Thinking of a PH and Need Advice

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
westnile wrote:
In his defense, he is from England. When I was over there with my 16inch pythons I seemed pretty big surprisingly.

Did you? Did you really?

Gosh.

[/quote]

Ha ha. I knew some big English bastard would chime in.

lol

[quote]Westclock wrote:
westnile wrote:
In his defense, he is from England. When I was over there with my 16inch pythons I seemed pretty big surprisingly.

In Texas Im just a “big guy”.

In San Diego, I was a “freak” and a “monster”

Freaking vegan hippies. I dont know if it was just the part of town we were in, but I was the only guy over 170 who wasn’t fat.[/quote]

ha ha

At my gym at school (at the time I go) I am one of many big guys.

At my gym back home I am huge. damn hippies.

/begin hijack

random question…everyone agrees that no steroids should be used without being over 21 and having a few years of lifting experience under your belt. Why is this? I can understand the age parameter as the body is still growing and developing and additional hormones can screw up the natural production, but why does the training experience matter? Is it because the gains will not be as optimal as they are if you already have a solid base to build from? How do you know that you are ready for a “boost” in your training?

Reason why im asking is that recently iv been researching into pHs and designer steroids and it has me intrigued. I’ve been training for about two years, about 8 months seriously (religiously paying attention to diet, sleep and training protocols). My stats compared to majority on this site are shit, but compared to how i was a year ago - they are pretty impressive.

To sum up, i know the first cycle is the most potent so I don’t want to waste it (AAS are not within my reach so pH and designer steroids will have to do), so:

1.what are the scientific reasons behind the need to have x number of years training exp before usage?

2.what pros/cons are there of having/not having the x number of years of training exp in terms of effectiveness of the designer steroids/pH (i.e. how much you gain, how much of those gains you keep)?

3.what pros/cons are there of having/not having the x number of years of training exp in terms of the health impacts from the designer steroids/pH?

3.what is the x number of years required before one is ready? (or is the preparedness indicator perhaps strength level or something else?)

/end hijack

Dule: This is how I see it.

Firslty, if someone hasn’t been training for very long yet wants to jump into steroid use (I think PH/DS/and regular gear all belong in the same general category for nearly all intents and purposes) then that is an indication that they are looking for a shortcut. This is a bad mentality to develop and won’t help you at all in the long run.

If a person has packed on a good amount of mass naturally then that shows that they most likely now how to train and eat. It’s important to note that this doesn’t happen overnight. It takes experience and countless hours of research in order to develop effective training techniques and to get your diet in check. I’ve been lifting for about 6 years and I’m still learning every time I’m in the gym and also when I’m researching on the web or reading books - which is practically everyday.

The thing is, unless you have all the fundamentals firmly in place, it makes no sense to start messing around with your hormones and taking the risks that are involved in AAS usage. A beginner can make excellent gains their first couple years of proper, serious, and dedicated training. I’ve seen guys blow up so fast the first 6-12 months of training that they looked like they were using gear, but in reality they were just putting in the necessary time and effort into training and nutrition. So, why use AAS in that case? Using AAS isn’t all fun and games, there are downsides as well even if you are careful such as side effects that range from slightly annoying to awful. You have to weigh the pros and cons and for a beginner, it can very easily not be worth it.

During the years I’ve spent training, one thing I’ve learned is that injuries are very common. Just about anyone you talk to who has been lifting for any amount of time will most likely have a story or two about gym-related injuries - many of which are still bothering them in some way years down the road. Dipping into AAS use can greatly increase the chance that you will hurt yourself in the gym if you are not ready. AAS can greatly accelerate the strength of your muscle, but not your tendons. You ever talk to somebody who ripped their peck and had to have it surgically re-attached? That kind of injury happens quite often, and taking something that increases your max bench by 50+ pounds in a matter of weeks or even days when your tendons haven’t been strengthened is asking for trouble. Training naturally will give you a chance to develop strong connective tissue. Learning proper technique also takes a lot of time and is an ongoing process. It’s kind of like learning how to drive in an '89 Honda Civic versus a brand new Ferrari - if you hop right into a Ferrari without significant driving experience, somebody is getting hurt.

I’m sure there are more reasons that others will add, I’m just a n00b anyway and plus it’s time for me to hit the sack. Good luck.

Cheers mate. I understand what your saying. Right now half of me wants the easy way out but the other half understands everything you say. Iv been thinking about this for a while now, researched about dosages, PCT, training and all this, but i also want to research the negatives (of starting before i should).

This is what kind of info im looking for, not just “dont do it cuz it fks u up”.

Other contributions for and against are greatly anticipated!!