Things That Piss You Off

It’s not really Oprah in my house, either. It’s "I read on the Internet that . . . "

Happened just recently shooting.

OK, “trade you your Internet search for my sniper school and 6 combat tours” was apparently not a constructive response.

2 Likes

That helpless feeling when learning something new - The process of learning something new is frustrating as hell but once it clicks … oooooh so rewarding.

Also, asking for help - I know it’s a necessity when going down paths you’ve never gone and I have to swallow my pride to get done what I need to sometimes and learn and grow, but man, it’s a fuckin struggle

2 Likes

The boss says that we need to continue working on this until we are finished.

which i TOTALLY Get, but why did he decide to start working on this at 4pm instead of noon when we could have easily completed it without working late.

Just cause he hates his wife, and doesnt want to go home after work, doesnt mean that he should infringe on my after-work life, right?

but then again, i kinda need this job…

fml~

1 Like

I feel the struggle - my boss emails me 30 minutes before I was fixin’ to go home Tuesday and asks me to do something by EOD - motherfucker this is an hour and half long task and you KNOW what time I leave … I talked to your ass 2 hours ago and you didn’t bring it up … dayum

2 Likes

I freakin hate that!

I’m notorious for going into young associate’s office, dumping some giant project on them with a tight deadline right before they go on a well-deserved vacation.

They stutter and stammer, and then I tell them I was screwing with them, and to enjoy their vacation.

I’ve done it for ~15 years now, and it’s so notorious, middle-tier associates tell me when some newbie has his/her first vacation coming, just so we can mess with them. Sometimes I have helpers who add things to the pile.

It’s become a right of passage, along with us putting folded-up empty boxes in their offices “in case they didn’t pass the bar” on the day of bar results.

Ah, the joys of fellow nerd hazing.

4 Likes

Haha I usually do “well, I have been doing this for a few weeks now…” but definitely going to add this to my snarky snapback portfolio lol

The sad reality is you can get just as far (further?) with bullshit and spin. The happy medium is learn to be a better bullshitter lol

Many hands make light work applies to dealing with misery as well haha

1 Like

that bee story was fucking electric!

I disagree. If you don’t learn and grow, the bullshit only will pile up to a tipping point. If you learn/grow/build upon a solid foundation (knowledge and improvement towards mastery) there’s less chance of failure down the road. I guess what I’m saying is when built on bullshit, it’s being built as a house of cards - knowledge is a much more solid foundation and each block is much more solid. Of course, there are examples of people making it far upon a house of cards, but there are many more examples (a lot more data points) of people whose house of cards could not carry them far - it’s too easy for someone with a solid foundation to blow it over…

Plus life is just more interesting when you’re learning something new; when it’s a bit frustrating and then it all lines up, works and is brilliant. I’m always trying to learn something new because when I’m not life is blah and boring. It’s not about getting ahead it’s more about staying engaged.

1 Like

Or worse being asked to sub in a coed game and no women’s locker room!

Yuuuup

I’ve found that everything has a life lesson in it if you look at it.it helps you grow up and not just age. I’ve had to learn and accept a lot and it makes my bs tolerance pretty low. However, if someone is honestly doing their best, I work on patience

1. Waiting for motherfuckers to get their shit/life together
  2. Standardized testing
  3. people giving me sideways glances when I lift (semi- heavy) shit because “small Asian girls shouldn’t lift”
  4. …when two of those people are your parents
  5. screen sucking
    I’d go on but I’ll probably end up sounding like more of an asshole
4 Likes

Go on …

I have to assume you don’t spend much time here - we’re all a bunch of assholes - let your asshole flag fly sister

7 Likes

Her: "everyone at work is stressed about * big once off event that is super important to the business *. I’m going to say something to the team lead "
Me: “They probably already get it”
Her: "Yeah they said something but haven’t done anything "
Me: “They probably have something planned for afterwards. Is it impacting you?”
Her: “No, my team only gets involved on the day”
Me: “Perhaps you can offer some help?”
Her: “No, I think they need to get everything out in the open”
Me: “Okay”
Her: “You don’t think it’s a good idea?”
Me: “I think it will go as well as any unsolicited help/advice.”
Her: mean things

Next day
Her: long story about a how it didn’t go down well
Me: It was probably just a timing thing.

4 Likes

The other side of it:

My wife: “So we have (insert important thing here) and so-and-so comes up to me today wanting to change everything. I’ve had flyers up for 2 mos. and we’ve had meetings on this for 4 weeks and have already… I told her maybe next time.”.

My Captain and my father-in-law (two different people) love to come up with alternatives to a plan after a decision has been made and we are in motion. It can be something as simple as where we’re going for lunch. Once we have gotten everyone to agree, shut the hell up and stop trying to create confusion and difficulty.

1 Like