T Nation

Things You've Made

I re-covered the seats in the other half’s bike. Used a sexy oiled leather.

IMG_0910

Coming along nicely. Next steps are to cover with latex and then fiberglass. Then sand and fill the fiberglass, then paint, then mount on Rat Rod.

I’m resurrecting this thread to post my new deadlift jack. I’ve been talking for years about wanting to learn to weld. I finally took a class at a local trade college bought some tools, set up my shed and made my own jack. It works brilliantly.

Now I’m thinking of my next gym project. This was the first thing I wanted to make. My husband and I train together so there’s a ton of loading and unloading.

That’s beautiful!

Thanks. I’ve used a lot of different jacks in gyms and some, while they look nice, have bad levers and are difficult to use. The balance on this turned out really well.

While working on my sister in law’s car I had a circuit that would keep blowing the fuses before I could test them with a multi meter. Made these jumpers out of 14 gauge house wire so I could at least test the circuits.

*disclaimer: this is a dangerous practice for diagnostic use only and could result in fires or extreme damage… fuses exist for a reason.

As soon as I saw the picture, I was reminded of this:

Made this outdoor mud kitchen for my boy for Christmas. All made from scrap pallet wood so has cost pretty much nothing and has been freestyled the whole way! Very happy with how it’s turned out.

Think maybe I’m in the wrong job.

That is absolutely brilliant.

What are the burner rings made from? They look familiar.

Thanks, he absolutely loves it. A few of my wife’s friends and work colleagues have seen it and are asking if I will make a few more that they could purchase. When the weather gets a bit better and I find a steady source of pallets I will knock a few up and see if they sell.

At work we occasionally repair turbos from larger agricultural vehicles or boats. We had these made to hold the turbines in place whilst we loosen or tighten the turbine nut. We never use them as a rag and a strong grip is much quicker most of the time, so thought I could put them to good use!

That’s really cool!

I made these over my Christmas break. I’ve always wanted farmers walk bars. This was another item on my list of things I’d make if I ever learned to weld. They weigh 10lbs each and I’m looking forward to the rain stopping so I can get them outdoors where I have more room to move.