Things You Can Do In Dreams

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
I often have dreams where I win/steal/earn a shit ton of money.

It makes for a sad wake up.

[/quote]

That and the ones where you are having crazy monkey sex with insanely hot chicks.

[quote]Corrosion wrote:
Damici wrote:
What really bugs me is that I can’t punch normally in dreams. I try to but it’s as if my arms are bogged down and super-slow-moving, like I’m punching underwater. Very frustrating. :frowning:

Because, you know, sometimes you have to deck someone in a dream . . . .
That happens to me too it’s horrible. It actually happens to alot of people (i.e. being slower when trying to flee, not baing able to scream)

I wonder why people have these universal types of dreams?[/quote]

I don’t have a punching problem in my dreams, but when I’m being chased or have to run really fast, it seems like I’m running in super slow motion…it’s not like everything it slow, just my running.

It also seems like the problem isn’t that I can’t run, but that I can’t send the signal to my feet to move faster…like in my mind I’m screaming RUN but my feet sort of trot.

Oh and ZMA will X 10 any dreams you’re having, good or bad.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
That and the ones where you are having crazy monkey sex with insanely hot chicks.
[/quote]

Then I try to fall asleep again as fast as possible. It’s actually worked a couple of times.

I have had a reoccuring dream my whole life where I am in my parent’s basement, and there is no light except for the light of day coming down the stairwell. I have to get up the stairs before the evil presence/monster gets me. The only problem is I move so incredibly slow. Takes me 10 seconds to get up one stair. I always get killed within about 5 stairs from the bottom.

I also have dreams where I somehow jump extremely high. This isn’t off flat land using the power of my legs, it usually involves somehow jumping down a mountain/hill. I often survive many of the jumps, but eventually I get so high that I know I’m screwed, and then I hit the ground and die.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Chewie wrote:
I have this damn recurring dream where I have to go back and finish High School along with life’s other obligations. It started in grad school and pops up every now and then.

Yeah I get that too. I have dreams all the time where it’s the first day of school. I figured it would go away after a few years, but I’m 24 and I had one of these just a few months ago.

I’m not a real big believer in the paranormal, but your dreams about talking to freaking ghosts freaks me out. I would have moved asap.

[/quote]
I’m not a big believer either. It did freak me out. I lived there by myself for a year.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Chewie wrote:
I have this damn recurring dream where I have to go back and finish High School along with life’s other obligations. It started in grad school and pops up every now and then.

Yeah I get that too. I have dreams all the time where it’s the first day of school. I figured it would go away after a few years, but I’m 24 and I had one of these just a few months ago.

I’m not a real big believer in the paranormal, but your dreams about talking to freaking ghosts freaks me out. I would have moved asap.

I’m not a big believer either. It did freak me out. I lived there by myself for a year.
[/quote]

I was dead convinced of ghosts after what I experienced at my friends house…he told me 4 days ago he planned it all - he hasn’t told anyone else but he has EVERYONE fooled to this day - even his parents and housekeeper. I’m still pissed about it.

Anyway, I too, have had the dreams about slow punching - mainly when I punched someone and it had no effect and they just stood there, laughing. Also, screaming with no voice and flying.

I always thought this had something to do with confidence, and not to sound silly, but since I started lifting and taking care of myself in general, I have had no such dreams.

I have been woken up mid sex-dream which is most annoying.

I used to have lucid dreams up until a year and a half ago. Dreams where you control them are THE GREATEST THING EVER. I used to love sleeping solely because I could control them.
If anyone knows how I can start lucid dreaming again, please god tell me.

Anyway, I always have dreams about being underwater and I can always breath, and every time I dream about it, I think it’s really cool(in my dream).
Maybe i’m destined to become a merman…

[quote]Chris82362 wrote:
I used to have lucid dreams up until a year and a half ago. Dreams where you control them are THE GREATEST THING EVER. I used to love sleeping solely because I could control them.
If anyone knows how I can start lucid dreaming again, please god tell me.

Anyway, I always have dreams about being underwater and I can always breath, and every time I dream about it, I think it’s really cool(in my dream).
Maybe i’m destined to become a merman… [/quote]

You have to sleep a lot and remember your dreams. It will help you to be more conscious of the fact you are dreaming. It’s a focus.

