Thinking of Trying DNP

I’m 25 and a former athlete. Two years ago I developed whole-body osteoarthritis and lost the ability to do any kind of meaningful physical activity. As a result of which, I have suffered a devastating deterioration of my body composition, having probably lost 20 lbs. of muscle and probably gained the same amount of fat.

I have tightened my diet up as much as I am realistically capable of- I consume about 1,500 calories a day- but I still don’t lose weight because I’m so inactive that my expenditure is shit. So, I’m thinking about using DNP. I don’t feel like I have a choice. I have to drop some of this fat because I can’t even stand to be seen like this and I need to relieve my joints of some of the weight. If I could lose just 10lbs. I would be satisfied.

Dissent if you must, but please at least consider that this is a highly unusual situation. Also, please don’t venture diet and exercise advice. The problem is not that I don’t know how to train properly, instead, it’s that I’m physically unable to train properly. Nothing irritates me more that when somebody suggests that I’m just too lazy or stupid to exercise, because there are a lot of those people out there and I am not one of them.

Anyway, please discuss. Pros and cons, everything. Just don’t be arbitrary. Is it possible to combat the temperature rise somehow, such as by taking cold baths, keeping an icepack on your head, staying in a chilled room, etc.? I am not trolling and please don’t accuse me of such. Thanks.

Why would you combat the temperature rise? It is a pure thermogenic - thats why you want it!

I dont know - i may be tempted to use a little (and i mean less than we would whilst on AAS) T3/T4 instead…

This would increase your expenditure massively - as though you were moving. Alot.

I feel for you - and while i am not totally in agreement morally, i understand fully - when i imagine how i would feel in your shoes - so i am looking forward to the replies of those who use stims/fat burners more frequently than I…

Good luck

Brook

Wow, really sorry to hear about your problem.

Never done DNP, so I can’t give you any firsthand info but I’d think that if the “you feel 30% weaker” rule of thumb more or less applies, someone already in your position would feel particularly bad. Mentally - as well as physically - it might be a very difficult cycle. From what I’ve read of others’ cycles, it’s a lot of sweating and massive fluid consumption… not much you can do to mitigate that beyond being extremely responsible with dosing.

OTOH, losing 10lb is a realistic, narrowly defined goal. Yet I find it hard to believe that doing a cycle like this every year or so is the best answer to your situation. I’d almost think that a light cycle of AAS combined with EMS might help you better by giving you some muscle, thus allowing you to maintain a higher metabolism amongst other things.

Btw, how good is your health insurance?

I can’t believe anyone even considers using DNP anymore.

If anything I would contemplate clen. Its effective and not as devastating on the system as DNP. I think very few could handle a full-fledged run with DNP. I can’t imagine a condition that disables you so that you cant get on an elliptical or some sort of cardio machine. Unless your wheel chair bound. Even then I’ve seen some disabled bodybuilders that put me to shame when I complain of having to lean out. I say nay on DNP. Its far to powerful and dangerous.

Clen requires cardio to give decent effects GB.

BBB - He DOES say OA in his post, and on reading yours i must say it makes sense.

However, i do know that RA and Psoriatic Arthritis are both debilitating - and can be very very aggressive in some.
I know you are much more educated that i in such matters, but i wanted to see if you had considered those possibilities (assuming the OP is mistaken about his condition of course).

Don’t know much about DNP, except for what I have read. But I second BBB. Ten years as a practicing chiropractor, and I have never heard of whole body OA. He’s either mistaken about his condition, or he’s making shit up.

OP, give us some more information about your condition.

