This Cow is Ripped!

Damn now that is a big cow.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:
Unfortunately it doesn’t work well in humans.

GDF-8 inhibitors(so far) have not yielded good results in human trials.
It seems synthesis of “new” skeletal muscle is very limited by the availability of free SM satellite cells.

So…

unless you’re born with a homozygous(both copies) mutation of the GDF-8(myostatin) gene you’re probably not going to have the natural capacity to develop much more skeletal muscle for any extended period of time.

There are two documented cases of homozygous mutation of GDF-8 in humans that i’m aware of.
There are probably numerous human cases of heterozygous mutations(probably more favorable anyway).

To summarize my point…

Being born with this condition may provide for the long term adaptation of biological resources required to build a naturally massive physique…
Using a drug later in life will probably only yield long-term benefits for those suffering from certain muscular dystrophies(maybe not even this), not general population bodybuilders.

However, since the trials weren’t done on general population or on those with optimized nutrition and training, I could be completely wrong.
In that case, there’s already such a drug and steroids should only boost and compound results.

Too early to tell.
It could also be killed due to idiotic testing protocols(not using optimal nutrition and training for test subjects) and we may never know.

Toohuman[/quote]

I keep checking up on that German kid who has the genetic mutation of being myostatin deficient…lucky bastard! They already say he is massive compared to other kids his age, and they were saying that when he was a toddler.

I read in popular science that 1-2 injections of the enyzme blocker is enough to yield a permanent increase of 15-20% LBM or something close to that. I want that drug!!!

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I keep checking up on that German kid who has the genetic mutation of being myostatin deficient…lucky bastard! They already say he is massive compared to other kids his age, and they were saying that when he was a toddler.

I read in popular science that 1-2 injections of the enyzme blocker is enough to yield a permanent increase of 15-20% LBM or something close to that. I want that drug!!![/quote]

Is that the same kid who was able to do the iron cross and other extreme bodyweight lifts when he was a toddler?

Man, it would be insane to be able to do that. I wonder if he is going to pursue lifting, or not due to it not really being challenging…

I am going to eat that cow within the next year. I’ll bet it has a shit ton of protein!

[quote]Enray wrote:
I am going to eat that cow within the next year. I’ll bet it has a shit ton of protein![/quote]

Wait until there are more then one. We need a constant supply of super cow protein.

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
Enray wrote:
I am going to eat that cow within the next year. I’ll bet it has a shit ton of protein!

Wait until there are more then one. We need a constant supply of super cow protein.[/quote]

There are plenty of them, look up “belgian blue” or “piedmontese.”

We had one. Ate it. Delicious. And a boatload of meat too.

But one Belgian Blue costs you an arm and a leg.