Things That Piss You Off

He’s not just referring to his own dick. Lots of bukkake in Chris’s day-to-day.

1 Like

Curtains are always an option too.

As a supervisor, I have had a first (I have been a supervisor for years, simply haven’t had this scenario.)

I have an employee who has a myriad of health issues (it’s cool, life happens, some folks are unlucky that way, blah blah blah) we have bent over backwards to accommodate this individual and their missed time, call ins and all that. They have been on the job for approximately 6-8 months and has missed a significant amount of time (looking back it is a pattern, in the moment it seemed like not a huge deal) Well yesterday I received an email from this employee informing me (not requesting) for a two week leave of absence, I emailed back stating we simply don’t have the resources at this time on such short notice, as we only have one other part time employee able to help with coverage, turns out she had already clocked out and left and informed me that the 2 weeks was starting now.

Needless to say I was shocked, do people actually do this? I can literally just tell my boss what the fuck I’m doing as far as taking extended time? They cited, “mental and physical health struggling” which I fully understand, but request a day, a long weekend, good lord…

This is the latest thing that pisses me off.

Perhaps you guys should give this person a lot less hours since they obviously are struggling so much. After the 2weeks holiday tell them they have another week off for good measure. Obviously you guys are going to have to employ a more reliable substitute.

Ha, it’s gonna be something like that, or possibly a gentle push to retirement from this job. I was torqued yesterday, luckily my wife got out ahead of it and told me to talk to my boss before I replied to this individual. It allowed me to calm my feelings of disgust and moderate anger at an adult with a fairly minimal work ethic and dependability.

2 Likes

Yes, be happy you weren’t also smacked with a bullying claim.

Yep, I have all part time staff that work for me. Most of them are great and several are putting in overtime every week making their own schedule (I’m a cool boss).

In the past I’ve had some pretty unreliable folks and what I’ve done is just slowly pare down their hours. There’s no guarantee that there will be work each week, so when we have it I like to A. give it to the folks who want it, and B. give it to the folks who will get the job done.

1 Like

Before I ever have a confrontation with someone who isn’t performing, my first question is: “Is everything ok in your personal life?” Ie. are you getting divorced, kid seriously sick, parent dying, etc. If the answer is no… then I proceed to the ‘This is unacceptable behavior’ speech.

1 Like

I have a frustratingly annoying neighbor who I have avoided contact with. He lives across the street and has signs everywhere in his yard and at entrances to our new development. That alone pisses me off… but my client received bids for signs and he got the job, now I gotta work with him. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

People who walk into the store and start to bother staff with dumb questions right on their entrance.

They see a guy, they see he’s busy filling the fridge with milk stuff and yet they ask him about price of some garden tools, they didn’t even try to find that themself and yet they ask him for prices right away.
And then they wonder how the hell guy on dairy products has no idea about garden tools… he only told them where they are. But it wasn’t enough for them.

I wanted to smack them, they even got insulted when I came there and told them to look for it themself instead of nagging at guy who isn’t even supposed to know that on a first place.

In HR land they can tell you that they’re taking 2 weeks after the fact, bring in FMLA forms at their convenience, and have you issue a formal written apology for causing them such stress.

Then there’s me. I used to fire people on the spot and I wasn’t even in a supervisory position. They just believed me because I was a little older.
Then the actual sup comes up to me- “Did you fire So&So?”

Me: “Yep. He sucked.”.
Him: “How?”.
Me: “I just told him he’s fired and that he needs to get the fuck out of here.”.
Him: puzzled look, scratches head, walks away…

11 Likes

I heard about woman who was also told by her coworker she’s fired and to take her ass home… she pepper sprayed him before leaving xD

So be careful xD

• P.S. clean up is a real bitch after pepper spray use in closed space

Being told how to do my job with no fucking knowledge of what my “job” is!

2 Likes

See also: “Your job is just (insert passive aggressive comment about how little they think you do) so you should be able to help me out and do (this portion) of my job.”

Shit grinds my gears, yes you see me at the desk, yes you see me on the computer, no that is not all that I do, yes there is a purpose to why I’m at the desk, yes at times it is easy, no it is not always like that, ha.

1 Like

My wife did something similar last weekend when the AC crapped out. “Just la-de-da with the what’s a thingy.”.

I don’t need that kind of shit when I’m trying to think through a problem.

1 Like

Superhero movies. I fucking hate them… yeah, I have seen more than I ever wanted to. Each time I hate them more.
I realize I am probably a minority.

What do we need fake enemies for? We have real terrorists. We have N Korea… you can’t make that shit up. Evil space-people I fear not…

1 Like

Entertainment @pat, entertainment. Superhero movies are not profound or high art. They are just for fun.

I’ll get off your lawn now.

3 Likes

You’re right. I like brainless entertainment, but it’s too stupid to tolerate for me.

My wife likes ‘The Bachelor’,it’s dumb as shit. That’s more than enough stupidity for me.
We don’t need less engagement, we need more. We spend too much time in suspended reality. We need to deal with the real shit.
Fighting space monsters too far down the stupidity rabbit hole than I can tolerate.

I am in the minority. I get that. But I really hate them. Each one is dumber than the last.

Had my family not be into it, I would never have been exposed.
I’d rather watch a doc on beetle sex, at least it’s real.

As a doc, my initial read of this was most disquieting.

9 Likes

Rock that exoskeleton, doc.

3 Likes