FIrst, I have employed clenbuterol, and after a decent cycle curing which i was training to lose fat, i was less than impressed.

my strength decreased, my endurance was shit, and cardio was infinitely more depressing on clen, not to mention my anxiety was balllinnggg

thats my two cents with clen. i still like E/C stacks better

AS FAR AS DNP

if your lack of activity has caused 20lbs of muscle loss and 20 lbs of fat gain, expect a lot of further muscle wasting to occur. for example, if you intend to look decent and feel that it is going to require 30lbs of fat loss to do so currently, achieving that goal is going to incur a lot of lean tissue loss as well

especially since you are not currently in the shape of a bodybuilder or even someone who trains regularly, DNP is not going to reveal a decent physique. i mean, if you are depressed over how you look now, i foresee displeasure POST DNP as well

MY SUGGESTION given your condition

Commence multiple cycles of AAS. this may also help alleviate some of the inflammation, in addition to helping you maintain or even grow some lean mass.

take as much NSAIDs as you can without dying, and train the little you can through the pain

unless you are wheelchair bound or barely able to walk, you need to be moving something

jsut because you cant train like you used to doesnt mean you cant train, right?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
‘cooking from the inside out’,

BBB[/quote]

humm, sounds like a delicious roast.

belligerent, just wanna add something.
I’ve read a very interesting article in a South African bodybuilding mag (Muscle Evolution) about the writer of the article who actualy tried to see if and how DNP works. He called it a hellish experience and his bottome line was: “don’t ever try it!”

If you want the full article I suggest you contact the South African magazine, maybe they can email it to you.
There are crazy stuff out there and DNP seems to be crazy and off-limits if you love your health.

Overheating - There is no upper limit to DNP’s body temperature increase, meaning that one may literally “cook from the inside” if they take too much. Dosage considerations will be given later, but even an overdose of 4-6 times the recommended dosage may be lethal. Much smaller overdoses may result in damage to the brain and/or other body systems.

Carcinogenesis - Phenols in general are reputed to be carcinogenic. Although 2,4-dinitrophenol has never been implicated in a cancer diagnosis, some are nonetheless concerned, and understandably so. In addition to the inherent carcinogenic potential caused by its status as a phenol, production of free radicals and the release of various compounds stored in adipose tissue stores during DNP’s rapid oxidation of fat may also potentially be harmful.

Death - This is self-explanatory and has occurred with several bodybuilders who chose to use this compound.

[quote]FinalRepMuscle wrote:
belligerent, just wanna add something.
I’ve read a very interesting article in a South African bodybuilding mag (Muscle Evolution) about the writer of the article who actualy tried to see if and how DNP works. He called it a hellish experience and his bottome line was: “don’t ever try it!”
If you want the full article I suggest you contact the South African magazine, maybe they can email it to you.
There are crazy stuff out there and DNP seems to be crazy and off-limits if you love your health.[/quote]

That was Anthony Roberts, aka hooker. He published that article here on T-Nation before being exiled to South Africa.

OP -

You don’t want to hear it, but you are going to anyway. DNP is not for fat people. Just like Clen is not for fat people.

You need to lose 20 pounds of fat, and are willing to play with fire because you say you physically can’t do cardio.

Horse shit. Maybe you can’t do high impact cardio, or even moderate impact cardio. But are you saying you can’t even walk?

DNP is the worst alternative for someone who is overweight.

Would I be correct in believing that somone (e.g. the OP) who was not lifting would catabolize their muscle mass to a high degree if they used DNP?

I think we know he’s a troll, but he came up with a decent subject for discussion IMO.

Hey belligerent, you stoned again?

Of course some people do run a mild AAS alongside DNP for maintenance purposes. Even without that though, there is supposedly a significant, natural anabolic boost after one finishes a DNP cycle. No personal experience here, so take it fwiw.

Not sure about the pulsing - at least as you suggested - as I would imagine it would be extremely difficult wrt fluid levels being under a massive flux almost everyday, opening up a new set of sub-issues.

Interesting food for thought, though, and maybe it would be manageable.

Howdy,

I lifted this info from somewhere (I cannot remember now), but it has some interesting basic points and history.

DNP: Straight Forward Facts on Dinitrophenol (DNP)
( Advanced Drug / Supplement Research & Health Science ) …

The Good

Want to lose some weight? How about half a pound of fat a day, without dieting or doing cardio? What if the fat loss occurred primarily around your hips and waist? That’s what dinitrophenol, or DNP, can do for you. It’s for real and it works. But oh, I forgot - it can also kill you.

