Things You Can Do In Dreams

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Jillybop wrote:
Every so often (for years) I dream that I am running and I am reaching down and grabbing the grass and pulling myself along with my hands while running. A few years ago I saw the movie Planet of the Apes and that was how they ran! Kinda freaked me out actually…

My husband has described similar. In fact, he’s mentioned more than once that he often has dreams in which he “runs on all fours.”

Anyone else have very animalistic dreams?

[/quote]

I’m having one right now kitten…meeeeeeeee-rowwwww !

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
Every so often (for years) I dream that I am running and I am reaching down and grabbing my ass and pulling myself along with my hands while running.
[/quote]

Does this technique make you run faster or slower?

[quote]sen say wrote:
Jillybop wrote:
Every so often (for years) I dream that I am running and I am reaching down and grabbing my ass and pulling myself along with my hands while running.

[/quote]

It’s just how I run. shrug

Emily, did he see the movie and identify with it?

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
sen say wrote:
Jillybop wrote:

Emily, did he see the movie and identify with it?[/quote]

Oh, I don’t know, Jilly. Your mention of it just reminded me that he’s talked at various times about being ape-like or wolf-like in dreams (or maybe an actual ape or wolf, I’m not entirely clear…I’ll ask tonight). I know this is a recurring thing for him, and I guess always has been. I’ve never experienced anything like that.

But I’m thinking now that mine are some girly ass dreams. Maybe now that I’m lifting I’ll start having power dreams, huh?

Sen say, you’re a kitten in your dreams? : )

I need to run away, fast, but my legs are like lead and I can barely move. I’m being chased by the devil. He has a black hooded cape and red eyes that glow in the dark. And he’s on a bicycle. Really. Sounds stupid, but it always scares the crap out of me.

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
sen say wrote:
Jillybop wrote:

It’s just how I run. shrug

[/quote]

Oh…cause it seems like if you were running and going pretty fast and then reached down and grabbed your ass and pulled yourself along with your hands that that might give you like more forward momentum and help you fun faster, kind of like someone giving you a helpful push, and I thought maybe olympic track and field runners might want to experiment with this technique.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

Sen say, you’re a kitten in your dreams? : )[/quote]

Surprisinly yes. Guess it makes sense since I’m such (consonance) a tiger in real life.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Corrosion wrote:
Damici wrote:
What really bugs me is that I can’t punch normally in dreams. I try to but it’s as if my arms are bogged down and super-slow-moving, like I’m punching underwater. Very frustrating. :frowning:

Because, you know, sometimes you have to deck someone in a dream . . . .
That happens to me too it’s horrible. It actually happens to alot of people (i.e. being slower when trying to flee, not baing able to scream)

I wonder why people have these universal types of dreams?

Same here. I can’t fight for shit in most dreams. I think I have successfully fought and won in maybe three dreams. The rest it seems that I just couldn’t swing and if I did the punches were slow and soft. [/quote]

This is a wierd thing. I think it has something to do with the chemicals that are released that keep you still and relaxed when sleeping.
Strange thing though- I used to have sleep terrors, like a thousand times worse than nightmares.

When I was active in the sleep state and punching, kicking or anything else, I would also be doing it full speed and strength in the bed. I ended up knocking the shit out of a couple of ex-girlfriends. From what they said, I would just go ballistic screaming and punching, then return to a motionless restfull state. I never knew a thing until they would tell me.

I have this damn recurring dream where I have to go back and finish High School along with life’s other obligations. It started in grad school and pops up every now and then.

This is really weird. I used to live in an apartment that everyone (myself included) said was haunted. Fans and lights would turn on and doors would open. It was weird, they would actually open for me on many occasions (I was on the first floor, so it wasn’t caused by deflections).

Anyways, I used to be able to talk to the ghost(s) in my dreams. I could see the face(s) and their bodies. One time I dreamt that there were two twin ghosts opening and shutting my bedroom door and I was telling them to stop. My gf started shaking me (in real life) and asked what that weird noise I was making was. I have never sleep-talked before or since.

I also had a dream where I saw someone get injured in a construction accident during the building of my unit where the closet was.

When people would stay over they would hear voices and get scared and leave. Ahhh, I’m getting chills thinking about it now.

wow, im gonna feel like a complete perv for saying this. But i was actually talking about this to a couple buddies the other day and i was saying that literally the exact second i realize im in a dream…i could be doing ANYTHING and i will grab the nearest girl and just start fuckin hammering down.

Like i dont wanna call it rape but because obviously theres no rape in dreams, its not real people…but what i do could probably only be described as a rape fest. Three of my buddies said they end up doing pretty much the same thing haha. anyway i dont dream often but when i do i usually forget it within the next day.

PS nothing is more annoying the listening to a story about a dream, like what do you do act surprised? its a fuckin dream! anything in the world can happen…NOTHING anyone says is surprising yet they look at you like arnt you surprised?? NO! this has the same effect as if you just told me a completly made up story…anyway end of that rant haha

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

Strange thing though- I used to have sleep terrors, like a thousand times worse than nightmares.

When I was active in the sleep state and punching, kicking or anything else, I would also be doing it full speed and strength in the bed. I ended up knocking the shit out of a couple of ex-girlfriends. From what they said, I would just go ballistic screaming and punching, then return to a motionless restfull state. I never knew a thing until they would tell me.
[/quote]

My wife does the same thing without the kicking and punching…she thinks the ceiling is falling in…used to scare the shit out of me…she’s totally asleep but moving around the bed or the room…when it first happened I was freaked out and thought the ceiling really was falling down…then after a few years of dealing with it I’d try to ‘talk her down’ and get back to sleep…

now after 15 years I usually play along now and make things even creepier, “OMG honey…not only is the roof collapsing…it’s full of giant hornets ! RUN !! RUN ! Take off your clothes and run for the children’s sake!!!”

Thritto on the punching thing…I thought that only happened to me?

Nice to know I’m not a total freak.

Edit: In this regard only of course.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
I need to run away, fast, but my legs are like lead and I can barely move. I’m being chased by the devil. He has a black hooded cape and red eyes that glow in the dark. And he’s on a bicycle. Really. Sounds stupid, but it always scares the crap out of me.

[/quote]

It should scare the crap out of you. There’s no way you can outrun on foot, someone on a bike, let alone if it’s the devil. He WILL catch you, and when he does, let me tell you, you are in for it!

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

It should scare the crap out of you. There’s no way you can outrun on foot, someone on a bike, let alone if it’s the devil. He WILL catch you, and when he does, let me tell you, you are in for it!

DB[/quote]

Damn, DB, don’t I know it. Let’s hope they don’t need any more bass players in hell.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

Damn, DB, don’t I know it. Let’s hope they don’t need any more bass players in hell.

[/quote]

Surplus of drummers, scarcity of bass players…be careful YM.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Oh, I don’t know, Jilly. Your mention of it just reminded me that he’s talked at various times about being ape-like or wolf-like in dreams (or maybe an actual ape or wolf, I’m not entirely clear…I’ll ask tonight). I know this is a recurring thing for him, and I guess always has been. I’ve never experienced anything like that.
[/quote]

You should rent the movie (the version with Mark Wahlberg) without saying anything and see if he picks up on it. There’s some sort of battle scene where they’re all running towards something (I forget the details now) and suddenly I was like, “Whoa! That’s how I run in those dreams!”

That’s weird, I get the same slow-mo punching effect as everyone sometimes, but I definitely remember waking up once after really fucking someone up - blood everywhere and shit, and thinking that I was nuts because I had been told it was impossible to punch normally in dreams.

Also, the slow-mo jumping effect, seemingly without gravity, also happens to me.

Anyone else notice that you can read things in dreams, but they’re not written in a coherent language whatsoever - you just have this strong impression of what is being read.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
I have this damn recurring dream where I have to go back and finish High School along with life’s other obligations. It started in grad school and pops up every now and then.

[/quote]

Yeah I get that too. I have dreams all the time where it’s the first day of school. I figured it would go away after a few years, but I’m 24 and I had one of these just a few months ago.

I’m not a real big believer in the paranormal, but your dreams about talking to freaking ghosts freaks me out. I would have moved asap.

I often have dreams where I win/steal/earn a shit ton of money.

It makes for a sad wake up.

For some reason, I can never throw a football. Every time right before I try to throw it, I always regrip the ball, at least ten times, and then the ball just falls out of my hands.