This Bothers Me

I try not to get involved with the debate on crossfit. I don’t like it but I try to keep my mouth shut. However, every once in awhile they so something to push my buttons. I’m curious to see what you all have to think about this article

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/science-and-practice-a-response-to-glassman/

I just like to lift weights.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I just like to lift weights.[/quote]

I feel like that’s an attitude that will get you quite far in lifting. Don’t bother with the bullshit and do what works and train cause you enjoy it

Guy sounds like most other CrossFit nuts I’ve met, and most likely is as about as useful as them. If you think that statement irritates you, go watch them do pull ups…

I always enjoy when someone schools Greg Glassman and Cultfit.

There is an upside to the Cultfit craze. It is certainly keeping physical therapists in good fiscal standing.

For the love of god why did you mention the pull ups… I’m gonna have nightmares of a continuous “kipping” pull up thanks to you

[quote]bulkNcut wrote:
For the love of god why did you mention the pull ups… I’m gonna have nightmares of a continuous “kipping” pull up thanks to you [/quote]
Go look up 100 pull ups crossfit on youtube. You can practically hear the man’s shoulder joints crying out for mercy.

Why care what other people do other than it being funny?

I don’t there’s enough time in the day to listen to all the criticism your lifting will get. I just filter out the BS in real life and on the internet, lest I drown in it and lose focus on what I want to accomplish.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
I don’t there’s enough time in the day to listen to all the criticism your lifting will get. I just filter out the BS in real life and on the internet, lest I drown in it and lose focus on what I want to accomplish.[/quote]

I feel like I do a good job of filtering out the bs. You’re right though. Haha for some reason I couldn’t let this one slip by. And I will not look at that video …

[quote]bulkNcut wrote:
I try not to get involved with the debate on crossfit. I don’t like it but I try to keep my mouth shut. However, every once in awhile they so something to push my buttons. I’m curious to see what you all have to think about this article

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/science-and-practice-a-response-to-glassman/[/quote]
There’s some hope for crossfit…from what I’ve read affiliates can run their gyms however they want and it seemed like there was a growing trend of not programming the stupid stereotypical cultfit bullshit into the daily workouts