Third Week of 5/3/1?

ive just started wendler’s 5 3 1 program. im about to go into my third week and i am a little confused about the reps. In the article How To Build Pure Strength, posted below.
Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

it shows week three not as a set of 5, a set of 3, and a set of 1, but as 3x5, 3, and 1. also shown below.

Week 1: 3 x 5
Week 2: 3 x 3
Week 3: 3 x 5, 3, 1
Week 4: deloading

Everywhere else that i have look seems to have it as 3 sets. 5, 3, and 1. which i thought made since, considering that you are going for the most weight this day. that way you still have some in the tank for the 1+ rep. however the article does say 3x5, 3, and 1. i am just curious on which one is right. can anyone set a young guy straight?

because when i bench im assuming there will be a significant different in how my sets go if its 3 sets of five at 267, 3 at 302, and 1+ at 337. then 5 x 267 3 x 302 and 1 x 337

Thanks to everyone

week 3 3x5,3,1 means that you do a set of 5 with the applicable weight, then a set of 3 with the next applicable weight, then 1 or as many as you can do with the third applicable weight. so 3 sets total. the first two are just setting you up for a balls to the wall set with the third weight where you try and get as many clean reps as you can. its basically a test day. hope this helps.

I think that when it says 3x5,3,1 it means 3 sets total, first with 5 reps, then 3, then 1+. The table underneath it shows it better too.

thanks, i just wanted to make sure. i assumed it was 3 sets all together. i guess i just misinterpreted the 3x5, 3 ,1. thank you to everyone

[quote]FightorFlight wrote:
ive just started wendler’s 5 3 1 program. im about to go into my third week and i am a little confused about the reps. In the article How To Build Pure Strength, posted below.
Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

it shows week three not as a set of 5, a set of 3, and a set of 1, but as 3x5, 3, and 1. also shown below.

Week 1: 3 x 5
Week 2: 3 x 3
Week 3: 3 x 5, 3, 1
Week 4: deloading

Everywhere else that i have look seems to have it as 3 sets. 5, 3, and 1. which i thought made since, considering that you are going for the most weight this day. that way you still have some in the tank for the 1+ rep. however the article does say 3x5, 3, and 1. i am just curious on which one is right. can anyone set a young guy straight?

because when i bench im assuming there will be a significant different in how my sets go if its 3 sets of five at 267, 3 at 302, and 1+ at 337. then 5 x 267 3 x 302 and 1 x 337

Thanks to everyone
[/quote]

Re-read the eBook, you HAVE bought it haven’t you?

seriously, buy the book. here’s a clue, all these articles that give you MOST of the info are a subtle hint for you to go buy the damn book.