T Nation

This Guy is Cool

I would take a guess and say this guy is bigger and stronger than 90% of posters on t nation.

[quote]StephenD wrote:
I would take a guess and say this guy is bigger and stronger than 90% of posters on t nation.
[/quote]

I would agree. The dude lifts like a beast too. All his squats are obviously below parallel and he has 315 on the bar making it look easy.

I would also say that his size/strength relationship prob doesn’t have to do with him eating like a girl. If he wasn’t eating to grow, the guy would still be squatting 225. I know I don’t get any stronger if I don’t eat.

Tom Platz 500x23

[quote]SSC wrote:
Other than his 20-rep squat at 365, I’m going to have to agree. I mean, yes, the guy’s stronger than the average guy, but he’s definitely not anything two or three years of hard work can’t accomplish.
[/quote]

Are you kidding or just delusional? Maybe you’re one of those genetically gifted lucky mofo (btw post your pics…) but I assure you for most of us “average Joe” you know, it takes 5 to 10 years to achieve that level of strength, leaness and muscular development drug free.

[quote]Berserkergang wrote:
SSC wrote:
Other than his 20-rep squat at 365, I’m going to have to agree. I mean, yes, the guy’s stronger than the average guy, but he’s definitely not anything two or three years of hard work can’t accomplish.

Are you kidding or just delusional? Maybe you’re one of those genetically gifted lucky mofo (btw post your pics…) but I assure you for most of us “average Joe” you know, it takes 5 to 10 years to achieve that level of strength, leaness and muscular development drug free.
[/quote]

He is both kidding and delusional probably. Presumanly SSC after two or three years of hard work you reached or exceeded this level? Whats that… crickets chirping?

I don’t see nothing bad about this

Not everyone wants to be huge. Regardless if he hasn’t improved much over the last few years, he has still accomplished more then what the majority of people who lift do.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
That’s pretty cool, but I don’t know how anyone can focus on lifting while Cookie Monster is screaming in the background.

[/quote]

Well said! That’s a great way to describe that kind of singing in the overly heavy Heavy Metal. I’m gonna steal that!

[quote]StephenD wrote:
[/quote]

i wouldnt.

for one, im physically bigger than this guy and 2 i can out deadlift him. but i dont do backsquats so who knows. i wouldnt say im stronger than 90% of people on this site either. theres a bunch of people who only post in select threads that would mangle this guy, theres like everyone from strength sports too. just sayin, this guy isnt as godly as you think and T-Nation as a whole isnt as weak as you think.

but anytime anyone who can do 5 pushups comes up whether its an actor or this guy someone yells out “well, hes stronger than 90% of T-Nation”. if i firmly believed that was true, id stop posting here.

maybe if you include the losers from SAMA, GAL and even Combat Sports then yea maybe he’s stronger than those people in there. but he isnt stronger than most people who actually come to this site who want to get bigger and stronger.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
StephenD wrote:

i wouldnt.

for one, im physically bigger than this guy and 2 i can out deadlift him. but i dont do backsquats so who knows. i wouldnt say im stronger than 90% of people on this site either. theres a bunch of people who only post in select threads that would mangle this guy, theres like everyone from strength sports too. just sayin, this guy isnt as godly as you think and T-Nation as a whole isnt as weak as you think.

but anytime anyone who can do 5 pushups comes up whether its an actor or this guy someone yells out “well, hes stronger than 90% of T-Nation”. if i firmly believed that was true, id stop posting here.

maybe if you include the losers from SAMA, GAL and even Combat Sports then yea maybe he’s stronger than those people in there. but he isnt stronger than most people who actually come to this site who want to get bigger and stronger.[/quote]

There’s no way of knowing where this guy falls relative to all T-Nation members, but I would wager that he’d be in the top 10% as far as strength (for reps)…at a bodyweight of 190+ and what appears to be sub 10% bodyfat.

As far as your physique compared to his, I can’t imagine ANYONE preferring yours to his, except you may be taller. I suspect he’s a few inches shorter than you, but is leaner and has more muscle mass. That’s just based on his videos and your profile pics though. He has a posing video and his back is 2x as good as yours.

Anyways, I’m not sure what your deal is, but no one is saying he is “godly” or anything. I stated my reasons for posting it in the OP. I never said his physique was mindblowing or that he was stage ready. He is training for his own goals and is doing is own thing.

You’d think “bodybuilding’s underground” could appreciate some no-name guy pounding away in his garage with homemade equipment squatting 355 for 20 reps. I think most people who have chimed in do.

The key here is that he has his own goals and is doing his own thing, but going at it like an animal. I’m not about to copy his training split/program, or listen to old school Rush wile I train, or take up cycling to work, but there is something of value there.

Could he eat more, train more frequently and be “bigger”. Maybe. Could he be way off by training his calves every other week for 3 sets of standing calf raises to failure? I would say definitely. But guess what, he appears to have much better calves than me, so I’m not talking shit.

The point is that he’s busting his ass and, as has been said 1000000 times, that is worth more than all of the programs, etc.

His ponytail >>>>>>>> your Debbie Gibson sunglasses.

Him squatting >>>>>>> you not back squatting

Oh, and I’m looking forward to your 335x20 stiff leg dead video along with your 150 x 20 one arm DB row video.

I’m not trying to get into a pissing match here, but the thread would be a lot more interesting if you simply provided training information or useful discussion. I’m not telling you what to find “impressive” nor do I give a shit what/who you respect, but carpetbombing threads with your snide comments don’t help the forums.

[quote]trextacy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
StephenD wrote:

i wouldnt.

maybe if you include the losers from SAMA, GAL and even Combat Sports then yea maybe he’s stronger than those people in there. but he isnt stronger than most people who actually come to this site who want to get bigger and stronger.

