Thinking About Competing in a Year

Hey man keep up the hard work, the one body part that stands out to me is you shoulders to me look like they are lagging a little. You have a good build and a good v taper.

You have excellent overall structure. Pros include a tiny waist, good lat insertions and shoulder width- the classic bodybuilder look. I would have guessed your weight at 205-215 @ 6’2, not 195.

Cons? You need more mass to look filled out. Chest and back thickness (although you have an excellent amount of detail in the midback already) in particular. More arm size. Quad sweep and hamstrings, hamstrings, hamstrings.

There’s nothing wrong with your physique, there just needs to be more of it overall. Another good 25 pounds and you’ll start to look filled out. 40 and you’ll be well on your way.

If you’re planning on competing later in life anyway, I highly recommend doing it early on. Your first competition changes everything, seriously.

I’d recommend setting a distant date, figuring out what you need to do, get it together and be on stage, showing off the best body you could have possibly created from your hardest work at that time. From there, you’ll know where you stand a bit better, you’ll know what you need to work on, and you’ll know where to take yourself next.

When competing is real, it’s much easier to use it in your motivation. For many guys, competing is just a lofty goal which is never realized. Dive in with everything you have and, provided you have a proper attitude, you won’t be sorry.

do what youve been doing for another year.

lol

traps man, traps! get some big thick upper traps going, and a bit of a thicker neck.
i think it’ll give you a more powerful look. right now, your physique looks good from a certain point down, but the top part is a little silly (scrawny and stringy) looking in comparison…

just my 2 cents.
dan

Correct. He has some development but needs AT LEAST another foundation or two to be filled out, especially with those long limbs. Even for the teen division.

[quote]LiarPantsOnFire wrote:
i think it’ll give you a more powerful look. right now, your physique looks good from a certain point down, but the top part is a little silly (scrawny and stringy) looking in comparison…

just my 2 cents.
dan[/quote]

Very good looking foundation. Amazingly small waist, which certainly will allow you a very dramatic taper once you put some more size one (20 lbs at least). Sure some parts are lagging a little, but at 18, that may just be how you’re developing regardless of what you’re doing.

The most noticeable weakness I see, is your triceps. Your overall arms aren’t bad, but your biceps look well developed, which sadly brings to attention that your tris are pretty much a flat line on the back of your arm. Definitely keep going bro. I know you said you’re thinking about competing next year, but for now, try to tack on another 20 lbs, and then weigh your options. At your height, it’s not going to be an easy task.

S

I’d say you have good genetics but are nowhere near ready to compete.

those triceps are gonna be huge one day

Yup, traps and tris. Otherwise you are going fantastic. Keep getting bigger!