This Happen to Anyone Else?

Ok so this morning I was injecting my usual dose of IGF-1 into my calf as I rotate between delts, tris, and calves, but when I pulled the needle back some blood came out.

When I aspirated there wasn’t any blood so I wasn’t too worried as it was only a drop or 2 of blood.

Now 4hrs later my calf feels like its insanely pumped and the injection site is a little sore. I’m not too terribly worried about anything as it does not hurt, but none the less it’s a little difficult to walk around with 1 calf feeling pumped/pulled.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what’s up with my muscle as this is my third week on and have never had this problem.

I had it happen to me a couple of weeks ago in my quad. Its no big deal, you’ll have a bruise for a couple of days and I would refrain from injecting into that muscle until you feel its fully healed.

Gotcha, any idea what caused it?

The muscle is starting to loosen up again so it looks like by the time I lift today it will be feeling fine. I just thought it was odd and was wondering what caused it.

I tried something absolutely disastrous with a regular IM. It probably won’t carry over to a sub-q, but here it is…

I tried moving the skin by pinching it a bit before sticking it in. Then when I let the skin go the pin went to about a 45degree angle and the pain was intense. I said ‘fuck it’ and went ahead and injected even though it was too shallow. It’s been painful for over two weeks. I thought it might have been abscess but there is no more discoloration and the pain is almost gone today. Shit happens I guess.

[quote]Diana Bolann wrote:
I tried something absolutely disastrous with a regular IM. It probably won’t carry over to a sub-q, but here it is…

I tried moving the skin by pinching it a bit before sticking it in. Then when I let the skin go the pin went to about a 45degree angle and the pain was intense. I said ‘fuck it’ and went ahead and injected even though it was too shallow. It’s been painful for over two weeks. I thought it might have been abscess but there is no more discoloration and the pain is almost gone today. Shit happens I guess.[/quote]

I think you were trying to do a Z injection, but you are supposed to let go of the skin AFTER you inject and remove the needle. That is actually the preferred method of IM injections as it speeds up the healing.

I too am doing IM, but since I am using a slin needle I stick to the smaller muscles as I mentioned before.

Haha I’m not sure what I did as there is no bruise, just feels like I pulled it.

Yea, I had heard that it’s ok to do, but when I did it I had to let go in order to aspirate. That shit hurt!

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Gotcha, any idea what caused it?

The muscle is starting to loosen up again so it looks like by the time I lift today it will be feeling fine. I just thought it was odd and was wondering what caused it.[/quote]

Not really, I just know that sometimes it happens to me…Does not really hurt or anything, just alittle sore. Just finished an injection last night and when I removed the needle, blood squarted out again. This is the second time its happend to me now and it doesnt feel any different if I bleed or not. It’s possible I could have hit a small blood vessel, thats all I can think of.

But I would say your all right. Just remember to always pull back before you inject to see if there is any blood first, if not then your golden