Think I Have an Injection Infection

Gonna call my DR tomorrow, but thought I would toss out the pics.
First of all, it hurts like hell, it’s fairly red and swollen… Not sure if its warmer than the rest of my body (wife says a little)

This is a TRT dose in my abdomen, (DR prescribed US pharm Test)
I have shot in this spot 4-5 times from this same vial w/ no issues.

Sterile needle, always wipe the top of vial and injection site with alcohol swab.

No idea wtf is causing it.
Any ideas?

btw… second (closeup) pic is in my profile.

[quote]Larry10 wrote:

1- you may have done a sub-q shot… and it’s just taking it’s time to absorb. that would hurt like hell, and there have been lots of times where a guy just won’t shoot an IM shot deep enough and he winds up thinking he has an injection.

[/quote]

It was a sub-Q shot (DR recommended) I have shot 4-5 there w/ no issues.Thats why I’m at such a loss as to why it comes up now.

Have you used any other site at all friend?

Maybe it is now irritated and inflamed.

What is the frequency of the injections?

Who taught you the injection technique and how experienced are you at injecting any drugs into your body?

Sure it’ll be fine, why havent you gone to the docs if it is his script, legal, and more trustworthy information for 99% of the non-illegal use AAS using population.

Why come here?

Brook

[quote] Brook wrote:
Why come here?

Brook[/quote]

His doctor has, well, doctor’s hours. :slight_smile: He posted this during night time; just to ease his mind I’m guessing.

Fair enuff that mate :slight_smile:

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
Brook wrote:
Why come here?

Brook

His doctor has, well, doctor’s hours. :slight_smile: He posted this during night time; just to ease his mind I’m guessing.[/quote]

Yep :stuck_out_tongue:

Swelling has gone down quite a bit, think I’m fine.
Still can’t make any sense of it, I mean… same vial, same protocol, This particular site had seen only 2 shots or so.

Sorry for the temp hijack but I did not know that Test can be administered SUBQ?

Is there a lump?

I know that some BA contents cause a lump, redness, heat, swelling at the site. Correct no?

How long has this been there?

Subq or did you IM into the ab?

Have you been rotating sites? (even on the abdomen)

I am NOT the most experienced person on here, I had one small reaction that benadryll plus time solved over night. This was from a sub q shot and I still am unsure what exactly caused the problem.

Anyways good luck man.

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Sorry for the temp hijack but I did not know that Test can be administered SUBQ?

Is there a lump?

I know that some BA contents cause a lump, redness, heat, swelling at the site. Correct no?

How long has this been there?

Subq or did you IM into the ab?

Have you been rotating sites? (even on the abdomen)

I am NOT the most experienced person on here, I had one small reaction that benadryll plus time solved over night. This was from a sub q shot and I still am unsure what exactly caused the problem.

Anyways good luck man.

DG[/quote]

The Doc I see in Oceanside is a disciple of Eugene Shippen, who is the author of the Testosterone Syndrome.
Shippen is a huge proponent of sub-Q test injections (TRT)

I alternate the sub-Q shot on either side of the belly button,It’s been 3 days now and it’s clearing up nicely… I’ll most likely go back to the glutes, where I never experienced a problem.

That is why I have never used roids and never will see that! thats me with the 21" guns come this summer, “high volume tommy”

[quote]tommy teen wrote:
That is why I have never used roids and never will see that! thats me with the 21" guns come this summer, “high volume tommy”[/quote]

k

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
You might have pushed a bacterium through the skin. After all, swabbing does nothing for sterility.

BBB[/quote]

Than why do those of us who do swab, do it? Is there any reason at all?

I’m not trying to sound like a smart ass, I guess I am just undereducated on this subject.

Also is it safe to assume that injecting bacteria that is in the oil is more dangerous than the bacteria that originates on the top of the skin that can be pushed through from an injection?

[quote]tommy teen wrote:
That is why I have never used roids and never will see that! thats me with the 21" guns come this summer, “high volume tommy”[/quote]

1 Like

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
tommy teen wrote:
That is why I have never used roids and never will see that! thats me with the 21" guns come this summer, “high volume tommy”

[/quote]

I saw that used in a movie once actually.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
You might have pushed a bacterium through the skin. After all, swabbing does nothing for sterility.

BBB

Than why do those of us who do swab, do it? Is there any reason at all?

I’m not trying to sound like a smart ass, I guess I am just undereducated on this subject.

Also is it safe to assume that injecting bacteria that is in the oil is more dangerous than the bacteria that originates on the top of the skin that can be pushed through from an injection? [/quote]

My guess is that Bushy did not mean that swabbing does nothing to reduce the concentration of bacteria on the skin, but rather was saying that any remotely typical sort of swabbing does not create actual sterility. Bacteria are tougher to get completely rid of than that.

For sure such a lackadaisical approach would never be used for any major surgery. I don’t know exactly what they do, but it’s a lot more, for good reason.

But does swabbing get the area cleaner and at least reduce the number of bacteria at the spot? Yes.

Anyway, yes, sometimes an injection generates a local reaction that probably is not an infection, but it’s natural to be concerned that it may be and to monitor it closely.

As for this sub-Q thing, the idea may be all right in the context of the low injection volumes used with Shippen’s protocol but not I think if the concept is to frequently go back to the same spot. That seems a truly bad idea.

Also, what is the point, compared to IM? For injections that can be done either way, I’ve tried sub-Q many times on the hope that it might have less chance of bruising, but at least in my own case the same (quite low, but more than desired) rate occurs with sub-Q as with IM or may be even worse sub-Q. I suppose results might vary with that though.

Swabbing the skin with alcohol prior to injection removes more microbes via physical action (degerming) than by chemical action.

The alcohol evaporates so quickly that it is not in contact with the microbes long enough to be completely effective in killing them.

paraphrasing the section on alcohol from my microbiology text

Would dettol, for those who are familiar, be an effective swabbing alternative?