This Coffee Fad

I had a nitro cold brew today and it was pretty excellent.

1 Like

This is how I know society is doomed

2 Likes

I don’t drink chain coffee! I only drink coffee from local shops.

Shush, you! He’s finally becoming enlightened!

I just don’t like weak coffee. I had some kind of Starbucks imitation stuff when that was a thing, and it was terrible but that’s the only coffee I can think of that really sucked.

A friend of mine has some of that civet poop coffee, but I haven’t tried that yet.

It might need more sugar.

1 Like

I like coffee, but for whatever reason the caffeine in it does absolutely nothing for me. I can sleep for 10 hours immediately afterwards. Otherwise I’m pretty sensitive to caffeine though, so I have no idea what’s going on.

1 Like

If you aren’t getting freshly roasted beans, using a burr grinder to grind just before brewing, and paying attention to the ratios and temp of water, you aren’t going to get a real good cup. Most chain coffee shops make shitty coffee- hence the popularity of the flavored lattes and such. I’m lucky living in Seattle to have a ton of options for great coffee (many with stripper baristas!)

To me, it’s like beer. There is a time and place for a budlight, and a time and place for dry hopped pilsner. Only an asshole is won’t be happy with both cold. Same with coffee, I get McD coffee on road trips, and drink shitty Keurig cups at work. Both are only used for caffeine and the general smell/taste of coffee.

It’s honestly pretty damn easy and quick to boil some water, grind some beans and use a French press or chemex in the morning, and you end up with a great brew to start the day!

2 Likes

Sold! Hello future neighbor.

http://www.bikini-baristas.com/bikini-espresso-washington.html

I find them super awkward, but lots of folks love them. I never really buy coffee though. I either make my own, or buy on my companies dime.

Couldn’t agree more! I drink an italiano, which is 2oz water at 200F and 2oz of espresso.

If I can’t drink a good italiano then I’m drinking a rockstar. Seattle has some great coffee shops too… none of which have ‘bucks’ or ‘Seattle’s best’ in their name.

1 Like

I probably would too. Interesting as a novelty, but novelty wears off.

I read a while back about some controversy and difficulty in, I think southern California, revolving around baristas in bikinis. Much ado about very little.

It can be a problem because many look exactly like any other espresso stand, until SURPRISE!!!, Tassles/thong/fake tan in your face haha.

A couple years ago the owner of our firm was driving a younger female newhire to sit in on a meeting with him and he accidentally stopped at one. There are a couple other instances of workplace/meeting hijinx I can think of too haha.

There’s a sketchy bar down the street from my house that has bikini Fridays and lingerie football Sundays … the bartenders are all young and trashy

Caffeine doesn’t do much for me, and the only way I would drink coffee is if it’s loaded with sugar. Why spend $5 on a coffee when I can just grab a coke from the vending machine for $0.50 to get the same effect?

Because you won’t catch the diabeetus drinking black coffee.

As much as it hurts me to write this, Hipsterbucks, I mean, Starbucks makes a good cup of coffee. Their dark roast black is my go to in the morning if I’m splurging. Otherwise, there are some good brands. Black Rifle coffee and Caribou coffee come to mind.

It doesn’t take long to adjust to black coffee and once you do adjust you won’t want cream or sugar in it.

Regular coffee isn’t even close to $5 anyway. A soda in our vending machine is about $1.75 and a large Starbucks is like $1.95.

2 Likes

Ordered some Black Rifle but it was damaged during shipping😐

…40 grams of sugar yields a slightly different ‘effect’ than coffee. Do a google search for how much sugar is in coke. The sugar is concentrated. If someone gave you a half-full cup of coffee there wouldn’t be enough room in the cup for you to fit 40 grams of granulated sugar without it overflowing. So no, you wouldn’t load a cup of coffee with even half the sugar that’s in a coke, even if you wanted your coffee outrageously sweet.

1 Like

Coffee + ibuprofen is really good.

2 Likes