Thinking About Rowing

im finaly thinking about doing a school sport and the only sport that seems interesting to me is rowing. i heard rowing is a good all around good complete body workout.
does anybody know about it? is it worth it?

definitely. and technique does matter, otherwise you will tire fast. fun time though

Looking back on it, I wish I would have done wrestling.

did one year of, this past year. not for me, but i have a new respect for wrestlers. hardest sport ive ever tried

Rowers have chicken legs.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Rowers have chicken legs.[/quote]

way to stereotype, not cool. lol

yeah, it’s fun. it just takes a lot of time and commitment.

Rowed for a few years at a pretty top club. It’s great fun if you just want to take it lightly, nothing beats going out on the river early in the morning when its warm and noones around, very peaceful. However if you want to do it seriously then be prepared for very early mornings in the freezing cold of winter and 2k rowing machine tests, there a blast…

[quote]lifelongbread wrote:
im finaly thinking about doing a school sport and the only sport that seems interesting to me is rowing. i heard rowing is a good all around good complete body workout.
does anybody know about it? is it worth it?[/quote]

If you want to wake up at the asscrack of dawn far too often and “play” an endurance sport with no ball, no score, and no room for individual initiative, then definitely, knock yourself out.

You should PM CrewPierce.

He was on a rowing team

I rowed throughout highschool. Extremely rewarding experience. Coach taught me everything about strength training and I still apply those principals to this day. Rowing introduced me to competition and really taught me what it takes to be the best. Although waking up at the crack of dawn to row, or endure an erg workout, month after month sounds tough, you will be rewarded with an iron will, lazer sharp focus, unwavering determination, and discipline.

Lets just say if you can do crew for several years, you can do anything in your life. That being said, many school sports are awesome as well. But few will match the commitment required in rowing.