T Nation

This is a T-Man!!!

You know when I am attacked by a Leopard I usually curl up into the fetal position.

This guy is hardcore!

Kenyan grandfather, 73, kills leopard with hands
23/06/2005 21:31

NAIROBI (Reuters) - A 73-year-old Kenyan grandfather reached into the mouth of an attacking leopard and tore out its tongue to kill it, authorities said on Wednesday.

Peasant farmer Daniel M?Mburugu was tending to his potato and bean crops in a rural area near Mount Kenya when the leopard charged out of the long grass and leapt on him.

M?Mburugu had a machete in one hand but dropped that to thrust his fist down the leopard?s mouth. He gradually managed to pull out the animal?s tongue, leaving it in its death-throes.

"It let out a blood-curdling snarl that made the birds stop chirping," he told the daily Standard newspaper of how the leopard came at him and knocked him over.

The leopard sank its teeth into the farmer?s wrist and mauled him with its claws. "A voice, which must have come from God, whispered to me to drop the panga (machete) and thrust my hand in its wide open mouth. I obeyed," M?Mburugu said.

Just proves what someone can accomplish when the outcome is life or death and you really WANT to live...

That is a very bad man.

I can only hope I have those kinds of balls to kick ass like that when I'm attacked by a leopard...oh, wait...I'm never around leopards....

How about a BEAR??

When in territory where you feel like a bear attack is a possibilty, always have a slower fat friend with you. Thay way you don't have to outrun the bear, just the friend.

I remember a few years ago a young guy was riding his bike down a mountain path not far from here, and was jumped by a cougar. He was a former high school wrestler and used his instincts to twist around and get the cougar in a headlock. The cougar freaked out, having never encounter prey who had done this before, and ran off. They say the kid's reactions saved his life.

Pretty wild stuff.

Man, I wish God would tell me things that cool. Or, you know, anything.

I just browbeat an un cooperative bank teller into submission. Ha!

Every time I've stuck my hand down a leopard's mouth, I get an infection.

Absolutely hilarious!!

Read "Death in the Long Grass" by Capstick.

He spent half his life in Africa hunting wild animals.

Best way to hunt small cats is with a shot gun. You'll never see them 'til you're real close. He would put a heavy leather collar around his neck before he went into the bush after a cat.

I saw his name on the ironmind site listed as being the oldest man in the world to close a captains of crush #4 gripper.

A true example of not buying into the panic. Amazing.

That is one freaking awesome dude.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ate the tongue as a post-workout snack.

Gotta love a guy that instead of just lopping the thing's head off with the machete thinks.."fuck you kitty!" and rips the cat's tongue out!

No shit! lol

I wonder where he got the wheel barrel to tow those set of balls he has to drag around everywhere.

Why would ripping something's tongue out kill it? Loss of blood?

That would be my guess. This mother might have pulled the throat out with it.