T Nation

Things That Put You In A Good Mood

Just wanted to start a thread for discussing things related to the iron game that put you in a good mood or make you all the more motivated to train more. Two examples for me both occured last night.

1. Failing to set a PR initially, then trying it again after some rest and getting it. This happened to me last night at squats. I had to bail on my first attempt at a new pr, but my training partners motivated me to try it again saying it looked like I could of had it. I got back under the bar and picked it up and with my training partners spotting me I went for it and nailed the rep almost perfectly. It was great; better than if I had gotten it the first time around.

2)Shopping for food after a workout. I just love that lingering feeling of fatigue as I walk through the isles and pick out quality food for the week. I feel like I’m esuring that fatigue I feel is going to turn in great results.

What kind of stuff puts a spring in your step when it comes to the gym?

Coming back off of a scheduled break to find that not only have none of your lifts decreased but have actually increased. Makes you realize that if you work hard enough, that break time is that much more beneficial.

I fully understand that being sore the day after is not a prerequisite for muscle growth. However, I love that feeling…oh how I love that feeling :slight_smile:

Opening a box with my Biotest order in it. All those wonderful pills!

Between 6 and 10 beers…less than 6 is too few and more than 10 is too many for me.

Being completely freaking exhausted after a workout, and then rewarding my self with more reps or more sprints or whatever.

About day 5 of the week, when your SICK AND TIRED of eating brocolli and chicken, and you could fry up some onion rings at any MOMENT, but you dont, you add a little soy sauce to the brocolli and you chomp that grilled chicken down with a huge smile on your face, knowing some day that IT WILL PAY OFF PEOPLE! PEACE!

Knowing I can squat or deadlift more than a lot of the guys I know makes me smile. And laugh. :slight_smile:

The taste of Surge. Especially when you are completly wiped out after a wourkout.

PR’s, being stronger then most, training clients.

All of the above, and I have to throw in something about girls.
The feeling I get when my girl and others grab my arms,legs,chest, you name it,they grab it. And they Love It.
That wooing and cooing sound they make is Priceless, and the only way to get it is to earn it in the gym. Now that i’m thinking about it, I gotta go thrash some weight.
Thanks.

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
All of the above, and I have to throw in something about girls.
The feeling I get when my girl and others grab my arms,legs,chest, you name it,they grab it. And they Love It.
That wooing and cooing sound they make is Priceless, and the only way to get it is to earn it in the gym. Now that i’m thinking about it, I gotta go thrash some weight.
Thanks.
[/quote]

I know what you mean! I like it when your girlfriend feels my arm too. :slight_smile:

If you think she has a firm grip on the arm… Oh,man I just can’t go there.

Feeling my hamstrings, glutes, erectors, and trapezius muscles while doing absolutely nothing at all during an off day.

Flexing in the mirror and taking pictures of myself and my dog :slight_smile:

And oh I forgot to add…eating out of a measuring cup in front of people as they let out a deep and big (I mean BIG) bellied laugh at what you’re doing.

Listening to NIN before I go lift weights always gets me properly pissed off to challenge myself.

Happiness is a warm syringe…

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
Flexing in the mirror and taking pictures of myself and my dog :)[/quote]

he’s not kiding either

jk pp

stop talking and bragging about how buff you guys are. im not even buff yet cuz i didnt even have any fuckin testosterone, and didnt even know it. fuck all you guys, im gonna go try that warm syringe thing now.

Really cranking hard on a long ride or run…that sweaty, filthy, nasty…and super strong feeling!