This Cow is Ripped!

http://www.acceleronpharma.com/content/products/ace-031.jsp

Belgian Blue breed of cattle

Nice. I’m not sure if it’s the same one or not, but I know that there was a cow quite similar on Bigger, Faster, Stronger.

I’ll have what he’s having.

That company is trying to develop a myostatin suppressing drug. The cow has that naturally. It doesn’t even look like it has skin, just muscle.

I want that drug.

But how fast can he run a 40m sprint?

But is he functional?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
But how fast can he run a 40m sprint?[/quote]

I think this cow just pulls a chuck norris and tells the earth to back up 40m for it. Now.

That cow was definately in Bigger, Faster Stronger. Is there anyway to stop this once you get to a point, or will it continue until you are extremly muscular. (hooyge)

[quote]elano wrote:
[/quote]

Steak.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
elano wrote:

Steak.[/quote]

CANNIBALISM, that’s the key!

It’s going to be crazy when this drug hits the black market and bodybuilders get their hands on it. I keep laughing at everyone who says the age of the mass monsters has ended ever since I read about this a year or so ago.

It hasn’t even begun. . .

There’s a rancher with Belgians 30 miles from here. Got a half cow, ate it. Repeat.

SB

[quote]spatchcock bob wrote:
There’s a rancher with Belgians 30 miles from here. Got a half cow, ate it. Repeat.

SB[/quote]

How’s the quality of the meat?

We got a half Belgian bred with ? It was supposed to be lean. Maybe 80% on the ground beef. Flavor was good. We got buffalo next time. We prefer buffalo.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
It’s going to be crazy when this drug hits the black market and bodybuilders get their hands on it. I keep laughing at everyone who says the age of the mass monsters has ended ever since I read about this a year or so ago.

It hasn’t even begun. . .[/quote]

My god…

If a cow can get huge from standing around eating grass all day, when this is released people might just be able to take it and sit on their asses and get huge. That would suck.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
If a cow can get huge from standing around eating grass all day, when this is released people might just be able to take it and sit on their asses and get huge. That would suck.[/quote]

I agree, I pray such a drug is never developed.

It’s not a drug. The cow was genetically engineered. Like, they went inside it’s DNA and either cut out or altered it’s myostatin gene so it’s not expressed.

It’s hideously expensive and costs a ludicrous amount to feed.

The section of Bigger, Faster, Stronger that featured it was on ‘gene doping’.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work well in humans.

GDF-8 inhibitors(so far) have not yielded good results in human trials.
It seems synthesis of “new” skeletal muscle is very limited by the availability of free SM satellite cells.

So…

unless you’re born with a homozygous(both copies) mutation of the GDF-8(myostatin) gene you’re probably not going to have the natural capacity to develop much more skeletal muscle for any extended period of time.

There are two documented cases of homozygous mutation of GDF-8 in humans that i’m aware of.
There are probably numerous human cases of heterozygous mutations(probably more favorable anyway).

To summarize my point…

Being born with this condition may provide for the long term adaptation of biological resources required to build a naturally massive physique…
Using a drug later in life will probably only yield long-term benefits for those suffering from certain muscular dystrophies(maybe not even this), not general population bodybuilders.

However, since the trials weren’t done on general population or on those with optimized nutrition and training, I could be completely wrong.
In that case, there’s already such a drug and steroids should only boost and compound results.

Too early to tell.
It could also be killed due to idiotic testing protocols(not using optimal nutrition and training for test subjects) and we may never know.

Toohuman