Thinning Out Your Thighs

Not at all! I’d love to know.

[quote]debraD wrote:
cvb wrote:
I post on another site where there are quite a few figure girls. A few of them like a topical fat burner called Yohimburn ES. They put it on before doing cardio.

It doesn’t seem possible for a topical fat burner to actually work. Is there any evidence for this does anyone know?[/quote]

All the evidence I’ve encountered so far is anecdotal. Although my grasp of science isn’t the best, I’m not sure why it would be any less effective than, say, a topical analgesic or even a moisturiser since that use is also topical.

I’ve ordered some to test it out. It may just speed water loss locally or smooth the look of cellulite. For my purposes that will suffice.

That’s what I’ve been looking for, thanks CVB an Jules! I passed the link to my client.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
debraD wrote:
cvb wrote:
I post on another site where there are quite a few figure girls. A few of them like a topical fat burner called Yohimburn ES. They put it on before doing cardio.

It doesn’t seem possible for a topical fat burner to actually work. Is there any evidence for this does anyone know?

All the evidence I’ve encountered so far is anecdotal. Although my grasp of science isn’t the best, I’m not sure why it would be any less effective than, say, a topical analgesic or even a moisturiser since that use is also topical.

I’ve ordered some to test it out. It may just speed water loss locally or smooth the look of cellulite. For my purposes that will suffice.[/quote]

Same here. I know that some of the bodybuilder and figure athletes love it. They buy it when cutting for their competitions. I just need to drop water for my comps so I don’t use it.

[quote]cvb wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
debraD wrote:
cvb wrote:

It doesn’t seem possible for a topical fat burner to actually work. Is there any evidence for this does anyone know?

I’ve ordered some to test it out. It may just speed water loss locally or smooth the look of cellulite. For my purposes that will suffice.

Same here. I know that some of the bodybuilder and figure athletes love it. They buy it when cutting for their competitions. I just need to drop water for my comps so I don’t use it.[/quote]

I’m not getting it for competition. I’m getting it so my ass will look nice in a bikini :slight_smile: Pure vanity.

Here is the response from Dr. Clay about the thigh size question

OctoberGirl wrote:
debraD wrote:
Since this article is targeted towards Figure Athletes, is a thinner thigh desirable for competitive figure athletes? Is there an ideal proportion ratio figure athletes would be aiming for? Otherwise how do you judge what you need to do to improve?

This was posted on T-Nation about the article.

Is there a different look for Figure Athletes that would want thinner thighs?

Dr. Clay wrote:
Yes, there is a look and a proportion that we judges look for. However, it can’t be measured - it’s simply a visual thing. And even then, it’s slightly different from one judge to the next.

The only way to know where one stands is to have an experienced judge evaluate. Or enter a contest, then go ask your weak points after. I prefer the former approach! :slight_smile:

Big legs rock!! Just so long as they’re not jiggly. =D

Just so you know ladies…there are a ton of articles on FA about legs…and thighs…and lifting. I have two accounts one on here and one on FA…(the same exact account but my profile doesnt carry over)

I would stop being lazy and post a ton here for you ladies but I did a leg circuit the other day and I NEED to put some Bengay on…so happy searching:)

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
salsasoles wrote:
Did you read this article?

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/bodybuilding/solutions_for_fat_bottom_girls

Seems like there are so many opinions out there with what will work. I thought I’d give this program a try.

HEY! thanks for the link =)

I actually want a fat, big ole bubble butt bottom though.

I want an ass to stop traffic

[/quote]

Is that so? WHAT is all this talk about shrinking muscular thighs? What’s wrong with a glorious squatter’s butt? Why the need to modify something that is so rare in the sex? and what am I doing here?

Clearly, you are a powerful woman.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
salsasoles wrote:

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/bodybuilding/solutions_for_fat_bottom_girls

Seems like there are so many opinions out there with what will work. I thought I’d give this program a try.

Is that so? WHAT is all this talk about shrinking muscular thighs? What’s wrong with a glorious squatter’s butt? Why the need to modify something that is so rare in the sex? and what am I doing here? [/quote]

I’m with you. I have no desire to trim my muscles! I find the suggestion offensive to tell you the truth.

The article is for figure athletes, not me so I guess I shouldn’t be bothered by it…though I’m a bit troubled that there are no objective standards for the figure athletes either. Is it so vague/subjective with competitive bodybuilding?

[quote]debraD wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
salsasoles wrote:

Is that so? WHAT is all this talk about shrinking muscular thighs? What’s wrong with a glorious squatter’s butt? Why the need to modify something that is so rare in the sex? and what am I doing here?

I’m with you. I have no desire to trim my muscles! I find the suggestion offensive to tell you the truth.

The article is for figure athletes, not me so I guess I shouldn’t be bothered by it…though I’m a bit troubled that there are no objective standards for the figure athletes either. Is it so vague/subjective with competitive bodybuilding?[/quote]

Don’t mind me, I’m just retrieving Growing Boy.

