Thinking about Buying Weightlifting Shoes

Have a look on Jonnie Candito’s youtube video on the hybrid squat - it gives a very good overview of the pro/cons of this type of stance, including tips like shoes.

Ok hi again everyone!!

I am going to attach a form/depth check video for judgement because today was the first day trying out weightlifting shoes (well, first day in a very long time) and I am hoping my depth was still okay.

Thanks for any feedback/plz be gentle

2 Likes

oh and this was 165 x 3 paused

Well, slightly paused. It was my final set so it prob. should have been paused long…w/e
AHHH

Far as depth goes looked good to me, don’t see any problems there. Plus extra points for rocking the Dowins haha I have the same ones! :smile:

1 Like

Depth looks great! A definite 3 white light regardless of the judges(probably).

That looks OK. Depth seems fine for most feds.

Depth is good for USAPL.

I have the exact same shoes. Good taste!

okay so just to be extra obsessive (in typical Jenn fashion)

here’s a vid from the week before when I am wearing chucks

Now, me and my kid last night were comparing and we both agreed that my form and depth looks better in the chuck video. Would most agree?

Hopefully this discussion can help other people decide what type of shoes works best for them otherwise it’s just me totally hijacking a thread, loL!

The camera angles/depth are slightly different, the Chuck vid is closer so it’s hard to definitively say but I paused both vids at the bottom of the rep and I’d say the Oly shoe vid looks deeper.

Depth on both vids are fine either way, so not much to worry about there. Might just come down to what you feel more comfortable wearing.

Your arse shoots up less on the second video. EDIT: just saw it was the week before.

You may benefit from bringing your stance in with oly shoes

wont that really start to change the mechanics of my squat though? I worry about tinkering so much so close to my meet.

Is my form really that bad ?

I really prefer my chucks, but almost every video I see with powerlifters these days they are wearing the weightlifting shoes, like 99% of them, so I kinda start to doubt what I should be doing.

You’ve answered your own question. If you prefer your Chucks, use them! It doesn’t matter what everyone else uses. Besides, I think your squat in Chucks looks better.

1 Like

thanks for the reassurance!! I think so too.

I really need to stop overthinking everything so much, gah!! :tired_face:

1 Like

Your squat is fine. Don’t make any changes this close to a meet. Other people’s preferences are irrelevant to you and your success.

3 Likes