Things That Piss You Off

That’s why ya get on the once every 3 month bc. Only have to deal with that every three months

Ha! I’ve been given nice holiday towels, and honestly they’re stressful. I was joking above and can’t keep anything like that nice. I don’t ever wipe stuff up with them, but I’m forever burning them or getting whatever I cook all over them. I can’t be trusted. I’m like a man! My husband of course IS a man, and so doesn’t think twice about cleaning the bbq sauce off the floor with any of it.

Have a couple, can’t use them because they’re weird. I admire you if you can.

No falser of a statement has ever been uttered.

1 Like

2 Likes

We have two kinds of towels in the kitchen. One type is called dish towels; the other is called…I can’t remember what the other is called. (Note that paper towels are not included in this taxonomy.)

There is an intricate set of rules regarding the tasks for which each kind of towel can be used. For example: One type is perfectly fine for drying one’s hands on, whereas to do so with the other earns one a DON’T DRY YOUR HANDS ON THAT WHAT ARE YOU DOING I’VE TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES NOT TO DRY YOUR HANDS ON THOSE TOWELS!!!

I do not understand kitchen towels.

8 Likes

Demonitization. Ouch brah.

1 Like

My post was poorly written. In my third sentence I move back to the pot holders to talk about my inability to keep them clean, which I think is not clear. It looks like I’m burning the holiday towels, too. I am not laissez faire about towels and so am in solidarity with your wife, ED, though I have largely ceded the battle.

This is not a True Confessions thread, but here goes: I almost never use dish towels because they are so fraught. It’s not just the holiday ones, though those are the worst because I have to spend a month of my life running from another room screaming “WHAT ARE YOU DOING???” as I observe someone picking one up, all cream colored linen and adorably subtle Christmas embroidery, and getting ready to wipe chocolate ice cream drips.

It’s the regular ones, too. I blamed my ex-husband for his inability to learn that the towels were for ONLY CLEAN THINGS, but it’s not just him. One of my sons was home from college - my beloved son, whom I raised, and this one the most fastidious of my four children - and picked one up to wipe his clean hands (good, appropriate use of it, what a nice boy!), but then wiped his face and finished off by wiping his nose before dropping it down, rumpled, on the counter. BAD! That’s bad! I’ve explained many of thousands of times that a folded dishtowel implies that it is clean and sanitary and ready for use. I can’t even talk about the nose thing, or his blank look and then laughter when I asked “Did you just wipe your NOSE with that?”

At this point, utterly defeated, I use paper towels because I know they’re clean. So you can blame me for deforestation.

The pot holders I don’t care about because they’re in the drawer unless in use. I’m messy with those and am comfortable managing the upkeep of them. I don’t know that I would even care about the towels being wrongly used if anyone would put them in the dirty kitchen linens basket, conveniently located in the kitchen. But no one does, ever. And no one but me uses the “folded implies still clean” system.

The little dish cloths and sponges are a whole other topic of anguish.

2 Likes

Just got back to this thread. Haha…got some edit haha I didn’t check it…i meant rxns…when being cheeky. Honestly, I have a whole cupboard full of towels and laundry room is next to kitchen. I have a basket full of towels constantly. But I’m in the kitchen a good part of my day. I even have gates to keep dogs out so they don’t eat something. I consider kitchen stuff to what most women consider “shoes or purses”.

1 Like

Having a day where everything just kicks my ass. Back at it tomorrow me thinks…

Actually, North America (which is where the pulp for things like paper towels come from) has more trees on it than any time in recorded or known history.

Reason: my people and your people burned wood to stay warm, cook, etc. We now use natural gas/coal/heating fuel whatever. Also, farming has moved out to the plains (due to fertilizer and irrigation) and become much more efficient altogether. So many a former field has returned to nature.

Same in Europe.

Old growth forests have widely spaced trees an relatively little underbrush or young trees. 2nd, 3rd, 4th growth have a shitton of trees because they all started growing at the same time and didn’t have to deal with the shade of fully mature trees. That’s why. It’s also why fires get so big so regularly nowadays.

The nasty, personal insults, and openly celebrated classless state of politics right now in the US really grinds my gears.

Idiocracy has never been closer to reality.

Yep. I’ve been combing through thousands of acres of former farm land the past few weeks hunting for morels.

Wow, thank you, I feel so freed. Why, then, are we all worked up into a froth over paper use?

Obviously, ditching paper bags at grocery stores in favor of plastic was so much better for the environment.

Omg you’re just like my wife. I can’t keep her out of the kitchen. The only difference is that she spends the day making really horrific smelling herbal soups and stuff.

Ugh, herbal soups. I make a tortilla soup…pioneer woman or ree Drummond you can find online that’s awesome. I focus on food timing, macros and micros. But definitely not too extremes. I do not fear food. I know it is my choice on what I eat and how it will affect my body. I don’t punish myself or get mad at myself over food. I hate avocados to an extreme but force myself to eat them…that’s why I mentioned that soup cuz a garnish. I don’t stay all day in kitchen, I come in and out. I use lots of leavening recipes that are multi timing so you do step one…step 2 later…etc.

1 Like

It’s because of those damn hippies, that’s why. Almost the entire state of Maine has been logged and there’s more forest now than there was 100 years ago.

ForestsUSA

http://www.roperld.com/science/ForestsUSA.htm

:thinking:

Fake! It goes to 2025 and its only 2018!

3 Likes

People who live tweet their daily activities, have no personal boundaries and are overshare-rs.