Growing boy, we should leave. This is not our forum and we’re out numbered. One wrong word and we’re dead meat.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
debraD wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
salsasoles wrote:

The article is for figure athletes, not me so I guess I shouldn’t be bothered by it…though I’m a bit troubled that there are no objective standards for the figure athletes either. Is it so vague/subjective with competitive bodybuilding?

Don’t mind me, I’m just retrieving Growing Boy.

Growing boy, we should leave. This is not our forum and we’re out numbered. One wrong word and we’re dead meat.[/quote]

lol! Okay just sayin.

[quote]debraD wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

The article is for figure athletes, not me so I guess I shouldn’t be bothered by it…though I’m a bit troubled that there are no objective standards for the figure athletes either. Is it so vague/subjective with competitive bodybuilding?[/quote]

Everything that they said. I realize that everyone has a different ideal physique, but every time someone mentions trimming muscles I cringe.

And on a completely unrelated note…why haven’t I been following PW at all lately? Looks like I’ve been missing out.

I’m not a figure athlete, so I can’t speak to figure competitions. But here’s my personal thought on this: if an aesthetic ideal requires me to get more physically competent, I’ll try for it. If an ideal requires me to get less physically competent, I’ll pass.

There was an article in Vogue a while back about some kind of trainer to the stars. He had them doing cardio, but never running, because that might build up unsightly big quads. Ick. You know, if your kind of beauty requires me not to do normal strenuous activities, then I’ll do without that kind of beauty.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
And on a completely unrelated note…why haven’t I been following PW at all lately? Looks like I’ve been missing out.[/quote]

Can’t tell ya that BG… lots of PLers keeping logs round these parts now :slight_smile:

I am not offended by the thought of thinner thighs, I kinda love the look of long lean legs, but I also like strong looking legs with more developed thigh. I am not a fan of frog legs… no… no… noooo but that is all just subjective preference.

and I would think that BBing would also be subjective as they are being rated on an appeal to a standard that is in the head of each judge.

It isn’t as if each competitor goes out to lift a specific weight.

and I am always interested in reading leg articles. I love leg day… it gets me freaking worked up. Gotta love that about leg day.

At the risk of sounding stupid, what are frogs legs?

I agree about thinner thighs just don’t like the muscle trimming part. I guess I don’t think it’s really an issue for 99.99% anyhow. But I’ve heard many women complain about their thigh muscle as if it’s not the 28% of body fat they’re carrying causing their big legs. And then they use this as an excuse to not do anything but walking with stupid poles.

I hear so much discouragement from women gaining muscle everywhere else I find it disheartening to read about muscle trimming on here/figure athlete.

Maybe this is how the guys feel when they read about someone who doesn’t want to get too big, then ‘hey, what’s wrong with big??’. Not that I want to get big but I don’t want to start worrying that maybe my leg muscles are a bit too much. Actually I do worry so maybe that’s why I’m bothered! lol.

But like you said preference is subjective. I hope you don’t think I was complaining about your thread! Just the part of the article about thinning muscle.

[quote]debraD wrote:

I agree about thinner thighs just don’t like the muscle trimming part. I guess I don’t think it’s really an issue for 99.99% anyhow. But I’ve heard many women complain about their thigh muscle as if it’s not the 28% of body fat they’re carrying causing their big legs. And then they use this as an excuse to not do anything but walking with stupid poles.

I hear so much discouragement from women gaining muscle everywhere else I find it disheartening to read about muscle trimming on here/figure athlete.

Maybe this is how the guys feel when they read about someone who doesn’t want to get too big, then ‘hey, what’s wrong with big??’. Not that I want to get big but I don’t want to start worrying that maybe my leg muscles are a bit too much. Actually I do worry so maybe that’s why I’m bothered! lol.

But like you said preference is subjective. I hope you don’t think I was complaining about your thread! Just the part of the article about thinning muscle.
[/quote]

I wouldn’t worry about any one elses goals or preferences. Sometimes it’s enough work to move towards achieving our own without having to add that additional stress.

Clearly no one hear thinks you have areas that need vast improvement. However, it’s only your opinion that holds weight with regards to your own body.

I look at myself and think I’m built like a blade of grass and that’s cool because that’s the body I’m used to living in and working hard for me. That doesn’t mean I can’t look at other women with thicker thighs and butts and think that it looks amazing. I just don’t worry about looking like that because it would be a waste of time and mental energy.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[/quote]

Frog legs!!! haha! They are my personal fear. There was this girl in school who was an ice skater and she had the biggest freakiest thighs, and the itty-bittyest calves so they looked like frog legs. So I think that has ruined extremely huge quads for me. It was the disproportionate thing.

and NOOOOO I didn’t think you were banging the thread.

I like when we have posts like this where we all get to discuss ideals. ESPECIALLY when it is us women… gotta love the men but they may look at us for different reasons.

and I did like your analogy of 160lb 6ft guys asking how to cut because they don’t want to get too big.