Things That REALLY Piss You Off...

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
belligerent wrote:
Magarhe wrote:
People who complain about doctors all the time. There are crappy ones out there but you gotta find the good ones. Also you might have something really weird wrong with you that nobody (or only a few) can do anything about.

I realize that there are good and bad docs but I think it’s deplorable and sickening that medical care is so “hit and miss” when it comes to providers. Medical schools aren’t getting it done.

This isn’t directed to Belligerent, and I agree with you Magarhe.

But this brings up to me a pet peeve. Doctors being expected to be superhuman gods.

All I can say is that medicine isn’t an exact science. It’s some of the best and the brightest people in our society, whom are human beings, as fallible as human beings are, making educated decisions about many different individual, ever changing, complex, imperfect human beings, who are all uniquely different in all aspects or their own lives, utilizing a science that is not exact, and utilizing the latest available technologies that are not yet advanced enough for a society who expects perfection (expects perfection of others but not themselves) and instant gratification, in a non-perfect world.

This is why I don’t expect my doctor to be a mindreader, God, to live my life for me, or to cure my thyroid problems RIGHT NOW when I ingested a diet primarily of soy products most of the years of my life, having caused long-term damage. (That is until I started reading T-Nation and realized that Soy is a big culprit–THANK YOU T-Nation!!). I do realize my doctor doesn’t have a magic wand, crystal ball or miracle potion at his disposal.

Unfortunately, I do realize that there are people in this world who expect these things of him, which is the cause of many excellent doctors becoming burned out and leaving the field, and many of the best and brightest potential doctors chosing other fields, when society needs them to chose medicine.

And this obvious fact is too bad for society, who has a shortage of many kinds of much-needed specialty doctors, while some of the best and brightest have left or have chosen some other field where their skills would be less optimally used.

Luckily, my doc’s a very good doctor who makes good decisions based upon the current technologies and information that are here, and this makes me happy he’s my doc.
[/quote]

I think it is a generational thing. My mother thinks her Doctor is God. And when I met her Doctor I think he thought he was God also. Most of the young doctors I have met are aware that most people today are usually informed to a degree. And act as they are just practicing medicine

[quote]larryb wrote:
People who paint over light switch and electrical outlet covers. You can’t take ten seconds to unscrew a cover plate?[/quote]

Lazy F–KING people

I don’t rerack all the plates…Really I should. I know it’s not nice. But it is tedious to take every plate off. Usually, I leave a plate or two on the bar, especially squats. I guess my thought is that everyone should be squatting 135. But it’s probably not right to do…[/quote]

I start my bench and squat workouts with an empty bar.

Skinny personal trainers who look like little girls and have not one pound on muscle of them(such as my gym).

Fat people and ugly people making fun of people for going to the gym(like sexually abusing junk food isn’t worse).

MTV/TRL

Dumb blondes

Drug commercials for pharmasutical companies-they seem so stupid( I get liver cancer just by watching them).

Hilary duff,lindsay lohan,and all chuck flicks.

Pop music,and the music my gym plays.

When I’m working out and my gym plays backstreet boys or nelly.

When I have to buy new bass guitar strings.

When girls P.M.S.

The drivers where I live.

When I run out of protein.

Anything with the word catabolic in it;
Losing muscle

FAT guys that wear muscle shirts.

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
DPH wrote:
TrainerinDC wrote:
In the last week, I have had people walk up to me and tell me that I need to stop using steroids, or asking me what steriods am I on so they can get some. This is really making me angry. I use creatine, protein, ZMA, fish oil, and a lot of food. I have never used a steroid in my life, but these people who dont have the drive and dedication to do what I have done, keep implying that I didnt do it on my own. There is my rant for the evening.

6’1" 210 lbs and people think you’re on steroids? are these people meth addicts?

9 or so months ago I was 180 lbs, 28 inch waist, and about the same bf%. I started lifting at 19 about 140 lbs. My last MMA match I was 6’1 under 140. I started working twice as hard when one of my friends joined the club I work for. Made all the difference in the world.
[/quote]

30 lbs solid gain in 9 months is impressive, good job…

now keep going!

[quote]larryb wrote:
nikolo wrote:
elemental79 wrote:
The thing that pisses me off the most from a general perspective would be obvious…

Cell phones & driving

To take it one step further, cell phones and walking. What is it with the fat asses in a supermarket who can’t walk and talk at the same time? They then stop in the middle of the aisle and blab, blab, blab.

