This ever Happened to Anyone Before?

Ok, so im running a very simple, straight Test E cycle and today when i was ready to inject I barely even got the tip of my needle in before I got a ridiculously sharp pain on my skin that made me stop the injection. Im using an 1.5" 22G needle, injecting on my glute.

I followed proper procedure as far as cleaning the site and hands, warming up the syringe and insertion at the right angle. I just want to know what you guys think this could possibly be? any input is appreciated

It’s called being a little bitch

=) Man up

Was this your first injection attempt? Most pain is felt just as the needle moves through the outermost layer of skin. After that there is virtually no pain at all.

I would use a 25G to inject. Use a 21 or 22G to draw and change immediatley (after drawing the oil out from the 21 or 22G needle into the barrel) to a 25G for most painless injection. Never use a needle already dulled from piercing the rubber top of your vial.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
It’s called being a little bitch

[/quote]

I actually lolled!

Yeah dude it happens, just move your injection site a tiny bit left or right swap your needle and re swab the area and you’ll be fine.

[quote]AKBoxer wrote:
Yeah dude it happens, just move your injection site a tiny bit left or right swap your needle and re swab the area and you’ll be fine.[/quote]

You don’t even need to swap the needle or swab again (apparently swabbing with alcohol doesn’t really do anything in the first place, for that matter). The needle won’t get that dull just entering the skin one time. Just move half an inch over and stick it back in.

Throughout the entirety of my first cycle I drew and injected with the same 23g needle. Never had any problems. The only difference I note between swapping needles after drawing and using the same one is that the latter tends to “catch” a bit more going in,

Whereas the former slides in very smoothly (especially if you push the tiniest bit of oil out of the tip before injecting). I notice no difference in pain from either.

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
Was this your first injection attempt? Most pain is felt just as the needle moves through the outermost layer of skin. After that there is virtually no pain at all.

I would use a 25G to inject. Use a 21 or 22G to draw and change immediatley (after drawing the oil out from the 21 or 22G needle into the barrel) to a 25G for most painless injection. Never use a needle already dulled from piercing the rubber top of your vial.[/quote]

lol no ive done many injections before and ive never felt that sharp a pain. so you think i should switch to 25G? ive always used 22G before and never had this problem. And I dont reuse needles that I use to draw, its always fresh

[quote]scottyking777 wrote:
Dynamo Hum wrote:
Was this your first injection attempt? Most pain is felt just as the needle moves through the outermost layer of skin. After that there is virtually no pain at all. I would use a 25G to inject.

Use a 21 or 22G to draw and change immediatley (after drawing the oil out from the 21 or 22G needle into the barrel) to a 25G for most painless injection. Never use a needle already dulled from piercing the rubber top of your vial.

lol no ive done many injections before and ive never felt that sharp a pain. so you think i should switch to 25G? ive always used 22G before and never had this problem. And I dont reuse needles that I use to draw, its always fresh

[/quote]

I personally HATE 25g and will never use them again. Way too damned hard to push the oil through and absolutely no difference in pain compared to a 23.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
scottyking777 wrote:
Dynamo Hum wrote:

I would use a 25G to inject. Use a 21 or 22G to draw and change immediatley (after drawing the oil out from the 21 or 22G needle into the barrel) to a 25G for most painless injection. Never use a needle already dulled from piercing the rubber top of your vial.

I personally HATE 25g and will never use them again. Way too damned hard to push the oil through and absolutely no difference in pain compared to a 23. [/quote]

yea, thats why ive always used a 22G because it makes for a really smooth injection once its in. I’ll get a set of 23G tomorrow, thanks guys. And ill move my injection site over

[quote]Cortes wrote:
AKBoxer wrote:
Yeah dude it happens, just move your injection site a tiny bit left or right swap your needle and re swab the area and you’ll be fine.

You don’t even need to swap the needle or swab again (apparently swabbing with alcohol doesn’t really do anything in the first place, for that matter). The needle won’t get that dull just entering the skin one time. Just move half an inch over and stick it back in.

Throughout the entirety of my first cycle I drew and injected with the same 23g needle. Never had any problems. The only difference I note between swapping needles after drawing and using the same one is that the latter tends to “catch” a bit more going in,

Whereas the former slides in very smoothly (especially if you push the tiniest bit of oil out of the tip before injecting). I notice no difference in pain from either.[/quote]

Lubing the needle with some of the oil is a great tip. I do that and it makes a noticeble difference.

I’ve had this happen on occasion when injecting B12.

Just move the needle over and try again.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

I personally HATE 25g and will never use them again. Way too damned hard to push the oil through and absolutely no difference in pain compared to a 23. [/quote]

I have a good supply of 25g pins that are going to collect a lot of dust on them for this very same reason; just takes way too long, for me, to push the oil through a 25. Plus I find that I end up moving the pin around a bit trying to force the oil through.

23s work fine for me for drawing and injecting.

[quote]Photo Guy wrote:
Cortes wrote:

I personally HATE 25g and will never use them again. Way too damned hard to push the oil through and absolutely no difference in pain compared to a 23.

I have a good supply of 25g pins that are going to collect a lot of dust on them for this very same reason; just takes way too long, for me, to push the oil through a 25. Plus I find that I end up moving the pin around a bit trying to force the oil through.

23s work fine for me for drawing and injecting.[/quote]

My hand shakes like Michael J. Fox on a coke binge.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Photo Guy wrote:
Cortes wrote:

My hand shakes like Michael J. Fox on a coke binge.[/quote]

lol mine does too, but once im in i steady up

[quote]scottyking777 wrote:
Cortes wrote:
Photo Guy wrote:
Cortes wrote:

My hand shakes like Michael J. Fox on a coke binge.

lol mine does too, but once im in i steady up
[/quote]

Sorry. I meant when trying to push the oil through a 25g.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

My hand shakes like Michael J. Fox on a coke binge.[/quote]

That’s funny! Great description though :o)

Could be a nerve or folicle or whatever, happens all the time. I don’t find 25’s to be that bad and in fact a couple days ago I tried drawing and injecting prop with an insulin syringe. It took a couple minutes to draw, not bad and the inject was not long at all, pretty cool.

Might have just hit something. I’ve had it happen a few times before. Try a smaller gauge to start, 25g are my choice. and If it hurts, pull out, re-swab and movea little bit left or right and you should be fine.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

You don’t even need to swap the needle or swab again (apparently swabbing with alcohol doesn’t really do anything in the first place, for that matter).[/quote]

With utmost respect cortes, it does do something. It cleans the area decently - it just doesnt sterilise things…

As for the OP, it is common - i always suspected it was due to hitting a nerve pathway directly giving the hypersensitivity.
I also find that it only ever happens on my glute and quads.

Do as cortes suggested, stick it in 1/2 an inch away. Do it faster and MAN UP. ffs.

Brook

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.