Think my Basement has Potential for a Home Gym?

Yes. I took the site down about a year ago to concentrate on selling Displates (metal posters). Now that that is doing well I’m in the process of getting the site back up and running. I’m loading all of the designs now, but it’ll probably take me a week or so to get it back up and running.

Thanks for checking it out, though! If you want to get an idea of what designs I sell (keep in mind this is only about 15% of them) you can check out my displate page (https:// displate. com/manstrations?art=5ba2aa86236dc)

Just to give you an idea (displates):

My site:

So on and so forth. Everything has to be loaded individually and I have something like 500 designs.

1 Like

Just checked it out. Some pretty cool stuff! I liked the martial arts ones a lot! I’ve kinda been wanting to put up some decor in the home gym, just to make it a little more interesting, so I may need to get one soon!

How does that work? You just come up with designs and then do you make them yourself or have another company do it?

1 Like

So the company (Displate) fulfills all of the orders (printing, shipping, etc…) and the artist gets a commission. If a sale is made through a specific link the artist gets a commission for both the artwork itself and for generating the sale, which is pretty cool because a lot of artists will advertise their work at their own expense.

My site is slightly different. I use a dropshipper to fulfill all of my orders, but it’s not commission based. Basically, I set the sales price and essentially pay the COGS to fulfill the order and I net the difference. So, for example, I might price a shirt at $21, it might cost me $15 to have it made, and then I’m charged a small percentage and dollar amount by Shopify (the e-commerce software company I use). Whatever the difference is is my profit on the sale.

I have a lot more flexibility with my website as far as pricing and discounts go, but I don’t have the built-in shoppers like I do with Displate.

I’m sort of at the mercy of Displate, but it’s not a bad deal by any means, imo.