Think You Are Big But Just Fat

It may not be your goal or “ideal” but, there or is no way someone would look at Brandon Lilly and think he is obese. Chubby? That is what I call a skinny fat pre-pubescent boy not a guy pushing the iron he does or carrying the muscle he has.

Brandon Lilly is what I consider “full house” and i think he looks impressive. But still I think he would look much more impressive if he would lean out a bit. Difference is he is a powerlifter and his goal is just to lift some heavy ass weight, which is why he carries more fat than a bodybuilder would. I don’t see a point to want to hold onto a good amount of fat unless your a powerlifter.

I swear this thread reads like a transcript from a 10th grade girl’s cafeteria conversation.

Did you see Suzy’s new sweater? I think it makes her look FAT.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I swear this thread reads like a transcript from a 10th grade girl’s cafeteria conversation.

Did you see Suzy’s new sweater? I think it makes her look FAT.[/quote]
u think ur fat but ur just big

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Didn’t many of us say that if you and some others like the full house look or being 15+% bodyfat then you and some others should go ahead with it.
[/quote]

Wow…didn’t know I needed your approval…which is the point.

Your thoughts don’t really have much to do with my goals…which is why you all seem to be losing the peanut gallery support.

My goal is to be really muscular. My level of leanness desired changes depending on many factors. Most people are NOT going to be the size of Kennelly without bulking up at some point…without early drug use.[/quote]

Hey PX. Just curious what’s your BF around if you don’t mind me asking. Been following da tread

FWIW a ton of the huge superheavy powerlifters call themselves fat. They know they’re fat and readily admit it. They just don’t give a fuck because their goal is to move as much weight in 3 lifts as possible. There are examples of this mindset in articles on this site from Tate and Wendler, and even Bolton’s guest series about deadlifting.

That doesn’t mean people go run up to them and call them ‘fat’ but they aren’t in denial over their conditioning.

Wow, almost a thousand posts arguing over 1 point, I’d heard of pro x and being a difficult person but wow every time he came back he kicked the argument up again

Lol a 4 year bump?!

I’m not even gonna read the old thread again. just looking at the title and date I know it’s one of those messes that no one appreciates.

S

I was 265 in 2013 according to my post about 600 comments back. I’m 215 now. Whew. Like waking up from a nightmare.

2 Likes

Personally, I’m really interested in reading about Professor X’s goals.

:wink:

Haha, Prof X, what an absolute bellend he was.

So much talk about his greatness and couldn’t even do a lunge or an overhead press with a barbell when he met Thibs.

Wonder how huge he is these days?! How much he is stacking up on those HS machines?!

1 Like

Not liking him is perfectly fine. But I don’t see the problem with not being able to do a lunge or overhead press.

PX did influence people in positive ways. I am one of them. I’m not sure I would have the finances I have now if he didn’t express his thoughts here. So he was pretty great to me.

Fair enough, he may have had some good qualities as well. I am glad he helped you.

1 Like

I’ve never seen anybody charge so hard or work so diligently to find a problem than X.

1 Like

Seeing this thread brought up, more for the spectacle of one individual’s need to bring attention to himself than the actual topic (which was a good one actually), i’m going to suggest that perhaps we talk more about the actual topic of even in more generalities than discuss specific issues with a former poster whose own behavior resulted in his absence. Believe me, I can see plenty of good as well as just insane ridiculousness in the past, but let’s not bash someone who is no longer among us. It’s just bad form no matter what you or I truly think.

S

I kinda skimmed back through it. Minus X, it was actually a really good thread. But what would I know, it’s like 4 years later and I’m 10 pounds lighter…

What is the topic at hand to be discussed? I read through about 100 posts at the end… that didn’t help much lol.

The thread title itself seems like a given almost. We all know people at the gym and in real life who are carrying a lot of fat, and overestimate their own muscle by quite a bit. I’ve seen this a ton with guys coming into my gym trying to do strongman lifts. I consistently outlift 300 lbs guys who thought they were strong just because they’re big. It tends to be a humbling experience for them that they don’t necessarily get at the commercial gyms they train at.

1 Like

I can’t remember how heavy I was at my biggest. I think like 210, maybe slightly less.

Anyway I thought I was jacked and humungous until I did my first ever proper cut and ended up at 170lbs.

OK, I went back and read this during every little bit of downtime I had throughout today… Now I have a headache, damn you all -lol

S

1 Like

I like seeing the change in prevailing attitude from bulking to some ridiculous level, cutting back to slightly larger than where it started and achieving marginal results in the process give way to a more sensible approach.

In the end I’m a “to each their own” kind of guy, but it is telling that some great results have emerged from the more sensible approach.

Granted, I may be a little biased given that I am simply not designed to be a mass monster.