Things That Piss You Off

Apples that are so ‘mealy’ that they might as well be plastic wrapped balls of moist cornflour.

4 Likes

Pasting two years worth of monthly reports into excel from notepad so I can do a simple % to total calculation…

Oh, and it was for three different processes. It’s okay, who doesn’t enjoy clicking edit->select all, edit-> copy, Alt Tab, Ctrl V 72 fucking times in a row.

Why don’t you just hit control/A, control/C and control/V… or just an intern to do that shit. That’s what I do.

1 Like

Well, I didn’t know about Control/A so… (that’s a sweet tip, though)

Our department is intern free at the moment, unfortunately.

Wow. I use hot key/keyboard commands all the time … for a lot of tasks, the mouse just gets in the way. Didn’t know ctrl + a huh … do you know how to use Alt + tab?

I use Ctrl + c, x, & v quite a bit, but a’s a new one for me. I don’t have to select all that often, but it will come in handy.

Yup, I use this for G/L entries quite a bit.

I’ve been told my computer is a hot key death trap.

Speaking of things that piss me off: I’ve had a support ticket with Microsoft for 2 weeks now because an update took away my most used hotkey in excel. Essentially it was a format copy/paste, known as the paintbrush tool. Fuckers have tried to close the ticket and tell me this isn’t a problem because the function still works the ol fashioned way.

1 Like

If they fix it please share the hotkey for format paste, would be a good one to add to the quiver.

1 Like

I only use a few tbh. It’s hard for me to keep hotkeys straight, though. I try to use Adobe Illustrator hotkeys in excel every so often, lol.

You on Mac or PC?

My mom had the idea to make chocolate covered strawberries for valentines day. (I was lifting in the garage). Apparently she tried to melt chocolate in the rice cooker because “She saw someone at the store doing that.” She then transferred it to a double boiler. It took me like 30 minutes to figure out (after I got home) why the chocolate wouldn’t melt.
I did eventually fix it with a microwave,oil and lots of stirring.
Note that the strawberries did come out fine

Sounds really great! Just kidding, Disney was hard for me, too, for the same reasons, but I was glad I did it.

1 Like

Wait, the problem was that the chocolates wouldn’t melt in a double boiler rather than that she’d ruined your precious zojirushi rice cooker? And I don’t understand why the chocolate wouldn’t melt in the DB. Continue explaining, please…

1 Like

Am I the only one that doesn’t know what a double boiler is…?

I wrote a macro to ‘paste special values’ and bound it to ctrl+b. Use that sucker alot.

God help you if you forget and try to bold something in outlook. Woops.

2 Likes

If you throw chocolate into the bottom of any empty pot/pan and try to melt it, the bottom will burn before the top melts unless you are very careful and lucky.

A double boiler is a pot that has two stacked sections. You put water in the bottom and something else in the top that you want to heat, but that is sensitive to overheating (chocolate for instance). The water in the bottom boils and steam heats the top section. The top section doesn’t have hot spots that will burn the chocolate because steam (and thus the top section it is heating) can’t be hotter than 100C.

1 Like

Hmmm, you learn something everyday. Thanks!

I really have nothing to add, but wanted to say Hi to all Ya’all~

1 Like

For Christ sake:

*Shirt says “F**K Me I’m Irish”

This country is pathetic.

3 Likes

If I comment on a facebook picture/post and that person doesn’t “like” my comment. Sometimes I’ll delete my comment and put them on ignore.