Thinking about Doing my First Cycle

So I’ve been thinking about doing a cycle for about 6 months now. I’m 23, 185 pounds. Lifting since I was 18. Basically what I’m thinking about doing is a test cycle 8 to 12 weeks 300mg every 5 days, Running HCG At 100mg a week so my system never fully shuts down. Then at the end see how I’m doing, possibly if I’m not doing so well then hitting like a 500mg one week. The back off to 100mg for 1 to 2 weeks. Let me know what you think.

No need to talk trash. Yes I’m new to all this, still doing research, ect. Just tryna figure out where my heads at in all this. The only I’m kind of confused about is AI’s and pct… so a little knowledge there would be super helpful. Not tryna junp in to anything fast. Thanks in advance!

You need to read a lot more. DO NOT DO WHAT YOU ARE THINKING OF DOING. Horrible… horrible idea.

Edit: It is seriously annoying how little you researched. There is a lot of information on this site. Use the search engine and start reading. Then come back and ask again. You skipped those steps and just want us to spoon feed you what to take and explain pct to you? Not happening. You are making a serious life decision to start taking gear and you don’t take the time to do any research. You saying you are only confused by AI’s and PCT is mind boggling to me. For example, if you back off to injecting 100mg of test in a week did you know that is most likely less than you’re body naturally produces? Why inject every 5th day? Why not every 8th, why not every other? What type of test do you even want to inject? There are more than 1 you know ;). HCG is usually measured in IU’s by the way.

1 Like

I’m going to write a detailed reply in a few hours soley because I find your username amusing, but first I want to take a nap, this post will be edited in the near future.

You need to figure out which ester of testosterone you want to use, test prop will be fine for an 8 weeker but test enth and test cyp need at least ten weeks, preferably twelve. The reasoning behind this is because test prop has a much shorter half life than test E or test C, therefore it reaches peak levels in the bloodstream much quicker. Test E or Test C, like @getcutgetbutt said, should be run at around 500mgs weekly for a first cycle, given at doses of 250mg injected e3.5 days, test prop needs to be injected at least Every other day, but every day would give more stable levels (and test prop is a far more painful injection).

Don’t taper up and down testosterone, just run a determined amount for the whole cycle, in medicine people are taught to taper up medicine to get the desired effect and then taper down in order to wean the patient off medication. When it comes to anabolic steroids, this is an inefficient practice, starting with a dose of 100-200mg is a mere replacement dose, therefore there is literally no point in starting at such a low dose. As for tapering down, all it does is prolong the amount of time you remain shut down, some doctors have the notion that tapering patients off AAS is still an efficient practice, as a matter of fact you can still find this advice in endocrine guidelines on how to taper people off who are abusing AAS, this is a stupid and outdated practice that stems from the fact people are tapered off most medications such as corticosteroids and opiates etc.

Going off AAS cold turkey (the way it’s meant to be done) will put the user at a very low testosterone level for a prolonged period of time because steroids sent a negative feedback loop to the anterior pituitary gland, sending them a message that the body has enough testosterone. The anterior pituitary then shuts off production of LH and FSH (leutinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone), FSH and LH are the two hormones that stimulate the leydig cells of the testis to produce testosterone, without LH and FSH the body stops producing testosterone, resulting in testicular atrophy and arrested spermatogenesis, this is where HCG and PCT comes into place. HCG is a LH minick, it tricks the body into thinking it is still producing LH, therefore the body keeps producing intratesticular testosterone, this keeps the testis at their original size and preserves fertility given the individual is fertile to begin with (like me). HCG, being a MIMICK of LH is still suppressive though, once the user goes off LH will crash back down to near zero, however the theory is that if the body is kept producing testosterone, recovery should be quicker. PCT (nolvadex and clomiphene) stimulate the production of the bodies natural FSH and LH, therefore the body starts producing testosterone again at a far quicker pace than what would happen without PCT. With this knowledge you will realize the drug needs to have exited the body before recovery can properly begin, therefore tapering down is a practice that needs to be stopped. The two most commonly used SERMS are nolvadex and clomiphene, for a first PCT i’d use nolvadex as clomiphene can have some really nasty mental side effects, and rare side effects of clomiphene can even include ocular nerve damage resulting damaged or distorted vision

With supraphysiological levels of testosterone (supraphysiological is generally determined as three times the upper limit of normal) (say 2500-3000)ng/dl, and pharmacological is generally considered a dose that produces a result that produces results that wouldn’t happen normally. I’m not sure if this definition of supraphysiologic and pharmacologic refers to AAS, however if you look at some medical literature you can see 300mgs of nandrolone decanoate weekly or 300mg of Test E is considered “a pharmacologic dose”.

Furthermore, with supraphysiologic levels of T, supraphysiolgic levels of estrogen accompany, the amount of aromatization is different for everyone, SHBG levels, genetics, bodyfat each play a role. 5-7 percent of testosterone is aromatized into dihydrotestosterone, this is the androgen responsible for androgenic side effects such as body hair, acne and hair loss. Estrogen related side effects include water retention, high blood pressure, fatigue, moodiness, gyno etc. Estrogen can be controlled by a SERM such as nolvadex, nolva binds to the receptors that are sensitive to estrogen such as breast tissue to stop a person from getting gyno, but doesn’t actually reduce levels of estrogen in the body. Secondly there are aromatase inhibitors to reduce levels of estrogen in the body, there are steroidal and non-steroidal aromatase inhibitors and suicidal and non suicidal aromatase inhibitors. Steroidal AI’s have a steroid backbone (like formestane) whereas non steroidal ones don’t (think anastrazole). Suicidal AI’s permanently bind to the aromatase enzyme, killing it, therefore once usage is stopped there is no chance of an estrogen rebound, non suicidal AI’s temporarily deactivate the enzyme, allowing for a sudden rebound/spike of estrogen when the drug is stopped (this isn’t guaranteed, just possible) AI doses differ for everyone, take it slow, because tanking your estrogen can be more harmful than having high estrogen (Joint pain… JOINT PAIN DAMMIT).

