Things to Do in London?

Hey guys, will be visiting London this December. Thought I’d ask around here for suggestions of places to go. WIll be there for about a week, and have already planned to visit the “must-go” places (palace, bridge, museums etc). Could anyone suggest a few places with more culture, music, more so for younger gen? My sister’s a musician so probably a main busking spot maybe. (Have seen awesome videos on youtube) An addition my mates and I are planning to go to a gentlemens club one of the nights, any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance
-Jon

I recommend just walking around hitting on Eastern European women.

I was going to say walk around acting like James Bond and drinking beer.

[quote]NAUn wrote:
I recommend just walking around hitting on Eastern European women. [/quote]

[quote]Nards wrote:
I was going to say walk around acting like James Bond and drinking beer.[/quote]

If i had a suit. I’d do both at the same time!

I’d say leave.

[quote]Mowgly wrote:
Hey guys, will be visiting London this December. Thought I’d ask around here for suggestions of places to go. WIll be there for about a week, and have already planned to visit the “must-go” places (palace, bridge, museums etc). Could anyone suggest a few places with more culture, music, more so for younger gen? My sister’s a musician so probably a main busking spot maybe. (Have seen awesome videos on youtube) An addition my mates and I are planning to go to a gentlemens club one of the nights, any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance
-Jon[/quote]

Strip Clubs leave you with a whole in your wallet and nothing else.

If you like your debauchery there’s a club afternoon called “The Church” on Sundays, I went a few years ago and it’s still going. It’s really popular with backpackers.

You pay in, they give you a bag with a few cans of beer in and then it’s just a normal club until the strippers come on the stage, both male and female… I’m still traumatised by the dong I saw swinging across the stage. At the end the girls are invited up on to the stage and some get their boobs out for free entry to the after-party.

If that’s not your cup of tea, I hear the V&A Museum has a great dress design exhibition on.

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:
If you like your debauchery there’s a club afternoon called “The Church” on Sundays, I went a few years ago and it’s still going. It’s really popular with backpackers.

You pay in, they give you a bag with a few cans of beer in and then it’s just a normal club until the strippers come on the stage, both male and female… I’m still traumatised by the dong I saw swinging across the stage. At the end the girls are invited up on to the stage and some get their boobs out for free entry to the after-party.

If that’s not your cup of tea, I hear the V&A Museum has a great dress design exhibition on.[/quote]

BUHAHAHA says the guy who gets a dong swung in his face.

Smash piss like a fucking champion :wink:

Grab a burger at the meatliquor
grab a lobster roll at burger and lobster

[quote] Mowgly wrote:
more culture, music, more so for younger gen? [/quote]

Camden Town and the market there

Covent Garden, easy to spend hours wandering about

[quote]egyptianBulk wrote:
[/quote]

As a Londoner, I would second getting a burger at meatliquor, just be prepared to wait for the privilege.

By gentleman’s club, do you mean strip club?

the zoo! I stroked an armadillo there. That’s a memory that’ll last a lifetime

[quote]krebcycle wrote:

[/quote]

As a Londoner, I would second getting a burger at meatliquor, just be prepared to wait for the privilege.

[/quote]
Krebcycle where are you in London? I stay in Notting Hill on Westbourne park road. I just moved there a couple of months ago. From your picture I can see you are a rugby fan do you still play?

For gentlemens clubs I would recommend staying away from the “famous” spots in Soho. Very unpleasant experience dont ask…

I’ve had a lot of fun at Angels, newer Stringfellows club. Cabbies will know.

I would spend minimal time/money in bars or restaurants in Covent garden TBH. It’s mostly overpriced rubbish designed to extract as much money possible from simpleton tourists.

Although having said that, if you want music have a look at what is on at ronnie scotts. http://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/

The Zoo is a good shout, everyone loves a zoo.
Get a curry from brick lane
Wander about camden
eat food and get drunk
http://www.the-elk-in-the-woods.co.uk/
http://www.freemasonsarms.co.uk/ - this is next to hampstead heath which is a fucking massive park, good to have walk about and you can visit kenwood house and eat some cakes What's On | English Heritage

Metropolitan Pub Company - this pub is cool as fuck

Basically for entertainment I would meet some locals and ask them what to do rather that go by your guide book.

Harrods, knightsbridge, walk down the mall, admiralty arch, hyde park etc etc

Bring a coat should be cold as fuck by then

I second Camden, should appeal to a very broad range of tastes.

Winter wonderland at Hyde park, as well as Christmassy stuff there’s rides and things.

And yes, coat definitely needed, it’s about 4 degrees today in the sun but was way lower when I got up for work

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]Mowgly wrote:

Thanks in advance
-Jon[/quote]

Strip Clubs leave you with a whole in your wallet and nothing else.[/quote]

Ya, that and a great fucking time!!!

[/quote]

Awesome. am a huge burger fan. Just read the reviews and this is definitely a visit. thanks

[quote]roon12 wrote:
Mowgly wrote:
more culture, music, more so for younger gen?

Camden Town and the market there

main busking spot

Covent Garden, easy to spend hours wandering about
[/quote]

Alright noted. quick google on these places. defintely in aswell. thanks

[quote]krebcycle wrote:

[/quote]

yessss sir, strip clubs. got suggestions? :smiley: