This DaVinci Code Gone Too Far

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
Also, the DaVinci Code is a crock of shit. (pardon the language, it is just an expression)
[/quote]

AMEN.

It had better be legit since I just bought a copy. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Actually, I will just post some pics in a couple of weeks when I have added 50lbs of LBM.

[quote]yorik wrote:
First off, there is nothing “sacred” about these numbers. I don’t know where he came up with that. It’s just a mathematical construct that a guy named Fibonacci came up with.

Secondly, he doesn’t say how to use them. Set/reps? Weights?

Thirdly, does it only work with pounds? I guess it won’t work with metrics units, huh?

Yep, crock o’shit.[/quote]

They’re not “sacred,” but they are special, in the same way (but to a MUCH lesser extent) that the number e is special as it occurs in nature and other applications.

They’re not just “some numbers in a structure that a guy named Fibonacci came up with.”

just an observation, but isn’t it a bit odd that the article skips 0 and the first 1 of the sequence? i.e.

1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, ad infinitum.
it’s normally written

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, ad infinitum.
I’m pretty sure it would throw off the balance of the universe if you skipped the zero and the first 1. On the other hand, I can’t help but find myself curious about the concept. The fibonacci sequence does seem to show up damn near everywhere in nature, art, math, science, you name it. Perhaps this fool has stumbled on to something great in the hopes of making a quick buck. Or maybe not.

|
|
||
|||
|||||
||||||||
|||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
(looks kinda like a pyramid scheme to me;))

[quote]pookie wrote:
jtrinsey wrote:
I actually got to give this guy props. I wish I thought of this scam first!

Plenty of opportunities left:

Prime number training. (2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13…) Popularize the 11x3 method. Add “PlateMates” to ensure you’re benching 227, not 225. The body responds better to these numbers.

Digits of Pi training. (3.1415926535897…) Warm up by walking in circles. Split up everything in “rounds.” Use circular arguments. Sell protein pies as supplements.

Happy number training. (1, 7, 10, 13, 19, 23, 28, 31…) Supplement with Happy Meals. Always smile. Don’t worry, be happy.

Golden Ratio training (make sure the ratio 1.618 comes up often in your program) 5 sets of 8 = 1.6 (8/5)… close enough. Do some cross-promotion with Gold’s Gyms in your area. Say that the Greeks used it everywhere, etc.

[/quote]
Actually, the Golden Ratio pops out of the Fibonacci Sequence. The ratio of a term in the squence to its preceding term (ex. 8/5) converges to the Golden Ratio.