T Nation

Think this Sled is Worth It?

I really want a prowler, but I live in the Barracks(Marine Corps) so space is a huge issue, as well as money. I found this on ebay and was wondering if you guys think it is worth the $135 or if I should just save up and buy the econo prowler?

Thanks
Bryan

http://cgi.ebay.com/DRAGGING-OR-PUSHING-SLED-POWERLIFTING-STRONGMAN_W0QQitemZ200261735107QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200261735107&_trkparms=72%3A1424|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Forgot to add, I’ve been a lurker of this forum(strength sports) for a while now, just finally joined.

If you are considering dishing out the money for a prowler, and you don’t want to make your own, then I would say it’s well worth it.
The difference in friction between this and a regular isn’t going to factor into your training.

The point of the sled is that it’s resistance, raw resistance with no eccentric movement to create more muscle damage. This sled has that.

The purpose of the handles on the prowler is so that you can do a sled “push” as opposed to just a pull. This sled has that as well.

Seems to me to fit the criteria I would look for in a sled. It’s up to you to decide if the extra “features” (looks, quality, etc) are worth the difference in price.

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:
If you are considering dishing out the money for a prowler, and you don’t want to make your own, then I would say it’s well worth it.
The difference in friction between this and a regular isn’t going to factor into your training.

The point of the sled is that it’s resistance, raw resistance with no eccentric movement to create more muscle damage. This sled has that.

The purpose of the handles on the prowler is so that you can do a sled “push” as opposed to just a pull. This sled has that as well.

Seems to me to fit the criteria I would look for in a sled. It’s up to you to decide if the extra “features” (looks, quality, etc) are worth the difference in price.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I’m sure I could make one if I could get ahold of a welder(sure teh hobby shop has one) as I can MIG weld, but I sold my welder when I left Florida. I could really care less about the looks, look at the ghetto fab box we made for the Box Jumps, lol.

No-Excuses, I know this is not related to your thread…but where are you stationed, I am on Pendleton and head up the base powerlifting team, weve got alot of good equipment and a hell of a gym we train at that has everything you need…including a sled and soon a prowler. Let me know…and if not, get some orders our way!!! train hard

[quote]bearcat1485 wrote:
No-Excuses, I know this is not related to your thread…but where are you stationed, I am on Pendleton and head up the base powerlifting team, weve got alot of good equipment and a hell of a gym we train at that has everything you need…including a sled and soon a prowler. Let me know…and if not, get some orders our way!!! train hard[/quote]

What’s up man? I wish I was at Pendleton but I am at good old MCAS Yuma, lol. Been here 25 months (been in like 2 yrs and 9 months, 2 yrs and 3 months left, lol). By the time I get back from our upcoming deployment I will only have 15 months or so left, so i don’t anticipate orders, lol. I’m originally from Florida and picked West Coast out of the schoolhouse to hopefully end up at Pendleton or Miramar, but didn’t happen, lol.

I wish we had something like that here, or even out in town(well I haven’t found anything in town) but we don’t. Next time I am un that area I will let you know though, and come and check it out.

Take it easy bro