Lately I’ve seen a lot of people using cell phones while riding bicycles. Pretty soon we’ll start hearing the statistics on how many of those get killed.[/quote]

Ooooo, I can’t wait for that!

[quote]wressler125 wrote:
People that use the word “swole” more than once.[/quote]

What the hell’s wrong with swole? Why can you only use it once? Is there like a “swole” card that gets punched when you say it so that you can’t say it again without getting arrested? If so I’m in trouble…

i hate that song by gnarls barkley, but the part i really hate is that i used to like it.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I think it is a generational thing. My mother thinks her Doctor is God. And when I met her Doctor I think he thought he was God also. Most of the young doctors I have met are aware that most people today are usually informed to a degree. And act as they are just practicing medicine
[/quote]

Hey that’s so true! I hate it when doctors I’ve known over years to be brilliant and very dedicated to their patients get verbally abused and sometimes even physically abused by people who expect instant gratification, even though they’ve been eating twinkies and McDonald’s, drinking beer and not exercising all their lives, and the doctor just met them one hour ago.

I think that uh-oh, we’re going to lose another great doc to another field again. Sucks.

I hate when dirty dishes get placed on the left side of a two sided sink!

The garbage disposal’s on the left side so, therefore, that is the cleaning and disposing side of the sink! The right side is for storage of dirty dishes!

I mean, if you’re already there setting the damn thing down, simply set it down on the right side so that I don’t have to fucking move it when I actually do my dishes!

Thank you.

[quote]swivel wrote:
i hate that song by gnarls barkley, but the part i really hate is that i used to like it.[/quote]

Who cares? What in the world is that avatar all about?

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:
I hate Ice Cream and Puppies. I once saw a puppy eating ice cream and flipped out so bad that it took six cops with tazers and night sticks to bring me down.

Just typing this is sending me into a rage!

LMFAO. Just sprayed water through my nose. Hope I don’t get electrocuted typing this.

[/quote]

Yes, that was brilliant.

seriously pisses me off when people inch closer to me while waiting in the check out line…makes my skin crawl

I hate drivers. Here is why:

people leave 3 car spaces between themselves and the car in front of them at a stop sign/light. When the fucker turns green and everyone starts moving, I get stuck at the red light. And people are blocking the intersection because of the excess space taken up.

People who haven’t learned to turn left without cutting into the left turn lane of cross-traffic. I’ve been hit because of these brain-donors.

People who walk really slow down the middle of an aisle or a hallway. WTF is this? Are you special? Stay against a wall, or I’ll run your asses over. Again!

Ditto on the supermarket holdup shit. I’m going to start ramming fuckers with my cart. Thanks for the reminder. It’s on!

People who talk to you for no apparent reason. Not only are you sucking me into the middle of a conversation I’m lost on, I don’t even care. I could hurt people for this one, if only I could live out my psychotic fantasies.

WHiners, complainers, quitters, excuse makers, weak-willed, impotent, inept, sensitive… These are character flaws that make me murderous.

Goddam, I think I need to be placed on several types of psychiatric drugs guys. I may be too “non-PC” for this flaccid society we live in.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Skinny personal trainers who look like little girls and have not one pound on muscle of them(such as my gym).

Dumb blondes
[/quote]

Agree 100% on the skinny trainer part, but I do have to admit, I love dumb blondes. The only thing hotter to me than a dumb blonde, is a smart one. =D

[quote]jessb20hatch wrote:
seriously pisses me off when people inch closer to me while waiting in the check out line…makes my skin crawl[/quote]

Ohh, checkout lines…I hate when some jackass is mad because there was a nickel difference in the price of a certain item. On and on they go. What else is marked wrong? “Look bitch, here’s the damn nickel; in fact, take three. Now will you get the Hell out of line so we can get on with our lives?”

[quote]djoh615893 wrote:
I hate drivers. Here is why:

people leave 3 car spaces between themselves and the car in front of them at a stop sign/light. When the fucker turns green and everyone starts moving, I get stuck at the red light. And people are blocking the intersection because of the excess space taken up.[/quote]

Far be it from me to try and defend the way people drive but some people leave space in case they need to move up or take off quickly while the light is still red. Learned this playing bumper taxi in NYC when I was much younger and very stupid.

Really? Because I have this weird phobia where whenever I hear a dumb blonde talk my hand slaps their face.
Kinda like a fly or a dead horse.

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:

Dumb blondes

Agree 100% on the skinny trainer part, but I do have to admit, I love dumb blondes. The only thing hotter to me than a dumb blonde, is a smart one. =D[/quote]

Ignorance. Cowardice. Laziness.