High Bar Squats
135 x 5
185 x 5
235 x 12, 12, 12, 12 (BRUTAL)

Glute hams
4x8

Ab rollers
4x8

I started Think Big by Ben Pollack on Monday but my boy and wife got some stomach virus. I ultimately got it too but thankfully only put me out a couple days. Had zero appetite yesterday and was surprised to be able to hit this volume today.

Wow, yes, this would be brutal!

I was having a look over this program the other day, looks solid. Looking forward to seeing how you do on it.

I have got to get used to these high rep sets. I felt like this would be a shock to the system as far as programming goes and can help get things moving along.

Squats are one of the few lifts that I like doing high rep sets of.
Deadlifts, no thanks.
Bench, grumpy shoulders.
OHP, grumpy shoulders.

Or maybe I just need to get my shoulder issues figured out…

But, if nothing else, the high rep squats are great for mass.

You and me both. My left shoulder has always given me grief. I cant stand doing anything over 3 rep sets on deadlifts.

Oct 18 2018
Think Big - Wk 1, Day 3

Bench
Bar x 5
95 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 12, 12, 12, 12

DB Bench
65 x 8 x 4 sets (3 second eccentric)

DB Fly
20lb x 12 x 4 sets
Didn’t realize just how weak my pecs were and how challenging it was to activate them with such a light weight lol. Humbling

Overhead Plate Ext
45 x 15 x 4 sets

Pushups (slow eccentric)
3 x 15

It really feels great getting a good pump. I think it’s been at least a full year since I’ve really had a good upper body pump. I’m excited to see how much muscle I can put on by the end of this.

I’m not looking forward to the 4 sets of 12 on deadlifts coming up

Edit ** Took me 40 minutes to complete this from start of warmup to end.

Have you taken some measurements/before pictures to compare to after the program is complete?

I often plan to do this and then end up just trying to compare on how I THINK I did (well, I think I got a little stronger in a couple lifts, and I might be a little bit leaner…so yeah, I guess it worked)…a lot tougher to quantify results that way though.

Good point, Ill have to get my wife to shoot some pics. Not sure i have a tape. My bodyweight is sitting around 185-188 currently with 185 being first thing in the morning.

Post workout update from this morning. Not sure what I did but it didn’t start hurting till about lunch time and I lifted at 6 am. When I pinch or grab anything with my left hand between my index finger and thumb hurts. Hoping it clears up or gets bearable by Saturday morning otherwise I might have to duct tape my hand to the bar to do deadlifts