Thinning Out Your Thighs

Did you guys see the article on FA about legs?

I’ve been changing up my training, more running, less heavy lifting (I know, I know, but it is just for a one shot run) so I’ve been checking on the FA site a lot.

the article is a good fast read

and that Wet Wolf guy has a cranky coach attitude that I find appealing =)

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/training/lean_proportions

the link

ON the subject of legs, what does anyone know about trans dermal fat burners? I have slim legs but fat/cellulite at the top.

Clearly I’m pretty lean but that fat is stubborn and was wondering if anyone tried or knows about this type of fat burner.

You know, what with bikini season upon us.

Thanks for the link to the article. It’s always good to read new articles.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
ON the subject of legs, what does anyone know about trans dermal fat burners? I have slim legs but fat/cellulite at the top.

Clearly I’m pretty lean but that fat is stubborn and was wondering if anyone tried or knows about this type of fat burner.

Thanks for the link to the article. It’s always good to read new articles.[/quote]

All I have to say about bikini season is: Squat suit marks.

I’m actually going to spend some time and read that article… I have fat legs per my calliper pinch. Even when I dropped fat everywhere else pre-meet in January, my thigh pinch didn’t budge. Damn fat thighs…

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

Thanks for the link to the article. It’s always good to read new articles.[/quote]

Poliquin has a product called Lean Legs that Jelena used

I keep hoping Biotest will come up with something!

I also have a friend that swears by instant coffee mixed in that Jergens firming lotion. She says the caffeine and the lotion has really made a difference.

See this surprised me!

[quote]Over the years, research has shown that consuming certain amino acids and carbohydrates post-workout is one of the most important nutrition fundaments in terms of initiating the recovery (and muscle building) process. However, when it comes to trimming down your lower body, we can actually take advantage of this fact by doing the opposite.

For example, instead of doing as I often recommend and consuming more carbs on your leg training day, do the opposite and consume a fairly low carb intake throughout the day and post-workout.

Though it would still be beneficial to consume the appropriate amount and type of amino acids and intact protein post-workout, by reducing your carb intake after your leg workout, you’ll decrease the amount of stored glycogen. This not only reduces the muscles’ size and fullness, but it also impedes some of the protein synthesis, along with subsequent hypertrophy, that would normally ensue. [/quotes]

I am carbophobic, but I have been upping my carbs with my running. I think I will give this a try on my leg day and my long run day

I like having big legs! Why would I want to shrink my muscle? hmmmm.

I don’t believe there is anything other than complete fat loss that can be done for cellulite.

[quote]debraD wrote:

I don’t believe there is anything other than complete fat loss that can be done for cellulite. [/quote]

I like strong looking legs, but although they are works of athletic art… do you guys remember Beth Heiden the Olympic speedskater?

here thighs were humungous, muscular… but damn big

I also thought cellulite is a hereditary thing along with another trial us women must bear

But then there’s ‘squat girl’ (I don’t know her name) but her large legs give her a beautiful shape.

Thighs and but are the last place for fat to leave so you have to get really lean to lean out there unfortunately. I haven’t found running to thin my thighs at all but I’m also doing a lot of squats and sprints.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
debraD wrote:

I don’t believe there is anything other than complete fat loss that can be done for cellulite.

I like strong looking legs, but although they are works of athletic art… do you guys remember Beth Heiden the Olympic speedskater?

I also thought cellulite is a hereditary thing along with another trial us women must bear[/quote]

Yes. It’s hereditary. Thanks mom. You suck.

Common wisdom is that there is no such thing as spot reduction. However, what do you do when the rest of your body is uber lean? In addition I’ve been hearing a bit about trans-dermal fat reducers. Maybe what I’m looking for is some anti-cellulite product since it isn’t like my thighs are fat, just lumpy.

I just wonder what figure athletes do in that situation with respect to proportion.

Molly, do you know?

[quote]debraD wrote:
But then there’s ‘squat girl’ (I don’t know her name) but her large legs give her a beautiful shape.

Thighs and but are the last place for fat to leave so you have to get really lean to lean out there unfortunately. I haven’t found running to thin my thighs at all but I’m also doing a lot of squats and sprints.[/quote]

that is true, squat girl is BAdanggggggg

I may just be seeing it as big thighs and bitty calves

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
debraD wrote:

I also thought cellulite is a hereditary thing along with another trial us women must bear

Common wisdom is that there is no such thing as spot reduction. However, what do you do when the rest of your body is uber lean? In addition I’ve been hearing a bit about trans-dermal fat reducers. Maybe what I’m looking for is some anti-cellulite product since it isn’t like my thighs are fat, just lumpy.

I just wonder what figure athletes do in that situation with respect to proportion.

Molly, do you know?[/quote]

I post on another site where there are quite a few figure girls. A few of them like a topical fat burner called Yohimburn ES. They put it on before doing cardio.

[quote]cvb wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
debraD wrote:

Molly, do you know?

I post on another site where there are quite a few figure girls. A few of them like a topical fat burner called Yohimburn ES. They put it on before doing cardio.

[/quote]

Thank you. I’m going to google that.

[quote]cvb wrote:

[/quote]

It doesn’t seem possible for a topical fat burner to actually work. Is there any evidence for this does anyone know?

Did you read this article?

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/bodybuilding/solutions_for_fat_bottom_girls

Seems like there are so many opinions out there with what will work. I thought I’d give this program a try.

[quote]salsasoles wrote:

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/bodybuilding/solutions_for_fat_bottom_girls

Seems like there are so many opinions out there with what will work. I thought I’d give this program a try.[/quote]

HEY! thanks for the link =)

I actually want a fat, big ole bubble butt bottom though.

I want an ass to stop traffic

[quote]debraD wrote:
cvb wrote:

It doesn’t seem possible for a topical fat burner to actually work. Is there any evidence for this does anyone know?[/quote]

I do know that caffeine is effective topically, I don’t know if that would lead to anything other than increased circulation.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
salsasoles wrote:

Seems like there are so many opinions out there with what will work. I thought I’d give this program a try.

[/quote]

Oh! You want a J.Lo booty!

My plan is to take all the fat off… then build it back up with muscle!

[quote]salsasoles wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
salsasoles wrote:

Oh! You want a J.Lo booty!

My plan is to take all the fat off… then build it back up with muscle![/quote]

I would rule the world if I had her ass.

Since this article is targeted towards Figure Athletes, is a thinner thigh desirable for competitive figure athletes? Is there an ideal proportion ratio figure athletes would be aiming for? Otherwise how do you judge what you need to do to improve?

[quote]debraD wrote:
Since this article is targeted towards Figure Athletes, is a thinner thigh desirable for competitive figure athletes? Is there an ideal proportion ratio figure athletes would be aiming for? Otherwise how do you judge what you need to do to improve?[/quote]

That is a good question!

I hope you don’t mind, I posted it on the article site.