About the school dreams…I have recurring dreams that I’m back in college, but I konw I’ve already graduated, then in the middle of class, I’ll realize this and just say “fuck this” and walk out saying “what the hell am I doing here? I graduated years ago!” And college wasn’t a bad experience for me. But I have the same dream a lot.

[quote]cormac wrote:
Anyone else notice that you can read things in dreams, but they’re not written in a coherent language whatsoever - you just have this strong impression of what is being read.[/quote]

I definitely read in dreams, and have had a couple of experiences of realizing it wasn’t real language before I was done reading it, and struggling to make it out anyway. I’m not sure why that happened, maybe I was beginning to wake. Or maybe it’s another kind of stress dream. Definitely top on my list of fears would be not to be able to read, or language losing clarity for me. That’s my weak-punch equivalent, I think.

Jilly, I will rent it. If he doesn’t say anything (because his focus seems to be less on apes in particular) I’ll ask if his dreams are like that.

I used to read and talk in dream jibberish, but lately it’s all been in coherent English. Full, real dialog. I’m finding my dreams are more like reality, with the exception of flying and scuh.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
If it’s hand to hand I make 'em hurt…bad. But if it’s a gunfight my bullets never seem to stop 'em. What’s up with that?[/quote]

You’re shooting blanks.

Am I the only one who’s had the dream where you’re trying to get ready for work or school or something, and you keep forgetting to tie your shoes, or put your shirt on, or put your pants on, or get your stuff together, or take a shit, or fix your hair, or shave, etc.

You just keep dreaming about how you’re already late, but you just can’t seem to ever get out the damn door.

That’s the most horrible dream of all.

I will have “crazy” dreams at time. This probably makes me sound coocoo, but sometimes I will see an place with people around me, usually I place I have never been. Then a couple months later(in real life), I will go there and freak out.

I usually fly in my dreams (not a leap, just flying). I also get this dream where I’m waking up and prepping for the workout. I know it’s a dream because, for some reason, I can’t focus on the surroundings, I just know they’re there.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
One thing I usually can’t do in my dreams is fuck. I mean really get after it and fuck. I can get things started but then I wake up and [POOF] it’s gone.

HOWEVER, the other night IT HAPPENED. Six or seven women in one room and wham! bam! one right after the other. Nailed every single one of 'em and didn’t wake up til afterwards. WOW![/quote]

That’s funny, because I’ve had several very vivid, realistic sex dreams. Never with more than one woman, and the majority with Mj. You would think you’d dream of having sex with other than your spouse, like a fantasy, but the other girls I dreamt about were before I got with MJ. But all of them were pretty raunchy and uninhibited.

[quote]cormac wrote:
Anyone else notice that you can read things in dreams, but they’re not written in a coherent language whatsoever - you just have this strong impression of what is being read.[/quote]

I definitely have this. It’s weird because as I start to wake up and am sort of half-dreaming I realize that it’s gibberish, but that just a second ago I could understand it. It’s this sort of moment of clarity where I realize I’m dreaming for ten seconds or so before I wake up.

I also have the slow running, slow punching, punches don’t hurt other people, etc. What’s the deal with all these limiting dreams? Is it confidence, stress, some personality trait? It seems pretty universal.

Coolest thing I did was in a dream last night. I was walking on my hands on a railing throughout a museum. It was pretty bizarre because it was like my body had weight, but it moved slower than the rest of me. So I just used my legs’ momentum to manipulate tight turns. I was swinging myself over the exhibits, almost triggering alarms. It was pretty fun, mainly because I can’t even do a handstand in real life.

Another fun thing I’ve experienced several times is running/swimming really fast without getting tired or out of breath. I’ve always enjoyed these ones because I realize how wrong it is in the dream, but have fun nevertheless.

I’ve died a couple times in dreams. I found these fun because I knew I didn’t have to breath anymore. Of course, I wake up pretty quickly afterward.

I’ve had several dreams with hand-to-hand combat or firearms. However, I rarely have the dead-weight arm effect in dreams. Lucky me.