Things That Piss You Off

My wife has our 4 year old singing Miranda Lambert (or Mirambert Lambert to her). It’s adorable and agonizing at the same time.

1 Like

LOL. I know the article. And I know the feeling. Weighted dips used to be a staple for me until…shoulder problems. Incline dumbbell press became and still is the perfect exercise for me, regardless of set/rep scheme.

Yet, what do I start doing more of after reading that article because my shoulders feel reaaal good? More dips. Then some more.

Luckily I felt the ‘twinge’ when I was resting, watching TV and made myself layoff for the next week before I did some real damage.

Thank YOU for the reminder.

It’s always easier for someone to use luck as an excuse for their own feelings of inferiority whether it is perceived or real. From everything to looks, intelligence, education, success in general.

I, for one, always acknowledge other people’s accomplishments even though I still compare their success to my own. Even if they are doing better than I am, based on my own personal gauge, I complement them! Why be bitter about something you have no control over? If anything, if someone is that resentful, why not try and converse with the fella and pick his brain for inspiration or ideas of how to be more successful.

I don’t get jealous of other people’s ‘things’; my ego may hurt slightly but if anything it motivates me further to work harder and keep my family’s future in mind always. That’s not to say that I judge happiness or character based on other people’s possessions because I do not. The example above is a reference if I were to visit a friend or relatives home/work/whatever.

Every male has a 10 year span of music they think is the best and everything from then on is garbage with an odd fluke good song after that.

Welcome to the beginnings of your Grumpy Old Man stage of life, fellas. Good to have you on board :+1:

5 Likes

Typed like 3 retorts to this and abandoned them all because you’re fuckin’ right, you old dick.

1 Like

There is no pay gap between men and women.

Women enter and leave the workforce at will and pick jobs that have less danger and more mobility. As a result they make less money. Ample studies have disproven this.

And I say that as I sit on a well all night because the one woman I employ as an engineer had some kid crap come up at 5:00 and just said she couldn’t make it. At a burn rate of a couple of hundred grand a day, a drilling well waits for no one. She can go fuck off and die.

She’s toast.

Do you mean something came up with her child?

I listen to music from the late late late 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s and 2010s, mostly metal of all subgenres and some hardcore punk (minor threat, black flag, misfits, beartooth etc) and hard rock (aerosmith)

lulz … homie, I’ve been a grumpy old man for at least 10 years now … my mama always said I have an old soul :wink:

I can generally get on board with this theory - however an exception for me is metal/prog metal (and the various subgenres there of).

Metal/Hard Rock has such an interesting and diverse evolution for the last 40 - 50 (or 100 if you really want to go back to the delta blues and farther) years … a lot of really quality musicianship and diversity of themes, songs and personalities. I can’t pin down any 10 year span of hard rock/prog rock/metal that I can honestly say, in my opinion, is “the best”. Shit my preferences on what “era” of it I prefer at any given time is dictated by my mood…

Otherwise I agree with you. I think the creativity wrt to pop/pop rock stagnated in the '80s (some great pop rock to come out in that time) - hip hop I haven’t kept up with to really give much of an opinion on but if “mumble rap” is a thing and if the state of hip hop is what I hear blasting out in the barrios in my city is any indication - it’s really gone down hill…

I would venture to guess that you’d also find that the 10 year span of music mostly coincides with a span of life that we all look back on fondly ---- usually before we had careers, families, and responsibilities.

I know that I have to grow up and if I continued to live like I did when I was 20 then I’d end up as an empty person with a meaningless life. But I sure do miss those days.

I get mad at parents who want the police to scare their kids for them. I had a lady do it yesterday. Those were her exact words.

“I need you to scare my son. He’s six and he’s been stealing.”

I responded by saying that I don’t want to scare him because it teaches him to fear the police. She didn’t like that. I did speak with her son but I didn’t use the scare tactics she wanted. The kid is only six years old. I talked to him about his toys and how he’d feel if someone stole one from him and she said he leaves his toys outside and they get broke or stolen. But she never said that she forces his ass back out there to pick them up. She just lets it happen and yells at him about it.

Ma’am, I think you’re failing to see what the real problem is here…

13 Likes

Possible answers:

“Have you tried parenting? Might be worth a shot.”

Or

“Hold on, I need to get my Jason mask and a chain saw.”

I told her it was a parenting issue and she didn’t like that. We can’t tell people the truth because they’ll complain and I could get in trouble for “rude conduct”. You gotta walk on egg shells these days. It’s no fun.

1 Like

Throwing the mom to the ground and hand cuffing her probably would of scared the kid. Just a thought.

5 Likes

Jealousy, pisses me off when I notice myself getting jealous, pisses me off when I see others get jealous. It’s a needless, stupid, selfish reaction that needs to be avoided. We should all just be appreciative for what we do have and happy for those that have a lot going for them.

This must be becoming a nationwide trend. My co-workers and I say the same thing or some variation of it to people when they drag their kids over. It’s absolutely mind boggling when you’re working a public event how often this happens.

1 Like

Yes. She took a job knowing that time off for family things was basically impossible due to the fact that the drilling program stops for no man or woman. Child-related issues were specifically discussed.

And, yet, she’s not here.

If she wanted a job with more flexibility, we have plenty of those. They don’t, however, pay as much – because they are office jobs with flexibility and you get a premium for always showing up and playing hurt. She declined those flexible jobs.

You can’t have it both ways.

3 Likes

Took my kids up to two sheriff’s deputies at the gas station. “Boys tell these men thank you for doing such a tuff job and keeping us safe.”

Kid 1: “do you get to catch bad guys?! That’s cool!”
Kid 2: “just like spider man!”

7 Likes

Let’s say we see a police officer …

Talking kid: points “Police”
Get close to police officer
Me: We say hello to police?
Talking Kid: “GO AWAY POLICE”
Me: to officer Sorry…

3 Likes

An idiot who made a baseless implication that a 17 year old kid was a pedophile, proceeded to double down even after I reminded him of this fact and attempted to clarify the kid’s position, and eventually ended up purposefully misrepresenting every word I wrote while implying that I’m a pedophile too.

Sorry, had to let it out. This was the first time I really got mad online.

3 Likes