DNP has been used as a dye, pesticide, explosive, wood preservative and metabolic inhibitor; the latter is an agent that stops the hotly from producing adenosine triphosphate (AlP). The food you eat, your own body fat and muscle can all he broken down, absorbed and converted into ATP.

ATP then provides energy for your muscles to perform work. When DNP stunts the body’s ability to make ATP, the body compensates by converting more fat into ATP, and voila, you lose weight fast.

The reason you lose fat so fast is because your metabolism is increased 1w up to 50% or more. That means if you normally burn 2,000 calories a day, you’ll burn 3,001) calories while taking DNP, and most of the fat loss occurs around the hips and abdomen. We aren’t even talking about restricting calories or exercising! DNP can also improve certain disorders like hypertension.

The Bad

So if it works so well, why isn’t everyone using DNP? To answer that, let’s backtrack to World War I. French monitions workers manufactured DNP for use as an explosive From 1916-1918, 36 deaths were attributed to DNP exposure in munitions factories; the workers were absorbing it through their skin and lungs, and levels of this chemical got so high in their bodies that they died. Some of them died from fevers as high as 115 degrees F.

Now here’s the really freaky stuff, When some of these people were examined, their bode temperatures continued to increase although they were cleat!! Their autopsies revealed that they had almost no body fat.

Well along come the 1930s and some U.S. physicians decide to give DNP a try for weight loss. Their rationale was that since DNP induces such massive fat loss, perhaps in a controlled environment it would he beneficial in treating obesity.

It began to grow popular and by 1934 more than 20) wholesale drug firms rnarketed DNP. Its use spread to Canada, Great Britain. France, Sweden, Italy and Austria. Then reports started coming in of side effects edema (swelling), joint stiffness and pain, headaches, dizziness, vomiting, fever, skin lesions and skin rashes.

Then, around 1933-l935, death reports started appearing in the Journal of the American Medical Association and other medical journals. The problems were occurring at normal dosages; some people didn’t lose weight at those doses and, even worse, others died. DNP was prescribed at dosages of 3-5 mg per 2.2 pounds (1 kg) of bodyweight per day.’

At doses up to 10mg per 2.2 pounds of bodyweight per day. metabolism could increase up to 50%. At doses above this (mostly for animal studies), metabolism could increase up to four times. Some people would experience extremely severe allergic reactions from an initial dose; skin eruptions would form and take some time to heal.

Others died at the lowest dose prescribed. Toxic or lethal closes in humans vary significantly front person to person. Some can’t handle even the lowest dosage, while others may not experience the metabolic effects even at twice the standard dose.

The Ugly

Used in studies to damage cells, including muscle cells, DNP causes alterations in cell structures that can be permanent. Because DNP prevents insulin molecules from attaching to muscle cells, insulin can’t do its job if increasing the uptake of amino acids and glucose.

If a bodybuilder were to take it to get ripped, for example, an anabolic hormone such as insulin wouldn’t be able to stimulate muscle growth. DNP also inhibits production of thyroid hormones and prevents them from working properly in the body. The list goes on and on.

As a final example, immune cells lose their ability to “eat” foreign cells and material, increasing susceptibility to disease and impairing most ATP-dependent functions.

DNP also causes hand tremors and profuse sweating, as well as more serious far-reaching effects. After going off DNP, individuals may or may not gain back more fat than before, depending on how screwed up their thyroid hormones are and what they’re doing in terms of diet, and exercise.

Ten years go by, and why is it getting so dark? The final surprise: Even after years of not using DNP, a number of people get cataracts. What’s it going to be? Ripped, less muscle and dead, or a hit more aerobic work and alive?

DNP isn’t worth the risks. Don’t be misled if your buddy tried it and says it worked great for him. He can still get cataracts in the future, and you can still die from using the same dosage.

I also have to agree with the prior statement that DNP is not for FATTIES. And I would also take anything “hooker” says with a large grain of salt, as he has shown time and time again to be the ultimate douche (with questionable motives).

JUST SAY NO TO THIS SHIT

Peace,