T Nation

Third Bicep Tear

Anyone else having this problem. I have been on HRT for six years. Three years ago I tore my right bicep tendon from the bone, had surgery and fixed it.Two years ago I tore left bicep tendon from the bone, had surgery and fixed that. Last week I tore my right bicep belly,went to our ATR and he called it popeye syndrome. I will not have this fixed, its sore and bruised but not bad enough to stop me from playing golf.....LOL

I tore the first bicep picking up a TV, second one curling, and the third one tussling with my 13 year old. ole man had to show him....:slight_smile:

you realize that being on certain types of antibiotics can and will cause these tears and possibly you are

prone to these types of tears. me i tore my left short head bicep tendon, the labrun, rotator cuff, and

the acl while taking down 40lbs=20lb2 per arm 2boxes of chicken for each arm. i’d maniupulate the 4

boxes in such a way that l’d let it hit me in the chest from top of food rack and then drop down, that’s

when i felt the tear, and the next morning before doctor apt my shoulder was hurting when i put on a shirt.

the rest was hell and surgery was even worse…and before TRT. i hope this isnt true about what happened to

you! hope you feel better.

[quote]uwacop wrote:
Anyone else having this problem. I have been on HRT for six years. Three years ago I tore my right bicep tendon from the bone, had surgery and fixed it.Two years ago I tore left bicep tendon from the bone, had surgery and fixed that. Last week I tore my right bicep belly,went to our ATR and he called it popeye syndrome. I will not have this fixed, its sore and bruised but not bad enough to stop me from playing golf…LOL

I tore the first bicep picking up a TV, second one curling, and the third one tussling with my 13 year old. ole man had to show him…:)[/quote]

Exactly one month (last June) after I started HRT, on day 1 in the gym I ruptured a tendon that attached my left pectoral into my shoulder (under my armpit). It wasn’t too bad as 4 months later I was able to bench again, although it’s still healing I think. Then six month’s later I switched doctors and the clinic I go to has really dialed me in on my treatment. However, the increased my T dose and put me on an estrogen blocker because my E2 was at 40 somethin’. Two days after I started there I pushed it really hard testing my 1RM on the back squat and hurt my back pretty good. I don’t know what it is but the HRT seems to be a culperate, the first couple doses should come with a warning label. LOL.

train safe: watch out for muscle imbalances, and tendon- muscle imbalances (try isometric training). After an injury rehab, start lifting from zero weight.
eat healthy: supplementation is a must when you surpass lifting what your body normaly does (try cissus for tendons), hgh hormone if you want quick tendon repair.
sleep ten hours a day: that, rest

Hi

I have torn my Bicep for the first time and the doctors are not really keen on surgery. When you had surgery how long did it take to recover … how long is your arm in a sling etc

thanks

Rosslp

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.