What are your stats, years lifting, age, are you willing to accept the possible long term risks of AAS use such as heart damage in the form of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, even if the risk isn’t very high it is still a risk you need to know about and understand, you could be looking at never recovering and being on TRT for the rest of your life, I would talk about cholesterol and liver issues but it doesn’t seem as if you are looking at running any orals. Be careful and do as much research as possible, hormones aren’t something you want to play around with, they are serious drugs and like all drugs when abused can have serious consequences. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I personally think you need to do way more research before you consider taking up AAS usage. What is the purpose of wanting to cycle, are you trying to become a competitive athlete or is it for purely aesthetical reasons (serious question, I won’t judge either way, I’m just trying to figure out the reason)

4 Likes

Sooo… yes I do need to do a lot more research. I agree. Also I’m saying you read one article saying take this much hcg and yeah I know it’s not mf just typing error. Anyway saying take Clomid and Nolvadex then you get another guy saying no, take this and that. This two don’t interact well ect… whatever the case may be. Yes but as far as I’m concerned test c or teste is so damn close to each other it don’t matter. The backing off to a a 100ui of hcg. I’m not here for “spoon feeding” just tryna figure this out see if I actually wanna do it.

I understand there is a lot of contradicting information. But also what works for someone might not work for others and it’s going to come down to you taking all the information and making an educated decision. If done incorrectly you are going to completely F*** yourself. This can not be understated. Take Unreal’s advice when he edits his post. He knows a lot and is going to drop some knowledge on you. From what I have heard around the grape vine is that Clomid has a lot more sides than Nolva and Nolva is all you need. 40/40/20/20. Everyone has a different opinion on this. Some run both but I find that unnecessary. As for HCG, my suggestion would be 250iu’s E3D. For test my suggestion would be running more than 300mg. 500mg is the general consensus for a first cycle. Injecting 250mg/2x per week. If you are running test only (which you for sure should) I wouldn’t go any lower than 400mg.

2 Likes

good posts, listen and read everything everywhere. Go to 500 for a week? why???

Thanks for all that man. I agree I need to do a lot more research. That’s why I’m here. Yeah I’ve done a lot of reading and stuff, but I think I’ll pick up more from just having conversations with someone who’s truly knowledgeable. Not joe and bob at the local gym, that’s been running TRT for the past 3 years. I’m very aware of the realism of what can happen when take improperly. The biggest reason wanna see how much further I can push my body. I think for the majority I’ve came as far as I can naturally. Now don’t get me wrong there’s ALWAYS gonna be one more thing to do. So I know the guy who sales it all and have for awhile. I was talking to him about it and he’s the one advising to take the HCG while I’m on. He’s saying 100ui the entire way through so my natural test never fully shuts down. However I’ve people saying no don’t do that. It sends mixed signals.

dont get advice from the person selling you the products. People usually take 250iu 2X a week also,

2 Likes

When read you post I immediately was confused as to what you meant. Did you mean that you were going to take 100ius a week of HCG then possibly go to 500ius for one week then possibly go back down to 100ius?
Or did you accidentally say 100mgs of HCG yet meant IU’s. Then immediately go back to talking about your test dosage that you started your post talking about? Thus saying possibly doing one week of 500mgs of test then going down to 100mgs of test after spending 8 weeks at 300 then one week at 500 then following it with two weeks of 100mgs?

I know catching the difference of IU’s vs mgs when you just started with this stuff can be tricky.

I am going to assume that your stated fluctuation of dosage was meant to be in regards to the HCG because that is what you were immediately speaking on just prior to laying out your possible dosage fluctuation.
First I know HCG dosage can be all over the board on thses sights. There are two main schools of thought the take during the cycle to prevent shutdown and then the just take it right before PCT method. Either way 100 IU’s a week is probably too low. The lowest I see on reputable sites is around 500 ius a week split into two dosages. If your wallet will only support say 8 weeks but your cycle is ten then I would say the weeks you don’t use it should be at the beginning of the cycle.

If you were talking about your test dosage when you said you might go up then down I will point you in the right direction. Just click on my name and go read comments I have made to others. Seriously I just did like a two page dissertation for a new user and it was packed full of all those little things you don’t even realize you need to know. I have stuff in comments about PCT, esters, half life, how long it takes to reach a stable release rate, when you should time PCT, ect… Clicking on my name will get you a crash course of shit you didn’t even know you needed to know. It will help you. Also read the other guys comments, we cover subjects like yours regularly.

I would like to close with, I am relieved you waited until at least 23 and you have five years of a base. If that is true you are not like that vast majority that just want to look like a 250lbs gorilla overnight. Chances are you will love the cycle if you do it right and in turn you will do another and another. Please remember you are the one that has to live with the benefits and costs for making these choices so even when you think you know enough or you no longer run into new info on the website still keep reading. You can never know too much when it comes to your health.

Also don’t get discouraged when one of us older guys can’t figure out what you meant due to use of the incorrect increment abreviation.

2 Likes