There’s no way of knowing where this guy falls relative to all T-Nation members, but I would wager that he’d be in the top 10% as far as strength (for reps)…at a bodyweight of 190+ and what appears to be sub 10% bodyfat.

As far as your physique compared to his, I can’t imagine ANYONE preferring yours to his, except you may be taller. I suspect he’s a few inches shorter than you, but is leaner and has more muscle mass. That’s just based on his videos and your profile pics though. He has a posing video and his back is 2x as good as yours.

Anyways, I’m not sure what your deal is, but no one is saying he is “godly” or anything. I stated my reasons for posting it in the OP. I never said his physique was mindblowing or that he was stage ready. He is training for his own goals and is doing is own thing.

You’d think “bodybuilding’s underground” could appreciate some no-name guy pounding away in his garage with homemade equipment squatting 355 for 20 reps. I think most people who have chimed in do.

The key here is that he has his own goals and is doing his own thing, but going at it like an animal. I’m not about to copy his training split/program, or listen to old school Rush wile I train, or take up cycling to work, but there is something of value there.

Could he eat more, train more frequently and be “bigger”. Maybe. Could he be way off by training his calves every other week for 3 sets of standing calf raises to failure? I would say definitely. But guess what, he appears to have much better calves than me, so I’m not talking shit.

The point is that he’s busting his ass and, as has been said 1000000 times, that is worth more than all of the programs, etc.

Oh, and I’m looking forward to your 335x20 stiff leg dead video along with your 150 x 20 one arm DB row video.

I’m not trying to get into a pissing match here, but the thread would be a lot more interesting if you simply provided training information or useful discussion. I’m not telling you what to find “impressive” nor do I give a shit what/who you respect, but carpetbombing threads with your snide comments don’t help the forums.
[/quote]

Well said.
You’ve been pwned, Live!

[quote]JamFly wrote:
Berserkergang wrote:
SSC wrote:

He is both kidding and delusional probably. Presumanly SSC after two or three years of hard work you reached or exceeded this level? Whats that… crickets chirping?[/quote]

what the hell after only a year of training i’m deadlifting 500lbs and squatting 400 I really don’t see what is so remarkable. Maybe you ‘average joes’ should eat a bit more?

That sure is some nice squatting for a guy his size!

Gonna watch those other vids just now…

[quote]trextacy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
StephenD wrote:

i wouldnt.

[/quote]

yeah, his back is bigger than mine but i can out deadlift him, that makes sense. that pic of my back is from almost a year ago buddy.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Well said.
You’ve been pwned, Live!

[/quote]

why dont you post your numbers up too then chump?

…tell me why everybody w/ a bad haircut is on this dudes jock

[quote]Alex-L wrote:
JamFly wrote:
Berserkergang wrote:
SSC wrote:

He is both kidding and delusional probably. Presumanly SSC after two or three years of hard work you reached or exceeded this level? Whats that… crickets chirping?

what the hell after only a year of training i’m deadlifting 500lbs and squatting 400 I really don’t see what is so remarkable. Maybe you ‘average joes’ should eat a bit more?
[/quote]

How much do you weigh? What sort of rep ranges are we talking about? How fat are you? What are your goals? Pics + vids will help. Thanks in advance.

To be clear- I’m not saying this guy is the strongest or best looking guy around…just sharing some vids about a fellow lifter who trains hard an intensly according to his own rules.

he has a nice body, dedication and even creative capacity to make his own facility with nice peaces of equipment

Being in him I would focus on keeping his shoulder blades adducted, because it looks like his romboids and mid lower traps are weaker than his pecs…
or he would not show the open lats in a relaxed pose

Iron Dwarf wrote:

Well said.
You’ve been pwned, Live!

…tell me why everybody w/ a bad haircut is on this dudes jock[/quote]

Dude that was over a year ago. You havn’t seen my new haircut…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M

[quote]Alex-L wrote:
JamFly wrote:
Berserkergang wrote:
SSC wrote:

[/quote]

After one year? That is pretty remarkable.

Iron Dwarf wrote:

Well said.
You’ve been pwned, Live!

…tell me why everybody w/ a bad haircut is on this dudes jock[/quote]

Why don’t you get the fuck out of the thread? We got it, you are twice the man, even though you look like shit, have the fashion sense of a colorblind Liberace and the personality of someone who is too insecure to acknowledge anyone else’s achievements.

Serious question- do you REALLY think you are (or look like) a “bodybuilder” (using your definition of the word)?

This is simple- you made your point on the first page…I responded by saying that it was cool if you didn’t get anything out of the thread. No one is forcing you to click on the thread so you can continue padding your post-count. GTFO.

Or, you can come back with your stiff leg DL video with doing 400+ lbs for 20 reps with an overhand grip and no straps.

[quote]stefanogym wrote:
he has a nice body, dedication and even creative capacity to make his own facility with nice peaces of equipment

Being in him I would focus on keeping his shoulder blades adducted, because it looks like his romboids and mid lower traps are weaker than his pecs…
or he would not show the open lats in a relaxed pose[/quote]

What do you mean keeping his shoulder blades adducted-- during pressing movements? I’m not sure I’m following what you are saying.

[quote]trextacy wrote:
Alex-L wrote:
JamFly wrote:
Berserkergang wrote:
SSC wrote:

How much do you weigh? What sort of rep ranges are we talking about? How fat are you? What are your goals? Pics + vids will help. Thanks in advance.

To be clear- I’m not saying this guy is the strongest or best looking guy around…just sharing some vids about a fellow lifter who trains hard an intensly according to his own rules.[/quote]

I weigh 212lbs and we are talking about 1 rep maxes
i’m not really very fat (34.5 inch waist)