Things to Avoid While Using Alpha Male?

Hey guys. I just started taking Alpha Male today. I am a 32 year old male and thought I could benefit from a little added testosterone.

My question is this. Are there any supplements to avoid while taking Alpha Male that may interfere with it?

Any possible side effects to this stuff? I am always a little nervous when I take something new. Especially something that alters hormone levels.

Thanks peeps.

Make sure you read the cycling instructions: http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/Alpha Male

Probably no side effects except muscle gains and boners.

Just follow the label and you’ll be fine.

Both of those side effects seem fine. I just hope my wife is ready!

The muscle gains and boners is causing my wife to be unable to keep her hands off me. She is standing over me while I’m in the bed as I type this…have to go!

I haven been taking Alpha Male for a month now, cycling it as recommended. Five days on, two days off. The thing is, I haven’t noticed any difference. No raging hard ons, no increased sex drive, and I can’t seem to notice a difference in the gym.

This leaves me with some questions. Does this mean my T levels were naturally already high? Am I simply not responding to Alpha Male? Am I resistant to it?

Just curious if anyone else has taken it and not noticed a change? I wasn’t expecting to feel like “The Hulk” but I was expecting to notice some changes.

[quote]bdiddy5522 wrote:
I haven been taking Alpha Male for a month now, cycling it as recommended. Five days on, two days off. The thing is, I haven’t noticed any difference. No raging hard ons, no increased sex drive, and I can’t seem to notice a difference in the gym.

This leaves me with some questions. Does this mean my T levels were naturally already high? Am I simply not responding to Alpha Male? Am I resistant to it?

Just curious if anyone else has taken it and not noticed a change? I wasn’t expecting to feel like “The Hulk” but I was expecting to notice some changes. [/quote]

Some people report nothing, but Alpha Male also suggests using for 6 weeks continued use. Also maybe you just aren’t noticing anything but when you stop using it you will notice you feel worse than you did on it.

Blood Tests are the only sure fire way to know what’s going on. So in short, give it 8 weeks of use and see how things are going.

[quote]bdiddy5522 wrote:

Just curious if anyone else has taken it and not noticed a change? I wasn’t expecting to feel like “The Hulk” but I was expecting to notice some changes. [/quote]

You might want to look into some more recent test boosters on the market. As great as Alpha Male is/was, its really old tech.

[quote]bdiddy5522 wrote:

You need to address more basic nutrition. I’d focus on your vitamin D, magnesium, and zinc status. Once you get those up - Alpha Male will be able to work its magic.

[quote]Myosin wrote:
You might want to look into some more recent test boosters on the market. As great as Alpha Male is/was, its really old tech.[/quote]
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

[quote]Myosin wrote:

[quote]bdiddy5522 wrote:

You might want to look into some more recent test boosters on the market. As great as Alpha Male is/was, its really old tech.[/quote]

I was just looking into the one Onnit sells, the ingredients (especially long jack) seem proven.

Only issue I can find with the long jack is that when taken orally, it has a hard time actually being utilized by the body. They compared blood levels in one study that featured injections versus oral use, and the injections were far more effective, despite the oral dose being 5 times as high.

I don’t think these should do much for anyone 30 or younger though. I’d still like to run a blood test before and after with one of them some time.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I did buy two bottles, so I will finish them out and see what happens.

Hungryone: I am already taking 5,000 IU’s of D3, 250 mg’s magnesium, and 15 mg’s zinc every day.

If this doesn’t seem to work, I will check into some other kinds. Thanks again everyone.

I searched the forums to see user feedback before I bought Alpha Male the other day. Many people have reported no real increases in the gym yet nearly everyone states that their libido has increased very much.

I don’t know if a person can not respond to Alpha Male. If it doesn’t work for you it’s very possible that your testosterone levels were already normal or high. As Cosrt said, blood tests are needed to know this.

I’d also suggest taking nettle root (TC recommends 240mg/day) because it helps increase the amount of free testosterone in the blood. “Concentrated extracts from the nettle root bind to SHBG instead of Testosterone, thus reducing SHBG’s Testosterone-binding capability and increasing the amount of free Testosterone in the blood stream.”(TC’s article “Altered States: Achieving the Dick of Death” http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/altered_states_achieving_the_dick_of_death&cr= )

It could be the fact that your hormones are not “pooling” where they should be. If you don’t notice symptoms of having more T then you could either be converting it downstream either into DHT or E, or your feedback loop from your brain to your nuts to make hormones isn’t working.

High levels of insulin upregulate aromatase, and high levels of cortisol upregulate 5-alpha reductase. So managing insulin sensitivity is paramount.

Another avenue to consider is your sex hormone binding globulin or their receptor sites. Thyroid issues are sometimes correlated with this problem.

Ultimately, you want to be tested if you think there is a hormone issue.