Thinking About the Next Step

[quote]fit86 wrote:
Adding calories sounds easy to do, but really I have a really active day I’m up at 6 and to bed at 10, and in between I’ve got 9 hours at work going to the gym, whatever other bull shit I’ve got going on. [/quote]

Do you think that stops the high level amateurs and low level pros who have to train, eat, diet, have families and work 40 hours a week?

Get a grip.

Adding calories doesnt sound easy, but it is necessary. WE all know it isnt easy, thats the challenge!!! It isnt easy to build an ounce of muscle. Not at all.

I would have to say, there isnt much in this game that is easy - bodybuilding isnt an easy way out at all!

Joe

[quote]Makavali wrote:
joeblow wrote:
A very long tirade.

So you’re just going to make that assumption based on the fact that you don’t know his stats, you’ve seen no pictures and you don’t really know what his training is like?

People say 3 years because that’s the average time it takes.[/quote]

What are you talking about? What on average takes 3 years? Learning how to train and eat right does not take three years. If you train correctly and eat correctly why should you not use anabolics if that is what you choose to do.
I wrote a lot because people who are ignorant giving someone advice kind of pisses me off.
I know now you will come back with another brilliant comeback. As long as someone asks for an opinion on a subject that I have personal knowledge of I will respond.
And I assume, from what he wrote he is dedicated and knows how to train. If this is not the case then he should take more time to learn a bit more.

Interesting. So… joeblow, at 177 pounds, does the original poster know how to eat correctly - in your experience?

[quote]kroby wrote:
Interesting. So… joeblow, at 177 pounds, does the original poster know how to eat correctly - in your experience?[/quote]
That is why I recommended that he add the high calorie drink throughout the day. Yes, he needs more calories because of his job. A lot of people I have worked with have the same problem and the answer is usually liquid calories.
There is no reason that the OP can not do a light cycle. If you have read other posts of mine I usually will tell people to use less then most recommend. I feel that getting the body you want is a three part deal, no one part more important then the other. 1. Diet, 2. Training and 3. anabolics. You must have all in order to get the most out of the time you put in.

Also, he does not list how tall he is. If he is 5’5’’ to say 5’7’’ then 177 and lean is very respectable.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
You haven’t been training long enough for steroid use.

As for a source, pull one out of your anus for all we care, we don’t give out sources here.

If you’re really desperate for a source go to:

www.imanidiotwhohasntbeentraininglongenoughto justifysteroidusebutiwillprobablyuseaasanyway.com[/quote]

Why in the hell do you have to do this to this kid? What does it accomplish besides making you seem like a tough guy, just like a bully in a playground. Yes, he should not ask for sources but why not just tell him that instead of ripping him a new asshole. Congrats, now you have probably run the kid off for good and any good advice he might have gotten is down the drain.

[quote]joeblow wrote:
What are you talking about? What on average takes 3 years? Learning how to train and eat right does not take three years. If you train correctly and eat correctly why should you not use anabolics if that is what you choose to do.
I wrote a lot because people who are ignorant giving someone advice kind of pisses me off.
I know now you will come back with another brilliant comeback. As long as someone asks for an opinion on a subject that I have personal knowledge of I will respond.
And I assume, from what he wrote he is dedicated and knows how to train. If this is not the case then he should take more time to learn a bit more.[/quote]

3 years to get to a respectable physique. ON AVERAGE.

Taking steroids to get there is lazy and generally the people looking for the shortcut aren’t ready. To tell someone that they should use AAS after 1.5 years of training is irresponsible.

And I attacked the source request because if you took the time to read the sticky it clearly states:

[quote]Step 3:
Don’t PM people asking where to get steroids (or “Steroid Tablets”). For all we know you’re a cop or a high-school kid - and besides, this is pure fantasy role play for many of us. If you followed Step 1, you wouldn’t need to ask this.[/quote]

Why are you so angry? It’s not like anyone was telling the guy that steroids will kill him. We just said he wasn’t ready.

[quote]joeblow wrote:
Also, he does not list how tall he is.[/quote]

If someone can’t be bothered to list all their stats, why should we assume they have a respectable physique? For all you know, he omitted height so 177lbs sounded good.

Joeblow, I agree with you on this. As long the form is there, and the person knows how to diet and train his body, why the hell not?

But this thread isn’t about that. You two need to start a different thread, and quit making this one about each ones own personal opinion on this. Start a new thread. Have people way on the subject there. Its a good idea for a thread really… Just stop hijacking this one.

To the OP, honestly man, you dont sound ready. Not close really. Try the anabolic diet. Up the calories. Practice form, read up on the different training regimes, and how to change yourself through diet… Maybe you know this, maybe you dont. Maybe if you would have givin a complete rundown, we could all give you better advise.

I guess if you believe that you should train for three years in order to gain the privilage of using anabolics that is your opinion and I respect it. I totally do not agree with it however. Let me give you an example, using my own experience.
In the early 1990’s I started competing in teen contests and did very well. When I was about to turn 19, I had about 2 years training under my belt the next step was the teen NJ and then the teen nationals if won the NJ. However, for me to have any chance I had to use anabolics. I was only 19 and somewhat inexperienced. However, the gym I trained at housed Rich Gaspari and a number of high level NPC amatures who encouraged me that I had the genetics and should go for it. I did. I won the teen lightweight class, missing the overall by 1 point. I then traveled to Florida and placed second in the lightweights at the teen nationals. My training was perfect, my dedecation more then 99 % of those out there and my diet was spot on. This placing allowed me to go on to be a very succesful amatur middleweight in the late 90’s in the NPC. If I had to do it over again I would not change a thing.
My point is the fact that I was 19 and only training 2 years or so really did not matter. I felt that my level of dedication gave me the right to use anabolics if I choosed to.

[quote]joeblow wrote:
I guess if you believe that you should train for three years in order to gain the privilage of using anabolics that is your opinion and I respect it.[/quote]

Slow down there cowboy. Three years on average. If you reach a respectable physique before that then that’s all well and good. But the majority of people claiming to be respectable enough for steroids are lying. Without a photo, I don’t assume they have the physique they claim.

Call me jaded if you want, you know there’s truth behind the madness.