Things to Do Before You Die

I apologize if something like this has been posted before, but I recently had an “epiphany” one might say, and decided that I only live once and that I want to spend time doing things that other people will probably never do. For the last couple of months, a very good female friend and I have been making an effort to do something different every weekend. So far…

-On a whim, decided to travel 3 hours to NYC @ 11pm and just talked to people until 8 in the morning.
-Went to a meeting with “paranormal investigators” in Gettysburg
-Went to Bodyworld in Philadelphia (very cool - check it out)
-Walked around Centralia, a town in PA that was abandoned due to an underground mine fire that is still burning today.
-Got tickets to be a member of the People’s Court and The Colbert Report audience
-Took five of our old high school teachers out to breakfast

In the future I/we want to…

-Go to dinner with someone famous
-Go skydiving
-Volunteer in an underdeveloped country (this summer, hopefully)
-Scale a large mountain
-Hike a significant portion of the Appalachian trail
-Eat something that most people would consider very gross.

I’m just throwing this out there to see what other T-men want to do and maybe even get some cool ideas.

You might want to read this:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1264209

Personally, I’d like to do Jessica Alba before I die :wink:

I’d like to skydive, be in a high speed car chase, climb a mountain(both figuratively and literally), find love, build my own house, and just go on a long journey to wherever the road takes me.

An underground mine fire is still burning today? wow. What type of mine was it?

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
An underground mine fire is still burning today? wow. What type of mine was it?[/quote]

a fire mine

Ypu guy’s gotta stop watchin fightclub so much!!!

Ive jumped from a plane and climbed many mountains, found true love (and married her with 2 kids produced) and worked in a 3rd world country so I guess I would like to beer crawl through Ireland!

[quote]tassie wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

a fire mine[/quote]

bahahaha! that actually had me laughing out loud.

oh, and it would be a coal mine…

Search for the orphanage and hospital construction in Ghanda… now that’s something that would last.

I’ve always wondered what would happen if I took an entire bottle of spike… but I think i’ll reserve that as the “last thing before you die”

Personally, i’d like to hold a conversation with a woman and NOT ONCE look at her chest… I’d go down in history books.

Jessica Biel. And probably in the butt.

[quote]Brawan wrote:
so I guess I would like to beer crawl through Ireland![/quote]
Welcome to any time mate - but bring your wallet, it’s about EUR 5.00 per pint over here.

Seeing this title reminds me of the song. Goes something like this…

If you had 24 hrs. to live, where would go, what would you do, who would you screw & who would you want to notify that ass is about to die.

Hahahah, somethng like that! It’s a badass rap song. I play it almost everyday. Anyone know who it is??? TKS!

[quote]kevbo wrote:

…[/quote]

I don’t believe in ghost or any of that paranormal stuff, but Gettysburg always freaks me out a little bit.

Were these investigators nuts or what?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
kevbo wrote:

I don’t believe in ghost or any of that paranormal stuff, but Gettysburg always freaks me out a little bit.

Were these investigators nuts or what?[/quote]

I don’t believe in it either; it was just something that sparks my interest. We went in with an open mind and it was pretty creepy. One woman was saying that she felt surges of energy in her arm that was emanating from the spirits. Another man was asking the medium what the woman’s name was that was behind him because she was being “very affectionate.” Then, the medium was talking about how Ouija boards open up gateways to hell, and I said jokingly, “I’ve used one in my backyard before.” The woman who was sitting next to me immediately moved.

I don’t believe in any of it… but it was an experience meeting the people. They were otherwise relatively normal.

There are touristy ghost attractions and then there’s the real thing. If you have the chance, do it… to say the least, it’s interesting.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
kevbo wrote:

Were these investigators nuts or what?[/quote]

Devil’s Den? Creepy place.

[quote]tassie wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

a fire mine[/quote]

The world class mullet in the avatar and this comment had me rolling. Sweet.

[quote]AKA wrote:
Search for the orphanage and hospital construction in Ghanda… now that’s something that would last.

[/quote]

I think it will take you a very long time just to find Ghanda.

DB

[quote]BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
If you had 24 hrs. to live, where would go, what would you do, who would you screw & who would you want to notify that ass is about to die.
[/quote]

Its called 24 hours, by mase… before he turned into a Jesus freak.

Personally, I’d want to scuba dive and skydive on alternating days. I’d also like to have sex with jessica alba. I’d also like to have sex with jessica alba, while scuba diving.
I’d also go base jumping.
I’d go to france, and ride the map of the tour de france on a motorcycle.
I’d also like to build my own house, even if its a small one, without powertools.
I’d want to drive an Aston Martin vanquish S on the autobahn, too.
I’d want to captain a hinckley yacht thru the bermuda triangle by myself.
I’d also like to see how many days I would be able to stay awake consecutively with the use of Spike and Spike Shooters.