Things to Do In Boston?

Like rock and roll? Check out the Paradise Lounge on Commonwealth Ave.

If your really adventurous, and want to hear some bad ass garage band rock and roll in a real piss-hole, check out the Abbey Lounge across the river on Beacon Street in Inman Square. The drafts are cheap and the music is real fuckin loud.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

If your really adventurous, and want to hear some bad ass garage band rock and roll in a real piss-hole, check out the Abbey Lounge across the river on Beacon Street in Inman Square. The drafts are cheap and the music is real fuckin loud.[/quote]

I can vouch for the volume most definitely – I used to live about a block away from there. And I can also vouch for the “piss hole” part – that place was my erstwhile roommate’s favorite hang out…

Look out for these guys:

The tricycle guy (Louie) is a local legend. You can find him in any part of town, but you’re probably most likely to see him in Back Bay in the afternoon.

The cane guy is hard to find. I only saw him twice, near Mass Ave and Comm Ave.

Also keep an eye out for the guy that sometimes sets up his soup cans and a microphone stand and “sings” at Mass Ave and Boylston, or the shoeshine guy at the same intersection.

I once watched the shoeshine guy slam another man’s head into the sidewalk multiple times after trying to take his sleeping space (the exit door of the Hynes T stop, on Newbury St).

If you encounter the “Black Irishman,” you’re in for some humor. He’s a homeless black guy and uses that line (Help a black irishman!) to make college kids laugh and be more generous to him. It seems to work, especially on hot girls for some reason.

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
veruvius wrote:
BLASPHEMY! I just had a quesadilla Al Pastor and it was amazing. It is over rated in general though. At least the one in Somerville has gone down recently.

I assume you’ve never dined at Boca Grande.[/quote]

you’re right.

A few key highlights:

Do’s:

The Boston Commons and Public Gardens: Historical, beautiful, relaxing and LOADED with scantily clad college girls sunning when it’s nice out.

The Bike paths along the Charles River

Newbury Street as mentioned. I’d recommend Stephanie’s for lunch sometime, and Tapeo is an awesome tapos place.

Lansdowne Street has it all from Fenway Park, The Cask (Sports Bar), and the clubs (Axis and Avalon are the better ones. While their line up has been really weak lately Avaland Fridays do still bring in some great EDM).

Central Square has the Enormous Room (chill bar/eating), the Phoenix Landing (bar with EDM at night), The Middle East (rock club) and TT the Bears (lesser known rock).

Harvard Square: The name says it all. There is just a ton of stuff around there.

Don’ts:

Downtown crossing: getting uglier by the minute.

The orange line: getting scarier by the minute

Fanueil Hall: with the possible exception of the Bell and Hand, it is the tourist trap from hell.