Think You Are Big But Just Fat

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/8/5/85516_ORIG-image.jpg

Applicable

Guys, I took a biology course in college and made a presentation about prion diseases. So if anyone has questions about bovine spongiform encephalopathy (that’s mad cow disease for you NOOBS), please direct all questions to me.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I’ve taken genetics classes. I don’t go around saying I have an ‘education in genetics’ because it is disingenuous to geneticists.

I don’t think some part-time involvement in a study would change that, either.

I just find that whole comment ridiculous. According to you have I have an education in biomechanics, organic chemistry, neuroscience, and so on
[/quote]

x2

[quote]gregron wrote:
What’s up with the posts in this thread? They keep appearing and disappearing?[/quote]

Take a wild guess.

LOl at the same posters each and every time.

Who wants to bet that all this would amazingly stop if gregron, Utahlama and Supersaiyan weren’t literally following me around the board in every thread in this forum.

Try sticking to the topic. Why so little questioning of where the data for this limit came from
but all of this concern for anyone who says they did even if pictures show sign of at least that much muscle gained.

You need “underwater weighing” to make any claim against it but “estimates” are just fine for the alternative.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LOl at the same posters each and every time.

Who wants to bet that all this would amazingly stop if gregron, Utahlama and Supersaiyan weren’t literally following me around the board in every thread in this forum.

Try sticking to the topic. Why so little questioning of where the data for this limit came from
but all of this concern for anyone who says they did even if pictures show sign of at least that much muscle gained.

You need “underwater weighing” to make any claim against it but “estimates” are just fine for the alternative.[/quote]

1. Not following you around. The only thread I’m even talking to you in us this one and you’ve just stopped answering my questions, just like you won’t answer Lanky’s, because you know the answer would look bad for you. It’s ok though cause everyone else sees that already.

2. Why don’t you try sticking to the topic for once? I know that goes against everything you stand for and would require you to break almost all of your posting rules but try it out for once.

3. What were your numbers at a not fat 305lbs at 5’10? You know, when the only photo you posted was in almost sheer darkness? I wish I knew where to find that picture for reference.

4. I was postinf in this thread way before you showed up in it

5. YOU were the one who quoted me in this thread first and I responded from there.

So who’s following who around?

It’s getting retarded. YOU asked about my background [/quote]

Nope, you mentioned your ‘background’, I simply asked if you actually had a genetics degree, as it would be quite impressive, and it seemed that you were trying to give that impression but weren’t actually saying as such.

Don’t get pissed when people when people actually read what you wrote and respond accordingly. My respect for dentists comes from friends of mine who are not only dentists, but polite, humble, friendly, don’t have some background story that is supposed to give the impression that they are an expert on whatever is being discussed at the moment, and that their opinions automatically trump whatever any other intelligent person might suggest.

But hey, that’s just me and my opinions.

And for the record,
 bodybuilding competitions are judged on size, symmetry, conditioning etc, BUT genetic gifts such as structure are often overlooked at all but the most top level shows. Kurt Weidner is universally regarded as having a very poor genetic structure, yet is over 200 lbs in the most ripped to shreds condition, and actually won the Universe title despite many much ‘prettier’ physiques onstage. Anyone truly smashing the boundaries of packing on muscle size, who came in condition, even with wide hips, would be well rewarded by the judges.

(but what do I know,
 I’ll be sitting behind the judge’s table at 2 shows next month)

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

It’s getting retarded. YOU asked about my background [/quote]

Nope, you mentioned your ‘background’, I simply asked if you actually had a genetics degree, as it would be quite impressive, and it seemed that you were trying to give that impression but weren’t actually saying as such.

[/quote]

I gave the correct impression. I didn’t say “degree” and most of the docs involved with genetics research do not have degrees in “genetics”. It is part of a larger degree.

[quote]

Don’t get pissed when people when people actually read what you wrote and respond accordingly. My respect for dentists comes from friends of mine who are not only dentists, but polite, humble, friendly, don’t have some background story that is supposed to give the impression that they are an expert on whatever is being discussed at the moment, and that their opinions automatically trump whatever any other intelligent person might suggest.

But hey, that’s just me and my opinions. [/quote]

It is just you and your opinion. That is ALL it is. I am not your friends and unless your friends followed my exact same path through school, them simply being dentists doesn’t mean they had the same schooling. I wasn’t even planning on going to dental school originally so my background is NOT just geared towards “dentistry” alone.

[quote]

And for the record,
 bodybuilding competitions are judged on size, symmetry, conditioning etc, BUT genetic gifts such as structure are often overlooked at all but the most top level shows. Kurt Weidner is universally regarded as having a very poor genetic structure, yet is over 200 lbs in the most ripped to shreds condition, and actually won the Universe title despite many much ‘prettier’ physiques onstage. Anyone truly smashing the boundaries of packing on muscle size, who came in condition, even with wide hips, would be well rewarded by the judges.

(but what do I know,
 I’ll be sitting behind the judge’s table at 2 shows next month)

S[/quote]

First, what I have noticed with many natural comps is the greater focus on conditioning. That means some guy could be bigger and still lose. Most do not win if they have bad structure for this like wide hips.

That means, no, once again, natural bodybuilding comps are not just won on size
which is the point I made.

[quote]gregron wrote:

1. Not following you around.[/quote]

LOLz. Seriously,. The tears are flowing from this response.

It is the same few guys. You all call anyone who dares to agree with me a “nutrider”
or you claim they are an alternative account of mine to discredit them.

It isn’t like everyone here can’t see it.

I think X and Gregron should me in the desert. 2 men enter one man leaves. This getting fucking old as shit.

I think I’ve figured out what’s going on. Professor X is from the future. He’s on the forums because at some point the future Mr. Olympia will log on to T-Nation, read our discussion about genetic limits, and give up on bodybuilding altogether. Professor X is here to stop that from happening.

He probably wrecked his motorcycle in one of his attempts to hit 88 mph. I’m pretty sure I saw a thread by him in GAL asking where one would obtain parts if he “theoretically” wanted to repair a flux capacitor.

So someone decided to narrow the sample size from natural bodybuilders to only natural bodybuilding winners?

LOL

Weird I thought it was Waylander, Bonez, and Stonghold following X around. The names “following” PX around have suddenly changed, but the man in the middle has not.

[quote]gregron wrote:

1. Not following you around.[/quote]

LOLz. Seriously,. The tears are flowing from this response.

It is the same few guys. You all call anyone who dares to agree with me a “nutrider”
or you claim they are an alternative account of mine to discredit them.

It isn’t like everyone here can’t see it.[/quote]

I’ve literally never done either of those things. lol

No response to the rest of my post?

How not fat were you at 5’10 305lbs?

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
Weird I thought it was Waylander, Bonez, and Stonghold following X around. The names “following” PX around have suddenly changed, but the man in the middle has not. [/quote]

LOl at the cult mentality. Once again, it is the same guys or the same followers. That is why somehow zraw, after making an entire thread about ignoring me, is still making jabs and the exact same guys are still following me around.

everyone here doesn’t even agree with you guys. They are writing as such right here but get ignored.

Maybe some of you should quit the bullshit. Nothing I am writing should be causing all of you to gang up on every response. You just like doing it.

That’s all good
because what stands out is that you all avoid sticking to the points being made.

once again, why so little focus or critique of the “measurements” that set this “ceiling of muscle”?

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
This getting fucking old as shit. [/quote]

I agree
but since they plan to keep it up as if they can run me off the forum, I guess it will continue.

You would think the people commenting on how old it was getting would be listened to.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
Weird I thought it was Waylander, Bonez, and Stonghold following X around. The names “following” PX around have suddenly changed, but the man in the middle has not. [/quote]

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
This getting fucking old as shit. [/quote]

I agree
but since they plan to keep it up as if they can run me off the forum, I guess it will continue.

You would think the people commenting on how old it was getting would be listened to.[/quote]

You would think the people commenting on how old your crap is getting would be listened to.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
for the record I took 300 and 400 level genetics in undergrad, as well as did epidemiological research, which is much more relevant to the topic than the bench work you did in genetics. Regardless, for the scope of this topic no one needs anything beyond a cursory knowledge of genetics and population data.

Just to make this point clear, in science and medicine, when discussing topics like this, especially as it refers to large populations, you come up with a RANGE of observable data. I would be very skeptical of the political or emotional motives of any “scientist” who literally comes out with an exact number that somehow relates to all people unless it is a very extreme number and we are talking about absolutes.

Simply put, this “80lbs limit” is unsupported and contested
so why keep retelling it?
[/quote]
lol, well before they come up with a range, there are rounds of research and educated guessing that leads to a hypothesis. I really do value guys like brick, maiden, stu, etc weighing in on this as they have already, and I’ve already qualified why this guessing of a “natural limit” of sorts is important to all of us as well and is central to the topic at hand. You’ve already noted that this isn’t a worthwhile question to ask, so please you and your trolls bow out.[/quote]
respond to this

everyone here doesn’t even agree with you guys. They are writing as such right here but get ignored.
[/quote]

Everyone doesn’t agree with you. They are writing as such right here but get ignored
 by you.