Things That Piss You Off

I recently got hooked. It’s a trippy show that’s for sure! Still not as good as WestWorld though!

1 Like

I do like me some Westworld. Can’t wait for season 2!

2 Likes

My absolute favorite. Unfortunately I binge watched the entire first season in about 2 days, and did the same thing this year.

Now I have a long wait. Man I piss me off.

3 Likes

Westworld is a perfect fun intro into the ethics of conscious AI, let alone where consciousness comes from. It’s a really philosophically heavy subject that is hard to think about, but will potentially happen in my lifetime.

1 Like

Entire plot of Fallout 4

What constitutes a “Long run”?

I can tell you right now that it works very well for the situations where I need to do it. Not every situation calls for it.

you’ll see…

I will add that as terse as I am to make strong points when needed, it is balanced out by my equally positive comments when the time comes.

A while back I watched the movie “Westworld,” directed by Mike Crichton. It was just like Jurasic Park with a terminator robot. It was interesting for 10 minutes, but I watched the whole thing, and it kinda pissed me off.

I’ve been watching it since it first dropped on Netflix (total hipster here) - I almost didn’t continue after that first episode … I didn’t think it was clever or good … just weird. That 2nd and 3rd of the 1st season really got to me. Entire History of You is fucked up man. That’s the shit that drives people over the edge and makes me appreciate our imperfect memories.

It’s a great and disturbing series…

1 Like

Lol. ya… episode one is the worst by far. My buddy was telling me abiut the show a year or so ago as he’s like “ya, it’s this British show where a dude fucks a pig…”

I’m like mkayyyy…

I’ve turned a few of friends and family members onto it by telling them specifically to get through the first season before making any judgments lol.

1 Like

Is this the one where you could rewind your memories? That one was pretty fucking crazy.

Yea, in some instances ignorance is truly bliss…

1 Like

The one with the little TVs used to view memories was really good too. That bitch done snapped and the hampster got her, lol.

That was from the most recent season right? I have to re-watch those ones … You said you skipped over 2 and 3 and right into 4? Man you’re missing some fantastic episodes which I’m sure you’ll get to.

Some standouts for me were White Bear, Shut Up And Dance, USS Calister was cool, Hated In The Nation, and White Christmas. I mean, all the episodes are worth watching but those ones stick out to me for w/e reason - I really liked Hated in the Nation, it’s basically a movie (it’s like 90 minutes long - like White Christmas and I think USS Callister).

1 Like

Honestly, I can’t remember. I watched them out of order.

I think I have 3 left to watch. Maybe 4. I just started the one were everyone has a rating and it used to like buying houses and get jobs and whatnot.

I really liked white bear. On one hand, I was like wow that’s fucked up, but on the other that little bitch probably deserved it. USS Calister was also pretty good. The one with the metal “dogs” that hunt people down was pretty interesting too.

I also liked the Museum one a lot. I can’t remember what it’s called, though. White Christmas was okay. I watched it last night. It would suck to be blocked.

I’m not sure which would be worse - being a memory or imprint trapped in an isolated cabin listening to the same garbage ass music for 10,000 years or being blocked and identified as some sort of transgressor for everyone to see and avoid you. You can’t see anyone else’s face but you’re still in society - You’re not even invisible to everyone, like lost in a crowd type of thing - you’d be sticking out like a sore thumb KNOWING everyone is pre-judging you over some bullshit…again, not sure which would be worse

Nosedive is the one with the social rating system and illustrated, to me, the tyranny society can have over behavior and how it’s on par with government tyranny (JS Mill talked about this in On Liberty).

Also, in reference to your conversation with Ioppar (spelling?) in the Gun thread over in PWI: watch Men Against Fire - it kind of goes inline with this ISIS killing people in Dearborn, MI example…

1 Like

Wait, like a credit score? This sounds interesting.

This show sounds like twilight zone updated for 2017

1 Like

More like a yelp score. It’s out of 5 stars so the influencers or whatever were like 4.8/5.

That’s not the first time I’ve heard this actually. It’s pretty accurate; except, the episodes revolve around a technology of some kind that doesn’t exist, yet.

1 Like

The dating app episode is pretty good too and the one with the synthetic husband & Hayley Atwell was trippy too.

Really, the only bad episode so far was the first one with the PM fucking a pig.

2 Likes

It’s been described that way by reviewers and critics … it’s like a techno twilight zone

1 Like