to be able to lift your BW in those weird ass ways? I can’t even think of a single reason you would need to be able to do that…

[quote]Otep wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
JohnnyBlaze wrote:
Great physique. I think gymnasts have the perfect human body, jacked AND functional.

And all of 5’2". Good thing they are jacked considering most women tower over them.

LQTM.

I say this because I value your wit and banter in addition to your creative stories. I felt you should know you’re appreciated in other threads as well.[/quote]

It’s just that I don’t have anything otherwise intelligent to add to the discussion.

Gymnasts are some of the most chronically injured athletes ive had the pleasure of working with, chronic wrist problems, shoulder problems supraspinatus strain in particular and biceps tendonitis. In addition to knee injuries due to dismounts.

But yes he does have a good physique.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
I disagree.

Chad Waterbury wrote an article a while back talking about the benefits of hitting muscles from different angles. Hypertrophy was one of them.

The gymnast does not display a particularly impressive level of hypertrophy. Instead, he has extremely long muscle bellies that are naturally volumous, a particular skeletal structure, and a low body fat percentage. But if you put that guy on a generic bodybuilding program he would become far bigger and stronger than he is now.
[/quote]

If he was eating to gain weight doing the same stuff he’s been doing for the past X amount of years, he’d probably put on some size.

I’m not disagreeing with the fact put him on a BB specific workout, and he’ll add on significant more muscle… but we also have to take into account gymnasts aim to keep their bodyweight relatively light.

There is nothing you can do physique wise with rings that you can’t do with a pullup bar and a dip station.[/quote]

Iron Cross

[quote]Subliminal-Steve wrote:
belligerent wrote:
There is nothing you can do physique wise with rings that you can’t do with a pullup bar and a dip station.

Iron Cross[/quote]

You can do a one arm iron cross like a man.

can I? didn’t know that, I’m better than I thought

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
JohnnyBlaze wrote:
Great physique. I think gymnasts have the perfect human body, jacked AND functional.

And all of 5’2". Good thing they are jacked considering most women tower over them.
[/quote]

Are they really all that short? I thought there were men of normal height in gymnastics as well.

I don’t see why you’d buy rings. You’re not gonna be able to do one rep of what they do all day.

[quote]Artem wrote:
I don’t see why you’d buy rings. You’re not gonna be able to do one rep of what they do all day.[/quote]

obviously don’t know me.

But if you put that guy on a generic bodybuilding program he would become far bigger and stronger than he is now.

[/quote]

well im done with this thread you’re mildly retarded.

[quote]JohnnyBlaze wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
JohnnyBlaze wrote:

Are they really all that short? I thought there were men of normal height in gymnastics as well.[/quote]

I’m sure there are some guys that are tall(er), but they usually start so young and gymnastics will pretty much force you in to midgetom.

grabs Xen Nova and teep kicks him back to Combat Sports before he hurts someone

so whats everyone’s thoughts on shoulder stability and strength through range of motion???

[quote]JohnnyBlaze wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
JohnnyBlaze wrote:

Are they really all that short? I thought there were men of normal height in gymnastics as well.[/quote]

I think there’s one bigass gymnast who is competing, or atleast did recently. Freaking giant, must have been like 5’7 to 5’8.

I don’t see the value in training with rings. There is nothing you can do physique wise with rings that you can’t do with a pullup bar and a dip station. The hype over ring training is nothing more than a result of admiration for the physiques of gymnasts, physiques which unfortunately have a genetic prerequisite. If you just want to play around with rings for the sheer hell of doing it that’s one thing, but you aren’t going to get bigger or stronger as a result.[/quote]

How long have you worked out on rings?

[quote]josh86 wrote:
AssClown wrote:
belligerent wrote:
I don’t see the value in training with rings. There is nothing you can do physique wise with rings that you can’t do with a pullup bar and a dip station. The hype over ring training is nothing more than a result of admiration for the physiques of gymnasts, physiques which unfortunately have a genetic prerequisite. If you just want to play around with rings for the sheer hell of doing it that’s one thing, but you aren’t going to get bigger or stronger as a result.

Well it’s really because I want to be able to lift my body weight in those odd-ass ways. Lots of big, strong ass dudes can’t do that. Nothing against them, at all, in any way, but that shit looks fun.

Show me a gymnast that is actually big (220+) and can do that shit…I’ve never seen one.

And why the hell would you even want to be able to lift your BW in those weird ass ways? I can’t even think of a single reason you would need to be able to do that…[/quote]

Since when does being “big” have to do with weight? The upper body on that guy in the video is definitely “big”. I guess there is a height requirement?

As for your question about why you might want to be able to do that - maybe because its fun? Or maybe because it carries over into another sport - e.g. rock climbing?

No, he’s not big…he’s lean and is trained to do gymnastics very well. That’s it. If all your going for is the physique, there are much better ways to achieve that. If you want to be able to do gymnastics, then train for it like he does.

Things like weighted ring dips are just a level above those of the bar variety. I’ll never go back to the bars.

The separation in his chest at about 1 min when he’s on the rings is pretty friggin sick